IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dumbledore's Tower, Many amazing surprises lie inside...
Professor Dumble...
post Jul 2 2004, 06:33 PM
Post #1

Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 9

Greetings! Greetings and welcome to my offices!

Please pardon the clutter, but I've had some very pressing business outside of Hogwarts as of late. Now that the Order of the Phoenix has been reorganized we've been following Dementors and Death Eaters day and night, keeping a very close watch on their movements.

In addition, we've been getting ready for the new term at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and RCT Wizardry.

As you've no doubt heard by now, one of our more, shall we say, adventerous students recently stumbled upon a long-forgotten vault down in the caverns under the school. As was expected, there were many terrible and frightening curses, counter-curses, and enchantments protecting the vault and its contents, but we've had several of the School staff working to get them ready for you, and work is progressing nicely.

There are many new and wonderful objects here for your enjoyment. Due to the sheer volume of the contents of the vault we separated them up into weekly releases when they debuted. But now that people have become familiar with the new potions, spells and enchantments, we've consolidated them all into one large scenario, which, when installed with the proper incantations, will give you all of the new items to enjoy.

The downloads will all follow in this thread as soon as the Owl Post arrives. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply here or visit the special tutorials I created on how to use some of the more advanced pieces in this set.

Oh, and if you don't mind, could you check in on Fawkes for me once in a while? I'm often called away on Order business at the last minute and he's rapidly approaching another Burning Day. Newborn phoenix can get terribly lonely if no one is around to oil their feathers.

-Professor Albus Dumbledore
HP-dumbledore.gif

Signature

[center]user posted image[/center]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

Professor Dumble...
post Jul 2 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Hello, students. Yes, I've returned.

Of course, with my Time Turner, I never really left in the first place.

As you've all been waiting for this, here are the custom Harry Potter RCT2 scenery objects that have been recovered from the vaults.

The download is a fully playable scenario that includes all of the custom Harry Potter scenery tabs:

Build Your Own Hogwarts Tab - Wall & Roof Pieces (80 Objects)
With these walls and roofs you can build your own version of Hogwarts - or make any building you like. Many of the pieces are two-sided to allow for columns and other features to line up when the game map is rotated, so be sure to check your creations from all angles to make sure you used the right pieces.

Tower, Arches, Walls & Railings Tab (74 Objects)
This tab contains mostly 1x1 small scenery objects that can be stacked and arranged with (or without) the Build Your Own Hogwarts set to add more architectural features to your buildings.

Wizard's Chess Tab (7 Objects)
The Wizarding world's second most favorite sport, especially when played on life-size chess boards. Recreate your own using these larger-than-life pieces or just use them as statues in parks or hedge mazes.

Quidditch Field Tab (19 Objects)
Every good wizard knows Quiddich... but not every wizard can build their own quidditch field. This set includes all the pieces you'll need, including tapestries for the four Houses and a peep flying on a broomstick.

Diagon Alley Walls, Roofs & Towers Tab (49 Objects)
This slightly off-kilter Tudor style set of walls, roofs and towers gives the impression that magic may be required to hold some of your structures together.

Diagon Alley Wizard Shops Tab (27 Objects)
Several of the most well known shops in Diagon Alley have been recreated as large scenery objects; also includes vendor tents, hedges, and decorative signs.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry Tab (96 Objects)
This tab consists of mostly large scenery buildings that can be arranged to recreate the Hogwarts castle as seen in the (first 2) Harry Potter movies. Most of these pieces stack one on top of the other in order to create various building and tower types and styles. I have posted several tutorials to help explain which pieces assemble with one another to create the proper final pieces.

Custom Harry Potter "?" Tab (27 Objects)
This tab collects together the various miscellanous objects that were not organized into other specific-themed tabs.

Within the download, the custom scenery has all been arranged into a replica of the Hogwarts Castle and other areas from the books and movies - the lake, the Forbidden Forest, the Quidditch Pitch, and Diagon Alley. This is the arrangement they were built to work in... however many creative students have already discovered the set is quite versatile in any theme park you may be working on.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: The download .zip contains all the .DAT files for the custom rides* that are included in the final scenario. Be sure to manually copy the .DAT files into your ObjData folder BEFORE you open the scenario. Without the ride .DATs in place, you won't be able to open the scenario.

Also please be aware that the final download is 6.8Mb. You do NOT need WW or TT to play this scenario.

Download "HARRY POTTER'S ENCHANTED THEME PARK" Scenario HERE

Enjoy the objects... and remember to keep the RCT magic alive!

-Professor Albus Dumbledore
(a.k.a. Brad/MidwestBoyInLA)
HP-dumbledore.gif

*Due to the nature of the Knight Bus, the ride breaks the maximum allowable height limit generally imposed on rides. It has a clearance level of around 6, which poses problems when the ride passes under scenery or ground that is too low. This was unavoidable in order to get the ride to look like a true triple-decker, so be aware that the ride works best on flat ground without any obstructions. Otherwise you'll notice some of the typical flickering that goes along with improper clearance levels (as the game still thinks the ride has a clearance of 4).

Signature

Professor Dumble...
post Jul 2 2004, 07:35 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Oh, before I forget, there were a few items that had particularly difficult curses on them and we were unable to break the spells before the final scenario was released.

I've included these bonus items in a separete download. Manually copy these .DAT files into your /ObjData/ folder and the next time you open the game, they should be available in the small scenery or walls/fences tab in the Scenario Editor.

Hogwarts Arch (railing removed):
I realized after the fact that it may look better if peeps could walk across the arch, which wasn't possible with the railing in place. Now you can use any path over the arch.

Floating Candles:
After the "Build Your Own Hogwarts" set was released, and people started building interiors of the Great Hall, I managed to whip these floating candles togther. The candlesticks are colorable.

Hogwarts Portcullis:
I managed to get the Diagon Alley portcullis doors done in time to add them to the tab before it released, but hadn't done one for Hogwarts. Here it is...

DOWNLOAD HARRY POTTER BONUS ITEMS HERE

Signature

Professor Dumble...
post Jul 2 2004, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Several people have requested a separate download for just the paths that I created, so here they are.

Unfortunately we were unable to evict the family of the trolls living under one of them, so consider yourselves warned.

The last 3 paths all have the same look when sitting flat on the ground; the difference is in their supports. The marble arch path, in particular, needs a little clean up (using some pieces in the Towers, Walls, Arches and Railings set) due to the way the game handles supports.

DOWNLOAD HARRY POTTER PATHS HERE

Signature

Professor Dumble...
post Jul 2 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

I only have a few minutes. I just heard a pair of dragons had been sighted over the Alps and given it's a full moon, I want to try to observe their mating rituals, as this event only happens once every 1500 years.

A few people have asked for individual downloads of the custom Harry Potter rides that were included in the final scenario, so in an effort to please everyone, even the lazy who don't want to install all of the scenery, I am happy to oblige. wink.gif

The rides included:

DOWNLOAD CUSTOM HARRY POTTER RIDES HERE

Signature

Flap
post Jul 4 2004, 11:56 PM
Post #6

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 50

I like this very much. It's very beautiful and it really looks like an Harry Potter World. biggrin.gif

Signature

See ya all back,
Flap

shax
post Jul 5 2004, 01:27 AM
Post #7

Window Shopper

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

Wow...this looks really, really good...I meand, really, REALLY GOOD. oké, I think you got the point, haha wink.gif laugh.gif

Mervinh
post Jul 5 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #8

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 77

OH YES!!! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Professor!!
All my 20 Birthdays and Christmases All pail into insignificance with this one set.
Are you sure your Professor Dumbledore not GOD!!!??? happy.gif
Amazing work and i for one thank you from the bottom of my soul.
I honestly don't think ANYBODY will release anything this good again.

Professor, I think i LOVE you!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Merv.

P.S This is the best thing since J.K Started writing the books, Thankyou once again.

Signature

Like Harry Potter?
Visit The Dementors Kiss

Tonks
post Jul 5 2004, 03:59 PM
Post #9

*+*+*Auror*+*+*
Group Icon

Group: Staff Member on Leave
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Mervinh @ Jul 5 2004, 06:47 PM)
OH YES!!! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Professor!!
All my 20 Birthdays and Christmases All pail into insignificance with this one set.
Are you sure your Professor Dumbledore not GOD!!!??? happy.gif
Amazing work and i for one thank you from the bottom of my soul.
I honestly don't think ANYBODY will release anything this good again.

Professor, I think i LOVE you!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Merv.

P.S This is the best thing since J.K Started writing the books, Thankyou once again.

I couldn't of said that better myself! Awinner.gif

Signature

RCT*Mart Staff Member on Leave

Tonks' Park Landscaping Emporium

USF_RULES
post Jul 5 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #10

Evil Model of Awesomeness!

Group: Regular Shopper
Member No.: 79

WOW! This HP scenery stuff is great! Awinner.gif I think the Burrow haunted house is awesome! The echanted boat ride is GREAT! I plan on using that for a 'Phantom of the Opera' themed ride, along with the floating candles. This is some really great stuff! Thanks again!

~CHRIS Invisibility_Cloak.gif DementorMove.gif Timeturner.gif

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: