Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help from the master?, Please?
Fossil
post May 31 2005, 08:21 AM
Post #11

Frequent Shopper

Group: RCTmart Partner Site
Member No.: 86

To use the 8 Cars trainer: Start RCT2. Alt+tab to the desktop. Start the trainer and let it initialize (the hourglass goes away when it's done).

The trainer program is just a menu bar window. You can select a function from the menu, then alt+tab back to RCT2. To use the land tool size feature, open the land tool in RCT2, then toggle to the trainer and select a size. Toggle back to RCT2 and use the tool.

It is prudent to save your work frequently while using a trainer, although I've rarely experienced problems with it.

Signature

user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

rct2obsessed
post May 31 2005, 08:30 AM
Post #12

The Original Patty Peep
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 13

Fossil, can you provide a link to download the trainer? I know it is here somewhere but I have never used one either. I think I may have to start too! Thanks!

Signature

Friend & Supporter of "(WORD AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED BY SYSTEM)"
IPB Image

Fossil
post May 31 2005, 11:02 AM
Post #13

Frequent Shopper

Try here:

http://www.geocities.com/jmanderson_2000/t...rs/trainers.htm

Signature

user posted image

ktysmi
post May 31 2005, 11:21 AM
Post #14

A Pirate's Life for Me.
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 106

Thanks. I downloaded it but it also said to use the land tool on blank landscapes. I did not quite understand it, but will play around with it soon.

Right now, although it is slow going, I am generally pleased. I know I don't do these things as well as the pros here, but for a first effort, it is looking good so far.

I have the ranch house, cistern, and the three main extra honeymoon cabins finished. Each of them has a small private lake.

Now I have a ton of other work to do on the outside--I think the bunkhouse and perhaps one more cabin. Then I start the inside. I am doing the land a little at a time because it gets tedious. Remember I can barely get two wall to line up. A line of small hills and many trees also block the romantic cabins from the park guests.

Name is 7 Bar Heaven

Signature

Yo Ho!

Neeltje
post May 31 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #15

Shopping Dependent

Group: Shop-aholic
Member No.: 25

QUOTE (ktysmi @ May 31 2005, 05:47 PM)

Ok next dumb question.  Is this trainer hard to use.  I have never used one.

I had never used one either untill I needed to with Catalunya Valley, but it was not hard.
I think I will go with the part grass part dirt one--it can be the hill county after a rain.  I am building the ranch house and the cottages outside the park--the ranch itself is large--that is the way ranches are.  I put in the river, but have not made the banks or anything yet--I just needed to define its space.

I like it that you finally decided to make your own scenario. I feel from your words that you feel a bit like me: it's like when you playd as a child: creating a world just like you want it to be.
If I knew how to make my images small enough I would show you where I am--but it is very early.

It helps when you first go to options and set your screen to 800x600 or even smaller. You have to load the pic in Paint or a similar program to convert it to JPG or GIF and you can cut a piece out, which will make the size even smaller.

edit: I thought I was doing something advanced with the quotes, but it was rather dumb, well you'll get the intention I believe banana-dazed.gif

Signature

user posted image
Curse you, Red Baron!

ktysmi
post May 31 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #16

A Pirate's Life for Me.
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 106

ok I will try cutting it down. Right now I don't have even the first corner done. Still pretty much experimenting with land types and tree types.

This part of texas has heavy scrubby trees, but also can have prairie and open pasture land. Has hills everywhere, but nothing large enough to be called a mountain. In the spring, the hills are carpetted with Texas Bluebonnets--a wild flower with a white tip and the scarlett/orange of the Indian Paintbrush. They are spectacular then.

Have not even started working on the river. It is just in place, not sloped if that makes sense.

Here is a site with a typical ranch from the area. See how so many different lands are there. This should be quite a challenge.

http://www.hillcountryranches.com/stagecoa...rings_ranch.asp
Attached File(s)
Attached File  rct_hc.JPG ( 54.03K ) Number of downloads: 73

Signature

Yo Ho!

Thunderhorn
post Sep 24 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #17

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 5,009

For the first question: (Maybe this has been said already , then please excuse me for my lazyness to not-read)

At the beggining make the landscape really small. (You can change it at the map)
Then make everything dirt or anything you'd like and then make the map bigger and ta-da , you have a full map of dirt within 15 minutes and it can be as huge as you'd ever want.

K0NG
post Oct 3 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #18

Bargain Hunter

Group: Bargain Hunter
Member No.: 4,012

Hmmmmm..........I've seen this trainer mentioned here often but, never really knew how useful it could be in designing landscapes so I never even thought about d/l'ing it. Now that I see what it can do , it seems like a MUST have for me!

A couple of questions before I d/l.........WHERE do you d/l it to? In one of Fossils posts, it seems like you would access it from the desktop. I typically d/l everything for RCT2 into the RCT2 file. Would that work or is it easier to access from the desktop? Also.......is there some sort of tutorial for using the 8 cars trainer? I prefer to have some sort of idea how things work before I try to use them so, this would be extremely helpful to me. (plus, I've already got smoke coming out of my ears from trying to learn Dr J's Object editor.....another complete trial and error tool might cause my brain to burst into flames!)

as usual, thanks in advance...

K0NG

Signature

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

FlyingPenguins
post Oct 3 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #19

Frequent Shopper
Group Icon

Group: RCT Amusement Designs -Coasters
Member No.: 2,748

Trainers? You can download and put it anywhere you want, as long as you remember where it is. banana-lol.gif

There are tutorials on how to use one everywhere around the web, even here (I think). I know there are a few good ones at RCT Competition, except the site's still down...

Signature

Formerly known as TheÜberTycoon22

My new site! FlyingPenguins Online
Projects: Lakewood Park

Fossil
post Oct 4 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #20

Frequent Shopper

QUOTE (K0NG @ Oct 3 2006, 02:35 PM) *
A couple of questions before I d/l.........WHERE do you d/l it to? In one of Fossils posts, it seems like you would access it from the desktop. I typically d/l everything for RCT2 into the RCT2 file. Would that work or is it easier to access from the desktop? Also.......is there some sort of tutorial for using the 8 cars trainer? I prefer to have some sort of idea how things work before I try to use them so, this would be extremely helpful to me. (plus, I've already got smoke coming out of my ears from trying to learn Dr J's Object editor.....another complete trial and error tool might cause my brain to burst into flames!)

as usual, thanks in advance...

K0NG

Kong, it's a separate program (an ".exe" file) with its own icon. I created a shortcut and put in on my desktop. You can launch it any way you can launch any other program.

It will sense if RCT2 is running when you start it and "hooks" into it. It gracefully unhooks if you terminate it while RCT2 is still running.

The help file that comes with it is really all you need.

It's an essential tool for scenario/park developers. Set the starting cash, mow the lawns, water the gardens. Those tasks have become SOP for me before I release anything - I want that crisp, clean look. The starting cash options are far too limited without the trainer.

In some parks, I've turned off park boundary fences (after I've built my own using objects) as they tend to blemish the objects. I don't do this if the scenario has land for sale, as fences are helpful in that case.

Setting an object's clearance to zero is sometimes helpful. It allows you to put two objects at the same height on the same tile, which can give some, ahem, interesting effects. Try embedding a fountain or water spout in the middle of a tile that has flowers. That's very nice, indeed. Not so nice is the effect from two coasters running through each other - that will cause crazy screen flicker.

Thanks for stopping by the Dig Site - the (nearly deserted these days) home of the old bones.

banana-wink.gif

Signature

user posted image

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: