Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't uninstall expansion packs
thirstydeer
post Jun 21 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Frequent Shopper

Group: Frequent Shopper
Member No.: 68

I'm starting my selection of objects for my next park but I don't want any expansion pack requirements for it. I'm trying to uninstall the expansion packs but I get bizarre error messages as I try to do so.

When I try to uninstall Wacky Worlds, I get a message something like "an installation support file 'C:\AppData\Local\Temp\{B1AD83A0-41E3-B111-E9472349768C}\CommonDLG.bmp' could not be installed. The system file cannot find the file specified." This shuts down the uninstall process and I can't get past this.

When I try to uninstall Time Twister, I get a message saying "An error (-5006 : 0x80070002) has occurred while running the setup. Ple ase make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Atari, Inc.."

It doesn't matter which expansion pack I try to delete first. The messages are constant. I also tried the third party uninstaller Revouninstaller. I also sent a ticket in to Atari but there's been no help from them, and I've waited weeks.

Alas, I can't get rid of these expansion packs now. I run Vista Windows but I've uninstalled these expansion packs before without issue.

Help please?

Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: