IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Group Competitions poll
Would you be interested in joining a park group competitions with an assigned member or a group of people that you pick
Would you be interested in joining a park group competitions with an assigned member or a group of people that you pick
Group competitions with an assigned group [ 14 ] ** [58.33%]
Group competitions with picking your own group [ 9 ] ** [37.50%]
No to group competitions [ 1 ] ** [4.17%]
Total Votes: 26

ekimmel
post Dec 7 2004, 04:29 PM
Post #11

Officially Retired
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Leonardofury @ Dec 7 2004, 04:55 PM)
Can I get away with picking RCTA do you reckon wink.gif banana-lol.gif

Maybe we could do RCTA vs. non-RCTA.

banana-wink.gif

Signature

Officially Retired
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

gladiator_2
post Dec 13 2004, 11:48 AM
Post #12

FSU all the way baby
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart 5-Star Member
Member No.: 20

It looks like "group competitions with an assigned group" will be the way to try the first contest.

I will leave this topic open until the end of this month but be on the look out for this to start maybe January or by Febuary for sure

Signature

RCTycoon14
post Dec 13 2004, 02:47 PM
Post #13

Shopping Addict

Group: Shopping Addict
Member No.: 839

QUOTE (OrlanDude @ Dec 4 2004, 10:02 PM)
In the past two coaster competitions a number of entries drop out and that could ruin a team's chances.

I dropped out of a park competition just yesterday because:

1) I just forgot about it. banana-pbbbt.gif

and

2) I felt that there was no way for me to win this thing. With that said, I wish that I would have voted for the assigned one, but I didn't read what was after the first post. If I do something, and someone else that is better than me can change what I did, and make it better so that our "team," or whatever you want to call it, can win. Also with that just said, I read earlier in the first few post about someone saying something about a limit. Yes, I understand that, and agree with that, but as I just said, could they fix something up? (Scenery wise.) Or could someone have a part for scenery as well? Some people here are alot better than others at scenery, so those people could do the scenery stuff, and some coasters and stuff as well too. Do you guys understand. I know I'm very confussing. If someone can read jibberish then can you translate? banana-crazy.gif

Edit: I don't know how this will work-out but I hope it does work-out because I really like this idea.

This post has been edited by RCTycoon14: Dec 13 2004, 02:51 PM

Signature

IPB ImageIPB Image

Josho
post Dec 13 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #14

Mad Scientist

Group: Mall Rat
Member No.: 373

I think the idea is, you work as a team. It doesn't matter who delegates what task. The simple idea is you need to get organised (and the big happy world of instant messaging no doubt helps) and plan how the project is being done. So if someone does something, and another person has a great idea, then its up to the team to decide what works best.

The issue comes if someone drops out of a team, or just goes along for the ride, and nets some of the glory at the end. However, it would be up to the team then I guess to exercise a right to boot the offending member out, or at least chastise that member.

I guess having a group leader, someone who runs the team (like a manager) and then someone (either Gladiator or Mousing) to be independant from the team and exercise a right to authorise the group leader if the group leader shows signs of corruption.

I think the main thing is, its up to the group to decide what happens. If the group is happy with a member going along for the ride, so be it. But it is important for the group to be organised before they start, which is why I think a prolonged time for RCT contests would be in order, or at least groups of no more than 2-4

Signature

IPB Image

yellowrose
post Dec 14 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #15

Frequent Shopper
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,125

I also belong to a Zoo forum who has something similar to this it's called the Zoo Community Building. The building consists of teams who work together to build a zoo and compete against other teams. There is usually a contest of some sort every month where the teams each take turns deciding on the rules for a contest.The teams are made up of 4-8 members and once the monthly contest rules are posted the team members vote on what course of action the team will take, we each have our strenths and weaknesses and we work together to make the best zoo possible. There is a building commish who overseas the building to keep teams on the ball and asign new team members to the teams. We have our own section in the forum with a topic thread for each team and pinned topics for joining a team, competition ideas, competition rules, and for allowable competition downloads. This was added due to the fact that sometimes the downloads can get way out of hand. So for the team competition it was decided to have 10 regular competition downloads 1 voted on by each team for a total of 15 at the time. The download file capacity is much higher with RCT so the allowable downloads would work differently for this, I'm just not sure how.

I believe this would work here as well. The first thing to do would be to see how many members are interested in becoming a part of a team and then decide how many teams there will be once 6-8 members have formed a team those 4-8 members vote on a team name similar to the clubs but you don't need to be a forum member for any lenth of time or have a minimum # of posts to take part. When a contest is decided and rules posted we each focus on our stranths whether is be in the landscaping and decorating, building rides and coaters or doing the buildings. we all help each other, if one can see how something that is done can be improved then the sudjestion is made to the member completing that contest task. For total co-operation we all have to be ready for a little critizism and be willing to make changes for the benefit of the team entry.

I for one would like very much to be able to take part in something like this here, as I am just getting started with this game and I know I could learn a lot from an endevor like this. And it gives those of us who do not qualify to be in one of the clubs a place to take part in a group activity and get to know some of our fellow members.

Signature

Zoo Admin Zoo Tycoon Content Designer
Zoo Admin Webmaster & Design Team Leader

ride_exchanger
post Dec 14 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #16

Secret Government Operative
Group Icon

Member No.: 946

I cant believe so many people want their team picked for them! banana-confused.gif banana-crazy.gif This is America where we enjoy freedom of chioce! banana-lol.gif Don't you all remember what is was like back in school when you would be assigned a team project and the teacher/professor would pick the groups? I dont know about you but I would always end up with at least one team member who would do NOTHING! You all had the chance to eliminate that problem here and you missed your chance. Oh well

That having been said, I would LOVE to join this either way biggrin.gif

Signature

Simpsons QotD: I just realised, I am the "ow" in the word "now". And if you tell anyone... IPB Image

IPB Image
MySpace | MyDVDs | MyFacebook | RCT Architects
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

RCTycoon14
post Dec 14 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #17

Shopping Addict

Group: Shopping Addict
Member No.: 839

I have a question. If this was to take place then would we be able to use custom scenery? If we do use custom scenery then would everyone in that group have to download the scenery?

Signature

IPB ImageIPB Image

ekimmel
post Dec 14 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #18

Officially Retired
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 28

I would assume that we'd all use a common scenario/saved game that would contain all the objects we can use. Just like a park contest.

I'm with ride_exchanger about being able to pick teams. But I also recognize that that could create some real matchup problems. There is definitely a large variation in skill here.

I still like the idea of a private draft.

Signature

Officially Retired

yellowrose
post Dec 14 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #19

Frequent Shopper
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,125

another way to do this would be to start lets say 3 topics to begin with Team 1....Team 2....and Team 3 and have the members sign up for the team number they wish to be a part of in that numbers topic which can then have the topic name changed to reflect the team name as voted on by the team members. Hopeing we can get everyones co-operation to spread the talent out between the topics so each team has at least one strength in all of the needed areas for a good park design and viable team entry.

It might also be an idea if when members sign in a topic thread to list the game version and expansions they have as well as what they feel their strength is so talent can be spread evenly throut the teams with the final team makeup being decided by the teams commish.

Signature

Zoo Admin Zoo Tycoon Content Designer
Zoo Admin Webmaster & Design Team Leader

gladiator_2
post Dec 14 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #20

FSU all the way baby
Group Icon

Member No.: 20

As for the park scenerio, everyone would have the same park, same ride opportunity, and same scenery. However, in order to do this there will be a need for Commitment from all contestants, until the project is done.

Signature

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: