Reply to this topicStart new topic
> need some help, Rct2
bambi69147
post Mar 19 2010, 06:24 AM
Post #1

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 1,490

I have a problem I hope someone will answer. I downloaded alot of dat files and also object dat files. I went into my scenario editor to start a new game (computer crashed so I have to start a project again.) Here is the problem. I get into the editor then when I do the advanced for the small ofjects it will only show 12 I try to go down the list and it will not let me. I was hoping that someone will be able to tell me what to do. Should I erase the game (saving files) and then download only those I want??? Not sure what to do.
Lisa
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

Spunknit
post Mar 20 2010, 02:07 AM
Post #2

Official Llama Herder!
Group Icon

Group: Store Manager

Member No.: 5

Hi Lisa! This is a common problem, but very simply resolved. The game has a limit of approximately 5000 objects, and you've probably met that limit. What I did was made seperate folders for scenery groups, such as the Harry Potter scenery, then I moved the objects there. I still have them on my computer if I need them, but they aren't cluttering up my objdata folder. When you open a game that uses these objects, they will be put back into the objdata folder again, so you may need to do this again in the future. Hope that helps!

Signature

Spunk - Herding Llamas Since 2004!
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

bambi69147
post Mar 20 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 1,490

QUOTE (Spunknit @ Mar 20 2010, 06:07 AM) *
YAAAA!!!!!!!!! someone is there to explain it to me.Yup I believe I have met that and them some. I have been all over the place since my last hard drive crashed. Got some of my files back, some they are no longer there ie. Mama Bears site. closed...gone.sad.gif So I have been allover from Japan to Russia to Germany ect.Got some cool things. I am now trying to back everything up into a spare hard drive that I keep for important docs. I still wish I could find Lady Crofts rides. She was so insparational then again so are you. By the way I am very grateful for yours also. I have found over the years that I went from rct3 to trying the other ones only to come back to rct2. Just something there. I hope this will help me get things up and running so I can make another park.
Thank you again
Lisa
Hi Lisa! This is a common problem, but very simply resolved. The game has a limit of approximately 5000 objects, and you've probably met that limit. What I did was made seperate folders for scenery groups, such as the Harry Potter scenery, then I moved the objects there. I still have them on my computer if I need them, but they aren't cluttering up my objdata folder. When you open a game that uses these objects, they will be put back into the objdata folder again, so you may need to do this again in the future. Hope that helps!

Spunknit
post Mar 21 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #4

Official Llama Herder!
Group Icon

Group: Store Manager

Member No.: 5

Thanks for the kind words, Lisa!

You can find lots of scenery objects and custom rides right here at the RCT*Mart. Methusalem is Lady Croft's husband and he has a section right here at the Mart. Also, there are some parks around that contain objects made by Lady Croft and Mama Bear, as well as many others. Be sure to check the aisles here, there is much to discover! You may not get back everything you once had, but you can get a lot of it! Good luck and hope that helps!

Signature

Spunk - Herding Llamas Since 2004!
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: