> Tutorial Wishlist?, Specifically regarding custom RCT2 scenery
tycooner2006
post Jun 6 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #11

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
r.com
Member No.: 4,641

I have a lot of trouble with roofs. I would like to see a detailed tutorial on how to make roofs.

tycooner2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

lucas92
post Jun 7 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #12

Regular Shopper

Group: Regular Shopper
Member No.: 1,941

Colorable objects. It takes me so much time, drawing every pixel. I hope there's a faster way...

Signature

Member of RCT Majesty club
http://rctmajesty.rct-guide.nl/
New Site! Come visit us now!

IPB Image

MidwestBoyInLA
post Jun 8 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #13

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

Roofs (actually, I'll be doing a full building set) and colorable objects (are you insane, boy, they're easy!) are both planned. smile.gif

Signature

*** Download resistance is futile... at the new RCT*Mart! ***

K0NG
post Jun 8 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #14

Bargain Hunter

Group: Bargain Hunter
Member No.: 4,012

How about 'simple' animated objects...such as waterfalls and the like....I've got SO many ideas for some water works but have NO clue how to do any kind of animated objects.

Signature

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

MidwestBoyInLA
post Jun 9 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #15

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Animated objects are tough to do. There are already quite a few waterfalls and fountain objects that have been made. Couger, especially, has several water features. Check Rohn Star's Object Creator list for the link to Couger's site.

Signature

riven3d
post Jun 10 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #16

Rct Revalutions Owner

Group: Frequent Shopper
Member No.: 937

Couger's site has been down for months. Animated object would be a great tutorial to see, im sure it would be a long one

Signature

IPB Image

MidwestBoyInLA
post Jun 10 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #17

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

I was just at couger's site a few days ago:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steveu01/

(I guess it's his 'old' site, but it has his downloads)

Signature

K0NG
post Jun 15 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #18

Bargain Hunter

Member No.: 4,012

True...

There are some decent water features out there (I'm sure I have, or have tried them all) but, IMO they're mostly either 'stagnant' (as in been there-done that) or not particularly well done.

Since I have a tendency to use a LOT of water features in my parks.....I'd LOVE to create some new, fresh, never been done before water features. Like I said...I have some SERIOUS ideas that, if I actually had an idea of how to MAKE them......would give new life to the way water works are done in RCT2 parks.

So, I'm just saying that if a tutorial on animated scenery is POSSIBLE.....it might spawn a new generation of animated object creators. Ya never know. I see a LOT of new faces around the community asking how to create things....and not too many legitimate responses....just links to outdated "single tile-non animated balls".....and the like. Seems like everyone that HAS the knowledge is too busy striving for NE excellence to be bothered with enlightening the people that aspire to perpetuate RCT.

I know I'D be making things left and right .....if I only had a clue as to how it's done.

So....go Nike here......and just DO it!

Signature

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

MidwestBoyInLA
post Jun 15 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #19

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Well, considering there are few left in the community who even know how to do things like you're requesting, the demand is high for us to do it. I'm doing what I can to help others learn how to do objects, but my time is limited and I'm very busy.

You could always just do what I did... teach yourself. wink.gif There wasn't anyone around to tell us how to do it. We basically just learned how to do it by opening up similar objects (to those we were making) in the Object Editor and seeing how the game designers build things.

But tell us your ideas for water features. Maybe I can use your ideas when making the tutorials. I'd rather build things people want (while doing the tutorials) than just making things for the sake of the tutorial.

Signature

nmdeviant
post Jun 16 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #20

Bargain Hunter

Member No.: 2,036

you wrote
'There are some decent water features out there (I'm sure I have, or have tried them all) but, IMO they're mostly either 'stagnant' (as in been there-done that) or not particularly well done.'

' I know I'D be making things left and right .....if I only had a clue as to how it's done.'

I can appreciate your vision but until you've tried doing it you should withhold judgment on other peoples work. envisioning something animated then actually getting it to look and work like you want it to is very time consuming and frustrating....a simple waterfall needs a minimum of 7 frames in all 4 views, you have to adjust your colors, the 'flow' of the water, the timing of the animation...........not to mention the basics of getting your objects aligned in all 4 views, shading them in the correct direction....I've spent hours working on objects and when I finally think they are good enough to release you I see something else I missed.....in the short time I've been doing objects I've come to appreciate just how talented people like Midwestboy, cougar, toon, lightkeeper, Methusalems, the amazing earl, etc really are! They put out so many great things they make it look easy!
I'm not trying to discourage you because as much work as it can be it's also fun and rewarding.....Midwestboy is right the best way to learn is getting the object editor, a good graphic program and jump in with both feet dissect a few items and see how they work..........be prepared to clean out your objdata file regularly because you end up with at least as many failures as you do successes.....and you never know for sure until you load um and try um. good luck

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: