IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rules for hosting 'abandoned' objects at RCT*Mart

RCT*Mart is making an effort to host custom scenery objects whose creators are either unknown, no longer in the community, or who have abandoned their objects to the public domain. In order to add objects to this Lost & Found Department, the following rules MUST be adhered to:

1. The person making the object available for download (referred to as the 'Editor') must make every effert to locate the original owner before posting an abandoned object. If the owner is known, that owner must give permission for the object to be hosted here.
2. Members are asked to provide information on the original creator if it's known to them.
3. The Editor must make an effort to contact the original creator (if possible) if more information becomes available.
4. The Editor may make no attempt to claim the original or 'edited' object is his own work. Credit for cleaning up an object up is fine, but it needs to be made clear it was not the Editor's original work.
5. We will host the objects until such time as the original creator (or Editor) asks us to remove them.
6. If any abandoned objects are altered (cleaned up for rotations, names, etc.) the DATs need to be renamed so that they do not cause conflict within the game. (This is referring to the DAT name - xxxxxxxx.dat)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Permissions to Host 'Found' Objects, from the known creator
Rohn Starr
post Nov 5 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #1

I duzn't know nuthin'
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Designer
Member No.: 65

In this topic will be posted the permissions received from the creators of objects hosted in the Lost and Found Department.

Signature

Check out the RCT2 Object Creators List.

Take a break in The Outhouse
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

Rohn Starr
post Dec 16 2005, 05:00 PM
Post #2

I duzn't know nuthin'
Group Icon

Do you mind if I put these in the Lost & Found database when I begin updating it?  I'll even change the links in the topics so that people go to the database.

RS

No problem. I've always just wanted them available to the community to use as they see fit.

ckstei01

I received this via PM here at RCT*Mart

Signature

Rohn Starr
post Dec 22 2005, 09:01 AM
Post #3

I duzn't know nuthin'
Group Icon

Magnus,

question concerning objects you've created...

I've noticed that you use 'MG' at the beginning of your objects, I've also noticed that there is someone named maggi1703 who also uses 'MG'.  I was wondering if you were maggi1703.
The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to catalogue all of the objects that I've downloaded over the years and want to make sure that I provide appropriate credit for the creator in my listing.

Another question regarding your objects.

Since I'm working on the Lost & Found section at RCT*Mart, I was wondering if I could have your permission to post your objects for download there.  Of course you would receive full credit for them.  All I need is your permission to host them.

Rohn Starr

maggi1703
yes that was my first name on the net. woah that were times. great to remember those.
so yes that are also my objects.

about putting those for download. go for it. i mean i made them for the people out there to play arround with those. so it would be stupid to not release them.

if i just had the patience to catalogue all my objects

thanks you are doing the work wink.gif

Magnus

Received via PM from Magnus at the New Element forums. -RS

Signature

Rohn Starr
post Feb 10 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #4

I duzn't know nuthin'
Group Icon

Rohn,
... If people are still interested in my objects, I would be very happy to give them to you to do with as you please. I've not had the energy to even sit up at the computer and I'm not able to spend the time at a RCT site to do any uploading or anything.....but I would be thrilled to have people use the objects and so if you have any ideas on how I should re-distribute them, please let me know.

Thanks for contacting me,
Arlinda

On 10/29/05, Rohn Starr wrote:
First off, my apologies if this isn't the person I'm thinking it is.  If that is so, please let me know.

Arlinda,

There are some people within the RCT Community that are looking for some of the objects you created for RCT2.  If you still have them available, would it be possible for you to send them to me.  For some reason, I can't seem to find any of your objects that I know I downloaded from RCT Depot.

You can send them in a reply to this email or send them to the CC email address.

Thanks,

Rohn Starr

Received via email from TNBrat!

Signature

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: