Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UCES Team:, Request
Luketh
post Nov 28 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #1

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 6,091

Hey UCES team... I was trying to find a place to put this, and I figure this is the best spot.

I have a... request. I'm an Admin at the Pirates of RCT Compo Forum where we, Wolfman and I, are begining to run compos. We're trying to start up multiple compos, one of which will be a "use a RCT2 scenario and make it great" style compo. We were wondering if you'd allow us to use some of the UCES scenarios for this competition.

Arrr, matey,
Luke an' Wolfman!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolfman
post Nov 28 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Pirates of RCT Captain

Group: Shopping Dependent
Member No.: 2,003

Yeah... What he said.... and to go into a bit more detail...

We would like to set up links on Pirates of RCT's Compo Forum to point to DL pages of the scenarios we feel fit in with the challenges we want to present. This would bring new and additional traffic to UCES.

To do this right, I believe that we need some sort of proof of permission, just to keep things on the up & up, (we're pirates by name, not by nature. smile.gif)... perhaps some sort of announcement posted by the admin of UCES, that vouches that Pirates of RCT has permission to use the UCES scenarios. As part of the scenarios used for the compos on the PofRCT forum, in conjunction with the scenarios we have already developed. I believe that the partnership that we forge together, will help both forums grow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HedlessChickn
post Dec 2 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #3

Window Shopper

Member No.: 3,828

Hello there.

This is just my personal opinion. I was a member of the team, and back when we were creating this we generally only used what was publicly available to begin with. I"d wait a week or two to see if there's any objection, but most of us have moved so far away from RCT2 that it is really a moot point. I do still enjoy making rides. I've even got an ollllllllld scenario saved back for a rainy day if you wouldn't mind a new contribution assuming it is in line with what you want to do now. My email addy is hedlesschickn (at) msn.com let me know what's up.

+Quote Post
wolfman
post Dec 2 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #4

Pirates of RCT Captain

QUOTE (HedlessChickn @ Dec 2 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Hello there.

This is just my personal opinion. I was a member of the team, and back when we were creating this we generally only used what was publicly available to begin with. I"d wait a week or two to see if there's any objection, but most of us have moved so far away from RCT2 that it is really a moot point. I do still enjoy making rides. I've even got an ollllllllld scenario saved back for a rainy day if you wouldn't mind a new contribution assuming it is in line with what you want to do now. My email addy is hedlesschickn (at) msn.com let me know what's up.

It's not like we're super pressed for time or anything. So waiting a few weeks is totally acceptable.

I know I would definatly hate to just take what I please, and do whatever I want with it. Because I know that this won't sit right with a few members in the community. And the next thing you know, it's turned into a consperacy with media vultures, yada yada yada. Besides that would go against my asking for proof of permission.

If this is something you wish to contribute to, with your own files, by all means, you're more than welcome to donate or participate. Also, this would be best if I had permission for use and distribute. Send files here...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spunknit
post Dec 3 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #5

Official Llama Herder!
Group Icon

Group: Store Manager

Member No.: 5

Just wanted to let you know that I am checking into this for you, so its not forgotten or ignored! Thanks for your patience!

--------------------
Spunk - Herding Llamas Since 2004!
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
MidwestBoyInLA
post Dec 3 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #6

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

Hey guys,

I think that's an interesting idea. Only thing is, I don't know where you'd point people for the individual scenario downloads. The UCES installer was designed to install the entire packet of objects, paths, rides, scenarios, etc. We've provided some individual object downloads here at RCT*Mart, but not for the scenarios themselves. I suppose one of you could download the main UCES set, break out the scenarios, then bundle them individually, assuming they'll import their custom scenery individually.

Also, would you plan to 'release' the revised scenarios as new scenarios? I think it would be a violation of the UCES terms of use if you were to repackage them as new scenarios, and I'm just the steward of the UCES project currently, so I can't speak for all the people who worked on it. We may need to discuss your plans more in-depth in order for me to better understand what you were planning to do with these from this angle.

One request I've made of anyone using the UCES project is asking for a link back to the UCES site so people can explore it more, and that way you'd be giving due credit to the original project and creators, too.

Let's just hammer out the details on the scenario re-release issue but otherwise I think this is a great idea.

--------------------

*** Download resistance is futile... at the new RCT*Mart! ***

+Quote Post
wolfman
post Dec 3 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #7

Pirates of RCT Captain

QUOTE (MidwestBoyInLA @ Dec 3 2009, 12:56 PM) *
Hey guys,

I think that's an interesting idea. Only thing is, I don't know where you'd point people for the individual scenario downloads. The UCES installer was designed to install the entire packet of objects, paths, rides, scenarios, etc. We've provided some individual object downloads here at RCT*Mart, but not for the scenarios themselves. I suppose one of you could download the main UCES set, break out the scenarios, then bundle them individually, assuming they'll import their custom scenery individually.

Also, would you plan to 'release' the revised scenarios as new scenarios? I think it would be a violation of the UCES terms of use if you were to repackage them as new scenarios, and I'm just the steward of the UCES project currently, so I can't speak for all the people who worked on it. We may need to discuss your plans more in-depth in order for me to better understand what you were planning to do with these from this angle.

One request I've made of anyone using the UCES project is asking for a link back to the UCES site so people can explore it more, and that way you'd be giving due credit to the original project and creators, too.

Let's just hammer out the details on the scenario re-release issue but otherwise I think this is a great idea.

It seems odd that you would suggest that we "repackage" the set, then in the very next breath, tell us how illegal that would be. banana-crazy.gif banana-lol.gif

I was never planning to host anything unless I had permission to do so. Even if that did come to pass, I'd insist on UCES keeping their name attatched to the gamefile, Even if I would have to spell UCES out with 1/4 tile flower gardens in the map to ensure that people knew who were the original designers. Still permission would still be needed. As I'm sure there's more than one person out there who would recognize the parks as being UCES property.

And as I had stated before, I was planning to create a link, that would point people back the the DL page. It's just a matter of figuring out where the ideal page would be to link up with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luketh
post Dec 3 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #8

Window Shopper

Member No.: 6,091

Yeah, thanks for looking into this for us, guys. The thing with pointing people back to the download page is that people might not want to download the WHOLE UCES add-on... I don't know why they wouldn't want to, but you know...

Anyways, if you guys would just give us permission to repackage and send out the scenarios in saved-game form, we'd be sure to give the original creators credit, etc, etc... and people would still be getting to have fun with UCES, as it was intended for.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
wolfman
post Dec 6 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #9

Pirates of RCT Captain

I already figured out the link I want to send others back to the Uces DL page. So all we really need is permission to use a few of the benches as compos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wolfman
post Dec 20 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #10

Pirates of RCT Captain

banana-sleep.gif
Don't everyone act on this. It's not like it's anything important.
We'll just as happy to wait a few more weeks for a response...
even though we're ready to open this compo on our forum.
banana-pompom.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st December 2013 - 09:46 AM