IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Advertising at RCTmart

Other RCT sites are encouraged to advertise here. In order to create a new post in this forum you must contact an administrator who will apply the Affiliate access to your permissions. RCT*Mart Affiliate sites are provided their own forum to organize their posts; other sites are welcome to post in the main forum but must still meet the following guidelines:

1. Any site advertising here should be related to RollerCoaster Tycoon 1, 2 or 3 game-play. Any site listed here must also meet the RCTmart Terms of Use (may not contain adult content, etc.)
  2. Partner sites may post links to content on their own site, but may not include the content itself in their post. Think of this as a teaser for what you're doing on your own site; don't give it all away here.
  3. All links included in the posts must resolve to an existing page on your site. Broken links will result in the post being deleted by our moderating team.
  4. We request that your site provide a similar advertising section where we can advertise RCTmart events, contests and/or promotions.
For more information contact MidwestBoyInLA and rct2nut. One of us will get back to you ASAP. Thanks!

> Community Alert, Chris Sawyer Impersonator
MidwestBoyInLA
post Aug 2 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #1

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

I just wanted to let our RCT*Mart Affiliates know of a member who has signed up here who is claiming to be Chris Sawyer. He posted in our Disney forums soliciting members to help him on an RCT3 Disney Expansion project, claiming to have contacts at Disney Imagineering backing him. (And yet, suspiciously needing members from here to help him with custom scenery, rides, and scenarios.) He also claimed to be in talks with Atari (though Frontier was the game's developer) and was waiting to hear back from them on their approval of the project. As most of you may know, or can at least understand, you don't start a project if you don't have the green-light (and the money) from the developer or distributor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I pulled the topic until I could verify his idenity as Chris Sawyer, and after several PMs (in which I requested ways to verify his identity and the legitimacy of his project - least among them the name and contact information of his publicist) he has refused to provide any means to identify him and has now resorted to threatening me if I don't reinstate his accounts and posts here. Of course he has not provided any means by which to verify his identity and continues to provide more information (unintentionally) that proves he is NOT Chris Sawyer (like a Chicago IP address, yahoo email address, lack of knowledge of how the industry really works, etc.). Given my experience in the entertainment industry, and publicity in particular, I am convinced this imposter is simply that... and not a very good one, either.

I just want other RCT sites to be aware of any members who may have signed up on their forums (username variations of "c_sawyer" and "chris_sawyer") and that he may attempt to solicit your staff and/or members to participate in his supposed project. It sounds nice on the surface, but I'm certain that this is an imposter and wanted to warn the rest of you.

Let me know if you have any questions about this or need any assistance in weeding this imposter out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2007 - 09:36 PM

This site © 2004-2007 RCTmart Associates
No part of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the copyright holder(s)
RollerCoaster Tycoon is Copyright © 1999 - 2003 Atari and Chris Sawyer
Skin & buttons by MidwestBoyInLA

Support RCT*Mart TODAY!
Make a donation (in any amount) via PayPal's secure on-line payment center.