> R.I.P Back To The Future: The Ride
USF_RULES
post Apr 1 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #1

Regular Shopper

Group: Regular Shopper
Member No.: 79

Hey Everyone!
I hate to be the one to break the news if you haven't heard yet... but as of Friday, March 30 2007 the amazing simulator ride that was based upon a great Trilogy by Steven Spielberg closed its doors forever at Universal Studios Orlando.

Back to the Future: The Ride
May 2, 1991 - March 30, 2007

Unlike the closing of the much loved Kongfrontation...BTTF had no news coverage, no special going party, nothing! It has given many rides & gave millions of people great memories of traveling in time with Doc Brown in the famous flying Delorean. Sadly it has been closed & unfortunately it seems the same fate awaits the ride at Universal Studios Hollywood as well. Just thought I'd let all of you theme park loving people know the sad news. But as Doc Brown ounce said "The Future hasn't been written yet" & "You can't keep a good scientist down!"

~CHRIS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 9)
dcornel
post Apr 2 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #2

Bargain Hunter

Group: Bargain Hunter
Member No.: 6,018

I here it's being replaced by the "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" Ride.
+Quote Post
USF_RULES
post Apr 2 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Regular Shopper

Member No.: 79

The Rumored Replacements for BTTF:

The Simpsons
Fast and the Furious
HALO
Transformers

There are only 2 of these that would actually work for that area of the park, that is the last 2 mentioned. Simpsons is not very likely (even though everyone believes the rumor), it is a Fox network show (soon to be on the big screen) Universal is owned by NBC, I doubt they'll pay the amount of money itd cost to get the rights.
Fast and the Furious is somewhat a current movie because of Tokyo Drift, but would work better as a coaster rather than a simulator. Think about it...a "drift" coaster... I say get rid of Nuetron & put F&TF there.

HALO would be great for the park & the location. It was rumored that Universal was working on a ride concept back in 2005 based on the popular videogame (soon to be movie) but that has died down a little when Universal backed out of the HALO movie due to, what else..money issues at the last minute, leaving the popular videogame movie studioless (all that could change)
Transformers is a very likely replacement because if I am correct, Steven Spielberg is attatched to that movie. Afterall it was Spielberg who created the BTTF trilogy.

as for a BTTF update... the building has been walled off by construction walls. On the walls are signs saying that the new ride will be coming in 2008! The old BTTF sign has been painted over with black paint.
+Quote Post
wolfman
post Apr 5 2007, 05:02 AM
Post #4

Talk to the claw

Group: Shopping Dependent
Member No.: 2,003

I hope it's Transformers. It's about cars that change into robots. How can you NOT go with a high-tech adventure?

As far as the closing of BTTF, well, it's getting old, it's time has come. Make way for a new adventure Doc.

Simpsons? A ride? How long did the Hanna Barbera ride last? It was an attraction that was there since the park opened, but it was one of the first attractions to bite the dust. The older Hanna Barbera characters were something that kids today just could not identify with. So it was axed.

Kong, well, that's more or less in the same boat. Parks have to update or add to their attractions, or they'll go stagnant. Loose money, and close altogether. So better get off that nostalga train.

BTTF was cool, but Spiderman blows it outta the water.
+Quote Post
Logo Man
post Apr 7 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #5

Regular Shopper

Member No.: 3,245

Thats sad...

I rode it, it did seem old, but it was vintage.
I wanted to ride KONG, but I couldn't find it...
(I guess it was closed...)

Halo?
Hmm...
Well, if you want a first person shooter simulator, that would be nice...

Fast and the Furious is somewhat a current movie because of Tokyo Drift, but would work better as a coaster rather than a simulator. Think about it...a "drift" coaster... I say get rid of Neutron & put F&TF there.

Neutron? what?...
Drift Coaster... Hmm...
*pulls out blueprint paper and starts designing*
+Quote Post
chinatown64
post Apr 7 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #6

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 4,862

Great Scott!!
I hope they replace it with HALO.
+Quote Post
devilman
post Apr 7 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #7

Miscellaneous Designer

Group: Shopping Dependent
Member No.: 2,236

Theres some other big rumors going around, and as we know Universal is getting a large budget (120 million I believe?). Of which, 100 million would go into attractions. There are many rumors, obviously some of that money would go into the BTTF replacement, but other news has talks of a Harry Potter re-theme for IOA's Lost Continent island, the long rumored Jurassic Park Jeep Tours attraction, an IOA Lagoon show, and refurbishments. After the recent numbers of visitors to the park was indicated to be behind their orlando rival disney (with IOA behind seaworld, other changes higher for Studios due to this years Holloween Horror Nights visitors possibly), its about time for some changes to give visitors a reason to come back to Universal. The only major changes Confirmed so far is that the Blue Man Group will be here this June, and theres supposed to be "something great in 2008" where BTTF used to be. Lets just hope whatever Universal does with their money, they put it to good use.
+Quote Post
Mousing
post Apr 8 2007, 11:07 AM
Post #8

Mall Rat
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 8

It is a shame to have lost Back to the Future, its an OLD ride, but a classic and ALWAYS 'had' long lines as it was so popular. Kong was certainly NO LOSS...especially by being replaced with The Mummy.

Universal certainly do need to add some more attractions in the parks tho.
+Quote Post
RickM
post May 2 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #9

Bargain Hunter

Group: Bargain Hunter
Member No.: 173

Universal annouced a new Simpson's attrraction will replace the Back to the Future rides at both Orlando and Hollywood parks in 2008.
+Quote Post
ekimmel
post May 4 2007, 05:22 AM
Post #10

RCTA Leader
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 28

I'm going in October. I hope Back to the Future is still running.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2007 - 07:02 PM

This site © 2004-2007 RCTmart Associates
No part of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the copyright holder(s)
RollerCoaster Tycoon is Copyright © 1999 - 2003 Atari and Chris Sawyer
Skin & buttons by MidwestBoyInLA

Support RCT*Mart TODAY!
Make a donation (in any amount) via PayPal's secure on-line payment center.