IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rules for hosting 'abandoned' objects at RCT*Mart

RCT*Mart is making an effort to host custom scenery objects whose creators are either unknown, no longer in the community, or who have abandoned their objects to the public domain. In order to add objects to this Lost & Found Department, the following rules MUST be adhered to:

1. The person making the object available for download (referred to as the 'Editor') must make every effert to locate the original owner before posting an abandoned object. If the owner is known, that owner must give permission for the object to be hosted here.
2. Members are asked to provide information on the original creator if it's known to them.
3. The Editor must make an effort to contact the original creator (if possible) if more information becomes available.
4. The Editor may make no attempt to claim the original or 'edited' object is his own work. Credit for cleaning up an object up is fine, but it needs to be made clear it was not the Editor's original work.
5. We will host the objects until such time as the original creator (or Editor) asks us to remove them.
6. If any abandoned objects are altered (cleaned up for rotations, names, etc.) the DATs need to be renamed so that they do not cause conflict within the game. (This is referring to the DAT name - xxxxxxxx.dat)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are you lost?, We found you!
MidwestBoyInLA
post May 29 2005, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

Welcome to the RCT*Mart Lost and Found Department!

This is a new venture, spearheaded by gp-net, who has approached us with the possiblility of hosting objects whose original creators are unknown or missing. Apparently he's collected quite a few objects and feels (as we do) that there is a need in the community to make these available.

I'll let Klaus (gp-net) explain in further details (don't worry about his English, though he's German but he types better than most Americans), though I'll post my requirements for this section as well:

Rules for RCT*Mart hosting objects of unknown origin:
  1. The person making the object available for download (referred to as the 'Editor') must make every effert to locate the original owner before posting an abandoned object. If the owner is known, that owner must give permission for the object to be hosted here.
  2. Members are asked to provide information on the original creator if it's known to them.
  3. The Editor must make an effort to contact the original creator (if possible) if more information becomes available.
  4. The Editor may make no attempt to claim the original or 'edited' object is his own work. Credit for cleaning up an object up is fine, but it needs to be made clear it was not the Editor's original work.
  5. We will host the objects until such time as the original creator (or Editor) asks us to remove them.
  6. If any abandoned objects are altered (cleaned up for rotations, names, etc.) the DATs need to be renamed so that they do not cause conflict within the game. (This is referring to the DAT name - xxxxxxxx.dat)
Members are welcome to post objects they may also have, however these rules must be observed at all times.

If you notice an object posted here that you have more information on, then please let us know. We're looking for as much information on these objects as we can find, including creator name, online location of downloads (at which point we'll link directly to the objects) and more. Furthermore, if you notice one of YOUR objects here, and wish us to remove it, please PM me immediately.

Thanks, and let us know if we can help you!

Signature

*** Download resistance is futile... at the new RCT*Mart! ***
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

Rohn Starr
post Jan 6 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #2

I duzn't know nuthin'
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Designer
Member No.: 65

QUOTE (MidwestBoyInLA @ May 29 2005, 12:57 PM)
... Furthermore, if you notice one of YOUR objects here, and wish us to remove it, please PM me immediately. 

Thanks, and let us know if we can help you!

This also applies to myself.

Please PM either Rohn Starr or MidwestBoyInLA if you are the creator or editor and wish the object(s) to be removed from the Lost & Found database.

Signature

Check out the RCT2 Object Creators List.

Take a break in The Outhouse
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: