IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week #1: Welcome to the dig team!, Are YOU ready to dig?
Dr. Alan Grant
post Oct 5 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #1

Window Shopper
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 3,293

Welcome guests!

Despite some previous troubles (I think you heard about them...) I've decided to collaborate again with Hammond Fondation for what we hope will be the biggest fossil hunt ever done!

I'm very happy that you have decided to join us in our around the World expedition to discover new dinosaur fossils. Over the course of our expeditions we'll be visiting some of the most well known dig sites around the world and we'll try to uncover as many dino species as possible.

Our expedition will last 4 weeks and its itinerary will include dig sites on 5 continents. You will share the honor with your fellow adventurers, alongside world-famous palentologists, to search for fossils in the driest deserts, inside the most dangerous jungles (fighting with scorpions, snakes, spiders and whatever else we may find) while trying to survive the coldest nights and the hottest days! Due to changing weather, we'll be working long hours and will spend the entire day at the sites, from 7am to 10pm most days. But if you are able to endure all 4 weeks, you will be rewarded with the richest of prizes: the honor of restoring and bringing these prehistoric giants to the world once again! And, of course, your work will be cited in my newest book!

For those who wish to join us we have prepared project passports and itineraries along with your boarding passes! We still recommend that you bring your own passports, but for the duration of our excavations, and as long as you're accompanied by Hammond Foundation employees, these Jurassic Park passports will be honored by the countries we plan to visit.

After all this, not to mention the recent news from Alberta, I'm sure you're anxious to get started. But before we begin, let me clarify one thing - We don't have any intention of bringing these animals back to life! What happened in the past must be a lesson for our future! I never want to see someone being eaten, let alone chased by a living T-rex! This is a serious scientific expedition and this has nothing to do with living amusement or theme parks!

Our current itinerary has us leaving this Friday for the first four of our 12 excavation sites:
  • Judith River Formation of Alberta, Canada
  • Morrison Formation Jurassic sites of Colorado
  • the Isle of Wight, in England, the first place where dinosaur fossils were discovered!
  • And... Finally, we will reach the Gobi Desert, in Mongolia
We expect to find some very interesting fossils in our first week!

In Alberta we hope to find, among others, remains of the biggest flying animal of all time, the Quetzalcoatlus, as well as skeletons of duck billed dinosaurs known as Parasaurolophus, and horned dinosaurs like the spiky Styracosaurus. In Colorado we will try to dig fossils of Jurassic giants, as the Apatosaurus (a.k.a. Brontosaurus), and of their fearsome predators, the Allosaurus. England should give us the opportunity to find remains of the first dino ever found and described, the Megalosaurus, the well-known Iguanodon and of the strange fish-eater Baryonyx. In Mongolia we hope to find a little vicious dinosaur that I personally encountered and that I hope not to meet again, the smart and cruel Velociraptor

And there will be plenty more!

In preparation for departure, be sure to collect your itinerary, boarding passes, and your passports, and don't forget to pack your luggage! Oh, and one more thing - due to the classified nature of these excavations, in order to reach the dig sites you will need to answer some questions in order to demonstrate that you are a true paleontologist! When the new dig sites are announced, I'll provide questions that you will need to answer in order to proceed. Don't worry, though, as I'll be here to help and provide hints and you can always search the web to find the answers!

Before leaving I have to go visit with Ellie Sattler. I'm hoping that in the next few weeks she will join me.. er us... on our excavations.

We'll see you all this Friday!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

mcjaco
post Oct 6 2005, 05:55 AM
Post #2

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 3,238

My bags are packed! I even remembered my satellite phone!

ekimmel
post Oct 6 2005, 06:42 AM
Post #3

Officially Retired
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 28

Woooo.. Can't wait.

Signature

Officially Retired

jonnyrocks
post Oct 6 2005, 07:15 AM
Post #4

Mall Rat
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart 5-Star Member
Member No.: 167

I sure hope there isn't a weight limit on our luggage!!

Now I just need to dig out my digi camera....See you in 2 hours or so!

Signature

IPB Image

Build it and they will come
Make it great and they will come in their thousands
Make it magnificent and they will come in their millions

Come Join the Racing and Duling Inc. !

rctmickeymouse
post Oct 6 2005, 09:58 AM
Post #5

Bargain Hunter

Group: Bargain Hunter
Member No.: 2,885

Wow O Wow!

FANTASTIC! WAHOOOOOOO! I've been waiting for this for ages, I can't wait to dig!

Signature

IPB Image
That's Some Imagination huh!
Leader of the RCT Structures Organisation
Visit the RCT Structures Organisation Today!
By Clicking Here!
"Oh Boy!"

LakeHudson
post Oct 7 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #6

RCT*Mart Junkie

Group: Frequent Shopper
Member No.: 2,376

I'm packed and ready to go Dr.Grant. Oh wait where did I put the shovel?

Signature

[center]user posted image[/center]
[center]user posted image user posted image[/center]

MidwestBoyInLA
post Oct 7 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #7

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

Hey everyone. Dr. Grant had to go on ahead of us, but I wanted to let you know that the helicopters are waiting to take you to the first dig sites.

Four sites are currently available for you to start excavating. Each site is protected, though, so be sure to dig around for the answer to the clues that will give you access. Some helpful links are provided at The Helipad, where you can now board the helicopters!

See you at the dig sites!

Signature

*** Download resistance is futile... at the new RCT*Mart! ***

ckstei01
post Oct 7 2005, 05:03 PM
Post #8

Frequent Shopper
Group Icon

Group: RCT Amusement Designs -Coasters
Member No.: 266

Great tour! Having trouble accessing the London site but not sure if my spelling is correct.

Am I assuming that the computer disk is to be clicked on for a download? Nothing happening for me when I try. Maybe I need to catch up better on my dinosaur trivia.

Can't wait to see what the future expeditions hold!

Signature

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

MidwestBoyInLA
post Oct 7 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #9

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

I just posted a few tutorial screenshots in The Helipad so you know how the interface is supposed to work. If you have any problems just let us know.

As for passwords, make sure you enter them IN ALL CAPS, as it's case sensitive.

People are encouraged to share clues on how they found the passwords, but please don't post the passwords in the forums. We don't want to ruin the fun for everyone.

banana-drgrant.gif

Signature

*** Download resistance is futile... at the new RCT*Mart! ***

riven3d
post Oct 7 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #10

Rct Revalutions Owner

Group: Frequent Shopper
Member No.: 937

the Saichania in Asia doesnt seem to be working.

Signature

IPB Image

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: