Closed TopicStart new topic
> Update 2005!
ObsceneJester
post Mar 5 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #1

Regular Shopper

Group: Regular Shopper
Member No.: 582

RCT Resource unleashes the powerful InvisionPowerBoard 2.0! It's all a part of our "Update 2005"!

Existing members will need to update their accounts by re-registering. Read up on it at RCT Resource.com for more information.

http://www.rctresource.com
http://www.rctresource.com/forums2
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wagi
post Mar 6 2005, 06:33 AM
Post #2

RCT*Mart Credit Card Holder
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 11

In the midst of the RCTOlympics (which are already a week late), while we're still checking to see if there's anything posted yet about the final events, it now appears the old Olympic topics weren't even moved and now we have to spend the time to re-registar???

(Wagi walks away shaking his head in disbelief...)
+Quote Post
ObsceneJester
post Mar 6 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #3

Regular Shopper

The old forums are up for viewing until the Olympics are offline, as you can see by clicking the forums link from the Olympics Official website.

These forums have been in the works for well over a month, as you can tell by some of the posts on them, so it's not like we put them ahead of the Olympics.

The Olympics, I will state again as it seems I must do so on every site, were postponed until tommorow due to an extended vacation my family took that I had absolutely 0 control over.

And while the Olympics are a huge event, the Olympics and RCT Resource are two different things, and yes, I happen to put my personal life ahead of this community as every person should, and I put RCT Resource ahead of the Olympics.

As for re-registering, do if you want, dont if you dont. It was the only way we could get the new boards without carrying over some pretty bad errors on our old forums, so we did it.
+Quote Post
ride_exchanger
post Mar 6 2005, 08:16 PM
Post #4

Secret Government Operative
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart 5-Star Member
Member No.: 946

im having trouble finding the olympics forums. are they stil there?
+Quote Post
ObsceneJester
post Mar 7 2005, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Regular Shopper

Yep, but for view only, no one is allowed to post except on the new forums.
+Quote Post
ride_exchanger
post Mar 7 2005, 02:45 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(ObsceneJester @ Mar 7 2005, 05:32 PM)

ok, well if i mentioned i was having trouble finding them it wouldve been nice of you to post a link to them to help me out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banana-confused.gif)
+Quote Post
Wagi
post Mar 8 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(ObsceneJester @ Mar 7 2005, 07:32 PM)

And to post one must re-registar for the new site...

I finally tracked down that the goals for the final two events are in fact posted on the NEW Olympic forums (at the link above). Since there was no new due date included in the post, nor was the information on where to send the entry and any specific information on how it's to be sent posted there, I went back to the OLD Olympics forums, got some of the answers, but still don't know when it's due for sure since it was delayed. Went back to the NEW forums to ask about the due date but I have to re-registar with RCT Resource before I can post a question in the Olympic's forum... Wish the Olympics Committee would straighten all this out...
+Quote Post
ObsceneJester
post Mar 8 2005, 03:50 PM
Post #8

Regular Shopper

(Edited by Spunknit) go to http://www.rctolympics.com, look at the top of the website, and see the e-mail address you are to send ALL entries to (rctolympics@gmail.com) which has been posted there for over a month.

If you want the due dates, why not click "Event Guide" on the Olympic Website, and see the updated guide with the new due dates.

As for you re-registering, we aren't even making you validate your e-mail address to re-register, which means it wont take you 5 seconds (edited by Spunknit).

I own and operate a website. It is my duties as webmaster to see to it my website prospers, and this forum swap shouldn't be as big a deal. You need to look at ancient history, go look on the old forums, want to get updates, go to the new ones. And really, you can find most of everything on the RCT Olympics website. But no, I'm not going to allow posting on the old forums because I want my new ones to grow, which means enforcing that you may only post on the new ones.

(Edited by Spunknit) because RCT*Mart and RCT2.com are built almost soley on forums, doesn't mean that's all other site's are focused on (not that there's anything wrong with that). I spent a whole week making the RCT Olympics actual website, and then 3 days getting the content set up for it and published, I didn't do it for no reason.

(Edited by Spunknit)

Also, look in those posts, it does tell you how to send them, it has since yesterday. One specifies either type the article into the e-mail or into a notepad (.txt) file, and the other one doesn't specify, which means you should follow routine and send your entries in by an attachment to an e-mail.

Finally, I'm sorry ride exchanger for not posting a link, it's http://www.rctresource.com/forums However, that link too is up on the RCT Olympics.com official site.

(Please keep your posts polite. Any issues with individual members can be discussed in a private message. Thank you. ~Spunknit)

This post has been edited by Spunknit: Mar 8 2005, 06:59 PM
+Quote Post
Wagi
post Mar 8 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Thanks so much for your friendly reply OJ! I see that indeed the events guide has now been updated. I guess us non-sensible types just like things laid out plainly and without having to search for it. You're right, I could have found almost everything on the Olympic's website. Except of course the information on the last two events. I'm glad you took the time to set me straight in such a friendly manner.

I'm not sure who is telling you how to run your website, but with your warm, friendly manner I know you'll continue to be a success, and I'm also sure there's no need for anyone to donate any kidneys anytime soon!

Again, this sensible bear thanks you for your reply!
+Quote Post
ride_exchanger
post Mar 8 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

hey OJ thanks for posting the link, but what i really was asking for was the olympics official site. i had forgotten that it was rctolympics.com. stupid me! D'OH! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banana-lol.gif)
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2007 - 04:28 PM

This site © 2004-2007 RCTmart Associates
No part of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the copyright holder(s)
RollerCoaster Tycoon is Copyright © 1999 - 2003 Atari and Chris Sawyer
Skin & buttons by MidwestBoyInLA

Support RCT*Mart TODAY!
Make a donation (in any amount) via PayPal's secure on-line payment center.