> Inside the Wizard's Room
Wizard of Oz
post Jun 5 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #1

The All Powerful
Group Icon

Group: Special Guest
Member No.: 4,381

No! Absolutely not! I'm way too busy. I told my secretary no visitors, no uninvited out-of-town guests, and absolutely no tourists (especially ones with dogs)!!

Ever since the Witch's death I've been way too busy to have time for much of anything besides work and keeping up with the rapid expansion of Emerald City. Who would have thought that her death would have created an economic boom for the land of Oz, but sure enough, we're noticing all kinds of positive market factors that point toward a true Golden Age of Oz.

More people are moving here from other lands, the Witch's castle has been turned into a tourist trap... er... attraction, the poppy fields are being harvested (for what, we aren't sure yet, but the extra income they're generating is sending gold prices through the roof) and even the Little People in Munchkinland have decided against unionizing and are once again happy working for minimum wage (though my advisors suspect their recent change of attitude is somehow related to the poppy industry).

Anyway, I need to get back to work, so please stop bothering me.

And if anyone sees that girl Dorothy and her dog Toto, tell her she still owes me money!

Harumph!

(From MidwestBoyInLA:) Ignore the man behind the green curtain. The Wizard of Oz - Emerald City Development Project has been released. Scroll down for the download!

This post has been edited by MidwestBoyInLA: Jun 10 2006, 01:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

Wizard of Oz
post Jun 8 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #2

The All Powerful
Group Icon

You again? What is it this time?

The park? Oh, yes, of course. Work is developing nicely, however the staff at Emerald City Amusements Development Project have requested additional help in completing the park. So we will be asking all of you to help us complete the park... once it's ready.

The delays are due to some problems we've encountered with the flying monkeys... apparently the loss of the Wicked Witch affected them in ways we didn't quite understand. While we had thought they were working for the Wizard, apparently they're still in the habit of grabbing guests from the park and flying them back to the Witch's castle... whey they all stand around awkwardly for a while - until the monkeys realize the Witch isn't around anymore - and then they carry them back.

While we fine-tune the park, we'd like to share some screenshots from the upcoming release. (Clicking on a thumbnail will open a full size picture):

An overview of the Emerald City Amusement Development Project:

The problematic flying monkeys and the Witch's castle:

Poppy fields:

Remnants of the Witch's terrible grip on the land:

Every visit to Oz starts in Munchkinland:

Detailed look at the Emerald City itself:

Now can I kindly get back to work?

Wizard of Oz
post Jun 8 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #3

The All Powerful
Group Icon

Here's a few more screenshots of some of the surprises you'll find in the downloads:

New custom scenery tab:

Two new paths and rainbow entrance:

Two new rides from Methusalem:

There was a last-minute bug with the entrance (having the same name as a WW entrance object) so I'm having our engineers work on that and we'll release the park as soon as possible!

yellowrose
post Jun 9 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #4

Frequent Shopper
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart 5-Star Member
Member No.: 1,125

As usual Brad exceptional work and worth the wait. banana-chuck.gif I can't wait to get my paws on this and design an emerald castle. The paths and new flowerbeds look great as well. Your talent never stops amazing me. banana-wink.gif Thankyou.gif

Signature

Zoo Admin Zoo Tycoon Content Designer
Zoo Admin Webmaster & Design Team Leader

Wizard of Oz
post Jun 10 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #5

The All Powerful
Group Icon

Well, looks like those darn flying monkeys were more trouble than they may have been worth.

But we've finally figured out the problem we encountered after first releasing the objects and I'm happy to announce that my advisors have advised me (as I pay them to do) that we can once again accept applications for developers to join the Emerald City Amusements Development Project Team. Our current team has prepped the park but have left plenty of room for you to meet the application requirements: Build 10 more coasters all with an Excitement rating of at least 6.0. You're encouraged to complete the theming and round out the park and to post screenshots as your application here in the forums.

To help you complete your task, we've provided you with over $2,000,000, along with the new custom RCT2 Wizard of Oz scenery, two new custom rides from Methusalem, new paths, and more. If you need more money, just let us know. We have several 'irregular' gold bricks that we can easily put through the shredder and turn into gold coins.

So if you think you're up to the challenge, and have what it takes to make the Emerald City Amusements Development Project Team, you're welcome to download the files and try your hand at completing the park.

Special thanks to the initial Emerald City Amusements Development Project Team:
Methusalem (custom rides)
Wagi (structures, landscaping)
jadedrac (tracks, landscape)
ckstei (tracks)
jonnyrocks (tracks)
pnkfloyd12 (tracks)
Mama Bear (object testing)
Riven3D & Rohn Starr (entrance debugging)

***PLEASE NOTE: If you downloaded the scenario or DATs after they were initially released, they may cause a conflict if you have Wacky Worlds installed. The Entrance file (OZENTRAN.DAT) had the same name as the Australian Entrance from Wacky Worlds. Even though the game will not overwrite your WW files, it will cause an internal error within RCT2 that will prevent you from using the Oz entrance (and possibly the Australian one, too). If you previously downloaded the files, we ask that you delete them (do NOT delete the WW version of OZENTRAN.DAT) and re-download these latest files***

ekimmel
post Jun 19 2006, 04:54 AM
Post #6

Officially Retired
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 28

Whoa!! How did I miss this?!?!?!?

Looks great, Brad! I'll definitely be checking this stuff out after I'm done with H2H.

Signature

Officially Retired

jv7
post Jun 19 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #7

Regular Shopper
Group Icon

Member No.: 164

Simply wonderful work, thank you banana3.gif

rct2obsessed
post Jun 19 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #8

The Original Patty Peep
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 13

That is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I know what I will be playing tonight when I should be asleep!

Thanks for sharing, it's great!

banana-grin.gif

Signature

Friend & Supporter of "(WORD AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED BY SYSTEM)"
IPB Image

zacpro
post Jun 22 2006, 01:53 AM
Post #9

Never forget it ...
Group Icon

Member No.: 634

Thanx Brad !!

I also find this scenery really cool (ehrmmm yeah, how could i find it bad ? ^^) , and I will play with it today !!

So, thanks for providing us ways of having Fun wink.gif

Signature

IPB Image

devilman
post Jun 22 2006, 03:12 AM
Post #10

Miscellaneous Designer

Group: Shopping Dependent
Member No.: 2,236

Thanks for this awsome pack, I can tell it was hard work. The scenery is amazing (and the paths are very well created) and Methusalem did an amazing job on the ride, Two thumbs up!

Signature

IPB Image

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: