Dr. Alan Grant
post Oct 14 2005, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Window Shopper
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 3,293

Hi everyone!

I'm proud to announce that we have obtained all the necessary permissions to dig fossils in some really interesting, new dig sites!

First of all, though, the Canadian government gave us the permission to begin digging at several new sites within our Alberta location! We've already found Corythosaurus and hope to find several more new species there!

Among the new dig sites, we have set up a new base of operations in Montana, where we will search for Cretacic dinosaurs from the Two Medicine Formation and from the Hell Creek Formation! We hope to find remains of some very unique and interesting animals, such as the duck-billed Maiasaura (one of the few dinosaurs ever found with nests - which we also hope to uncover!) and the armoured tank-like Euoplocephalus!

But the biggest news come from other continents! We have received permission to dig in the desert of Niger, Africa, and in the Province of Sichuan, in China!

In the Tenere Desert of Niger (by the way, the first aid tents always have anti-venoms for scorpion and snake bites) we will try to find two of the fiercest and biggest carnivores ever existed on Earth: the gigantic Carcharodontosaurus and an animal that I met alive some time ago, Spinosaurus.
We also hope to find other exciting animals, such as the long-necked Jobaria and the "supercroc" Sarcosuchus.

In China we'll be looking for several Jurassic species, and in particular the dinosaur with the longest neck (which is also one of the largest animal ever known to exist on the planet), Mamenchisaurus, but we hope also to find Cretacic dinos, like the biggest duck billed dino ever found, the enormous Shantungosaurus!

That's the good news. Now for some bad news.

As you've undoubtedly heard, our expeditions have faced some trouble we did not expect, including fossil stealing and information about structures that have been found in the UK. I would like to ask all of you to keep your eyes open for ANY suspicious activity that might occur around our camps! It seems that this may have been the work of insiders on the dig teams, and we are trying to determine who is responsible.

If you uncover any new information please let me know immediately!

Thanks, and have a good hunt!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: