IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week #1: Welcome to the dig team!, Are YOU ready to dig?
MidwestBoyInLA
post Oct 9 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #21

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 9 2005, 07:24 PM)
I just wanted to note that MidwestBoyinLA did a fabulous job with the flash game-thing-dig hunt biggrin.gif.

... now this would have been even more AWESOME if it was this way when LOTR and HP was released!

Thanks guys. Marco (ilgmk) had originally planned to do it just using a flat graphic with some areas mapped to link to the downloads. I thought we could make it more fun to do it in Flash. The clue hunt is his idea, and was much more elaborate, but we decided to scale things down so it didn't get too elaborate.

And I DID have the crazy idea to go back and build something similar for HP, at least. I still have some DAT cleanup to do on that to fix some bugs, and my time is really limited these days (with little available for RCT or the Mart) so I don't think a similar interface is on the horizon.

Glad you're liking the game here, though. We wanted to try something fun and different.

I should mention: the graphics are taken from the game Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (which is also where Marco got the dino and scenery images from). We just reworked it for RCT2 and for the 'event' here.

Signature

*** Download resistance is futile... at the new RCT*Mart! ***
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

LakeHudson
post Oct 11 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #22

RCT*Mart Junkie

Group: Frequent Shopper
Member No.: 2,376

****Begin Satellite Transmission****

Dr. Grant we have had 5 more complete fossil sets stolen overnight: 4 from the Colorado Site, and 1 from the Mongolia site. They were the Camarasaurus, Apatosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Ornitholestes, and the Alxasaurus.

There are no clues at this time how the thieves got into the camp, or how they removed these items with the Hammond Foundation security personnel here at each site. I myself take full responsibility for this set back in our research.

Al...gh . st... t.... it .. .am.... h...elf who is ...... a.. ...s. I ..em to .. .avin. s.m. difficulties s.ay..g out o. th.. satelite change .v.r z..e. I ..ll talk to you at ..e Colo.... s... with.n the ..x. .e. h...s.

(****Static*****)

Make s...e C..... .s ..ere. (More Static)..............

(Searching for Signal.........)
(No Response from Satelite #2.......)
(Searching......)
(Transmission ended loss of Signal.)

Signature

[center]user posted image[/center]
[center]user posted image user posted image[/center]

mcjaco
post Oct 11 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #23

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 3,238

I'm having problems getting into Colorado.....I found the guys name.....but it won't except it. What's the trick? Spaces between names? First name only? Last name only?

Dr. Alan Grant
post Oct 11 2005, 01:40 PM
Post #24

Window Shopper
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 3,293

I'm having problems getting into Colorado.....I found the guys name.....but it won't except it. What's the trick? Spaces between names? First name only? Last name only?

The name is composed by first name, second name and last name, all to be written in CAPITAL with spaces between names. Mayve what you consider first name is the second one. Last name has to be written after the otehr two.
Hope to have been helpful!

LakeHudson
post Oct 20 2005, 05:34 AM
Post #25

RCT*Mart Junkie

Group: Frequent Shopper
Member No.: 2,376

*****Fax*****

To: Dr. Grant & Dr. Saddler

Dear Dr.'s Grant & Saddler,

It has came to my attention that even more fossils have been taken from all of the sites. Also there has been many coded transmissions found within the camps.

To help keep us from losing any more fossils we are going to step up security even more. All Mail, Faxes, and Transmissions at any of the sites will be monitored by Hammond Security Personnel and myself. All Faxes for the day will be sent in (1) one fax per day to each site. The messages themselves will then need to be distributed to the appropriate members of the team.

I know this borders on the privacy issues, but everyone should understand this is for the greater good. If the Thefts don't slow down then we will up the Security to the next level. If we go to level 3 security then no one will be able to enter of leave the dig sites without armed personnel with them at all times, also they will be searched before being able to leave the camp.

Cyrus has also requested you and Dr. Saddler to join him at the hospital, John seems to be recovering slower than expected. Cyrus feels a visit from two old friends such as yourselves would be good for him.

Oh, before I forget, the Colorado site has met with a set back. It seems that a rainstorm has halted all digs. The Supervisor at the site said many of the dig sites have backwashed and they will have to re-dig once the rain stops.

Sincerely,

L.Hudson

*****End Page 1/1*****

10/1706/1936/17690/*2356

Signature

[center]user posted image[/center]
[center]user posted image user posted image[/center]

MidwestBoyInLA
post Oct 20 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #26

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Just checking... it's been awful quiet in here. Are you guys still hunting? Finding anything?

Signature

SuzannePark
post Oct 31 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #27

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 1,678

I thought i had found everything for week 4 but now i've just stumbled across a custom ride! wow you guys have excelled yourselves with this project thanks to everyone involved. Happy Halloween! banana-witch.gif

Signature

IPB Image

MidwestBoyInLA
post Oct 31 2005, 05:39 PM
Post #28

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

As the weeks have progressed we've also added content to previous weeks' releases, too, so if you only visited England (and others) in week #1, be sure to go back again for more!

Signature

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: