IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week #5: Isla de Niebla, New JP Theme Park NOW OPEN!
LakeHudson
post Nov 10 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #1

RCT*Mart Junkie

Group: Frequent Shopper
Member No.: 2,376

Satellite Transmission Origin Unknown

Dear Dr. Grant,

This is Lake Hudson. I wanted to be the person to break some very bad news to you. As we have feared these past several weeks, InGen has been actively stealing fossils and dinosaur tissue from the various dig sites. I had attempted to do my best to prevent any further thefts, but may have inadvertantly helped the thieves in their efforts.

Part of that is due to the fact that I was not up front with you about the fact that Cyrus is my half brother. Apparently this fact worked in their favor, as information I was sharing with Cyrus, unaware of the fact that he was the mastermind behind all the incidents at the dig sites, helped them in obtaining some of the most valuable fossils I was trying to protect. Once they learned the blue and red X's indicated completed vs. incomplete fossils they were able to steal them more easily.

As a result of my failure, I fear I am largely responsible for the latest bit of information I've received, and feel compelled to pass on to you.

We have discovered the location of what has, til now, been known as a "recovery site" off the western coast of Chile. Located on Isla de Niebla (the Island of Mist), Cyrus and his cronies have just opened a new Jurassic Park theme park. The gates open this weekend and from the looks of it, things have been progressing for quite some time behind our backs, and despite our best efforts to prevent it. In fact, it appears the past several weeks of dig site excavations we've been on were merely a smoke screen to distract us from what Cyrus was really up to.

I have a helicopter standing by to take us to the new park location. I know your hesitation to get involved with living dinosaurs again, especially considering your past experiences, but it would ease my conscience to know that you have seen what Cyrus and the InGen teams have done with the research we were working so hard to protect. I don't know what can be done at this point, as the resort is booked for the next year and a half, and park tickets are selling out daily, but I still would value your input on what is happening on Isla de Niebla.

Cyrus knows I am bringing you and that you have been informed of his trechery, though as he stated to me, there's really nothing we can do now either legally or politically. It appears he has purchased the island from the Chilean government and they are refusing to get involved. We have attempted to contact my Uncle John, but he has not been well (I suspect Cyrus may have been behind that as well) and was unavailable when I tried to call him this morning.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies. I will live with the regret that my actions played a key role in allowing things to deteriorate to this point, but I hope you can believe me when I say I was just as much a pawn as you and the rest of the dig teams.

~Lake Hammond Hudson ~

Satellite Transmission Ended

Signature

[center]user posted image[/center]
[center]user posted image user posted image[/center]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post  Skin designed by Evanescence at IBSkin.com

MidwestBoyInLA
post Nov 11 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #2

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

Well, folks, this wraps up our JURASSIC PARK: THE LOST RCT EXPEDITIONS Project here at RCT*Mart.

With the final week's updates, you'll notice a few new things in the Jurassic Park interface (located in The Helipad topic):

*All passwords on the dig sites have been removed. You should no longer need to enter a password. They should all open directly after clicking their new "thumbtack' on the world maps. If you are still getting the password prompts, be sure you clear your browser's cache and try again.

*The new Jurassic Park: Isla de Niebla site includes larger screenshots taken directly from the scenario we've made available. Please note that these screenshots may take longer or be delayed (or not even show up) when displaying in the information window. If you see a blank white screen, try closing the window and reopening it. (It's a glitch in the Flash movie that happens since the files are loading externally directly from a folder on the server.)

*There are only two downloads with the full park scenario (two new buttons on the far right-hand side of the interface, above the "Return to HQ" button): you can either download the Jurassic Park: Isla de Niebla scenario or a separate .ZIP file that contains all the DAT files created for this project.

*If you download the scenario, please note that it DOES NOT include all of the DAT files. There are too many (large objects especially) to fit in one scenario given the built-in object limits of the game. Also note that the scenario contains a few rides (by Methusalem) that do not auto-import when you open the scenario. The individual ride DATs are included in the scenario .ZIP file and you will need to manually copy those to your /ObjData/ folder before attempting to open the scenario (if you don't have them installed already).

*The download that contains all the individual DATs includes the tabs and paths, which are new to this final update. They are also in the scenario file, but if you only download the scenario the tabs will not contain all available items (from within Scenario Editor) if you don't also download the full DAT files separately. (You will get the red "not all objects are available" error message when trying to select the tabs.)

Thanks to everyone for joining us on our latest adventure, and special thanks to the following who contributed:

ILGMK/Marco - Created all the new dinosaur custom scenery, walls, roofs, and buildings (over 400 objects) all by himself!
METHUSALEM - Created all the new custom rides
WAGI - Invaluable testing advice and also built the Isla de Niebla scenario
LAKE HUDSON - For his gung-ho attitude and for helping us flesh out a bit of a storyline during the past several weeks of updates.
COUGAR - For creating some additional Jurassic Park scenery which we used in the Isla de Niebla scenario

Signature

*** Download resistance is futile... at the new RCT*Mart! ***

LakeHudson
post Nov 12 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #3

RCT*Mart Junkie

Group: Frequent Shopper
Member No.: 2,376

Wanted to add;

Thanks to Brad for putting everything together and creating the Flash for this Project.

Congradulations to the Whole Jurassic Park Project Team! We all did it! banana-smile2.gif

Signature

[center]user posted image[/center]
[center]user posted image user posted image[/center]

Spanky
post Nov 12 2005, 06:57 AM
Post #4

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 2,497

thanks to the whole team for this fantasic expedition. the new park is great. fantastic jobs.

i'm curious about what's coming next.

SuzannePark
post Nov 12 2005, 10:31 AM
Post #5

Window Shopper

Member No.: 1,678

yes i have had a lot of fun searching for passwords and finding hidden extras, everyone involved has obviously worked hard on this and it shows - big thanks to all of you!

Signature

IPB Image

MidwestBoyInLA
post Nov 12 2005, 05:45 PM
Post #6

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Spanky @ Nov 12 2005, 07:57 AM)
i'm curious about what's coming next.

A long vacation from anything RCT related. smile.gif

Signature

*** Download resistance is futile... at the new RCT*Mart! ***

Spanky
post Nov 13 2005, 04:25 AM
Post #7

Window Shopper

Member No.: 2,497

A long vacation from anything RCT related. smile.gif

that is understandable. enjoy your break.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: