IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blink! Where in the web have I been?, Is this the dark side?
Fossil
post May 14 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Frequent Shopper

Group: RCTmart Partner Site
Member No.: 86

OK, old Fos' feels like the old guy in the fairy tale who slept for twenty years. For the first time, I've been attempting to use the web for crass commercial purposes. Well, hopefully not too crass, but you get the drift.

So I wake up and there it is - a whole world out there that I know nothing about. Google Page Ranks, AdWords, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), robots.txt, and on and on.

After coming to grips with the fact that I'm just a garden variety noob, I did what I usually do - tried to figure stuff out. I got acquainted with a bunch of web sites that struck me as just plain odd - del.icio.us, StumbleUpon, Squidoo, and others.

So what woke me up, a kiss from the Princess? LOL, in my dreams (but if in my dreams the Princess woke me, then I would be asleep, right? Hmmm... way too deep).

I think I'm getting the hang of it - sort of. But if any of you folks have slithered into these corners of the web, I'd be interested in comparing notes and stuff.

Signature

user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

jonnyrocks
post Jul 28 2008, 03:47 AM
Post #2

Mall Rat
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart 5-Star Member
Member No.: 167

I use Stumble, I really like it! Whenever I'm bored, just click that, and your bound to find something interesting. If you keep adding to your interests, you get lots of new stuff as well, and theyre always adding new categories.

Signature

IPB Image

Build it and they will come
Make it great and they will come in their thousands
Make it magnificent and they will come in their millions

Come Join the Racing and Duling Inc. !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: