IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Busch Gardens Tampa Bay New Attraction for 2008?
RickM
post Jan 27 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Bargain Hunter

Group: Bargain Hunter
Member No.: 173

I was at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay yesterday and I saw the Python Coaster was gone and where it was is a big construction area. It said on the park map future attraction space. I talked to one of the workers , He said that they are redoing the Congo section of the park. He could not say what was going in the contruction area. All I saw was empty ground nothing there yet. I,m hoping a new ride maybe a coaster and not an animal attraction. Has anybody know or heard what might be going there?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
Mousing
post Jan 27 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #2

Mall Rat
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 8

I have not been to BGTB in a while...but heard that Python was gone..I tried to find out what was going to replace it...but it does have a very limited space...BUT...saying that, look at the size of Shei-Kra and how they fit that in.
I dont think that Python will be missed.
I must admit that the last couple of 'new' attractions were a disappointment (not including Shei-Kra).
The wild mouse from the other park is just stuck in a corner...that would have been awsome had they built around it and made it a DARK ride.
The jeep safari thing is dull and the line takes forever...and it the bridge isnt working...its not even worth getting on.

I did hear that Shei-Kra is getting FLOORLESS cars which will be awsome.
I will be there 1st week of April...maybe sooner...so wil keep a close watch on whats going on
+Quote Post
devilman
post Jan 27 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #3

Miscellaneous Designer

Group: Shopping Dependent
Member No.: 2,236

Wikipedia -
Python, an Arrow Dynamics designed steel corkscrew roller coaster with two inversions that opened on July 1, 1976 as Florida's first inverting coaster. The ride closed forever on October 31, 2006 after more than thirty years of operation. The ride was demolished throughout November 2006, with the track being scrapped. The trains, however, are being sent to Busch Gardens Europe for use on their Loch Ness Monster roller coaster [citation needed]. It is currently unknown on what Busch is planning on building on the site where Python once stood.

Well just have to wait and see, personally Ive never been to the park. Basically Ive done Universal and Disney before, still need to try Cypress and Busch. Im trying to plan a vacation to Tampa Bay as my brother lives up there with my nephews, it would be fun to have a chance to try a new park. Plus I desperately want to ride SheiKra lol.
+Quote Post
Leonardofury
post Jan 28 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #4

RCT Architects Member
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 57

While the plans are currently unknown, I've heard that a coaster is unlikely, apparently Busch are aiming for a family ride of some type there.
+Quote Post
RickM
post Jan 28 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #5

Bargain Hunter

Group: Bargain Hunter
Member No.: 173

When I was there the Montu was closed because they were repainting it and redoing the area around it. That was dispointing because I wanted to go on it. I went on Gwazi and only one car was running causing a long line. I had to wait 30 minutes but that was not that bad because got to ride Kumba and Scorpion and Rhino Rally and Sheik-ra. It will be interesting to see whay they do with the Python space.
+Quote Post
wolfman
post Feb 5 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #6

Talk to the claw

Member No.: 2,003

From what I read in the newspapers, Python got it's corkscrews unravled after the Hallo-Scream Fest. I believe new animal exibits, shops and a food court are supposedly in the plans. I can't recall if any new rides are in on the so called "up-grade". But it's geared for the family, so, to me, that means, no big coaster.

Wait about 3 to 5 years before a new track sprouts in the Gardens. That's about how long it takes for the novelty to wear off.

ShieKra IS getting floorless cars. But not exactly entirely "new" floorless cars. Get this...

They are unbolting the seats, and swapping out the cars, then bolting the old seats on the new floorless wheelbase. Nothing else. No additional seats, no longer trains. Nothing to increase capacity.

Of course, this means they'll have to retro-fit the station to install the "pull-away" floor like Krackein has, and othe Floorless coasters have. So this is more than just swapping seats on new cars.

I don't even want to consider the different weight characteristics that the lighter, floorless cars are going to effect the final ride experience. If you rode SheiKra before it's floorless incarnation, you know what a fantastic ride it is.

We'll see how badly they screw this modification up.
+Quote Post
TheRiddler3521
post Feb 21 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #7

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 6,034

Well I wouldn't know what they plan to do with the area. Anyways I don't live in Florida but in So Cal. Still I'm planning about going to a themepark out of So Cal area.
+Quote Post
wolfman
post Feb 22 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #8

Talk to the claw

Member No.: 2,003

So, either BG finds buyers for the old wheel-base trucks, or they eat the cost. I wonder if BG will keep them for wheel parts/assemblies for the new trains?

OOH!
Sell them on E-Bay??
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2007 - 10:12 AM

This site © 2004-2007 RCTmart Associates
No part of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the copyright holder(s)
RollerCoaster Tycoon is Copyright © 1999 - 2003 Atari and Chris Sawyer
Skin & buttons by MidwestBoyInLA

Support RCT*Mart TODAY!
Make a donation (in any amount) via PayPal's secure on-line payment center.