IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Anyone Tried This?, Remove WW & TT Stuff From Game?
Spunknit
post Sep 17 2004, 06:18 AM
Post #1

Official Llama Herder!
Group Icon

Group: Store Manager
Member No.: 5

Has anyone ever removed WW or TT stuff from the game? I just wondered if it causes any problems. I'd like to move some of the scenery to a different folder because I'm getting close to the limit!

Also, what about the coasters? Has anyone removed those without problems? Ever remove the default RCT coasters? Just curious!

Thanks in advance! :banana-fez:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nforce
post Sep 17 2004, 12:39 PM
Post #2

Do you know who I am? I don't.
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 71

Moving the coaster files won't be a problem.

Moving the coaster .dats can cause a problem. Same with the WW & TT .dat files. If you move these, and they have been used in a scenario/saved game, you might not be able to open it until you put them back in. Or, the game might just reinstall the .dat files when you try to open it.

I would suggest moving the WW & TT scenarios as well. This way you won't have the objects reinstalled if you open one of those.
+Quote Post
Blackadder
post Oct 6 2004, 02:41 PM
Post #3

Bargain Hunter

Group: Bargain Hunter
Member No.: 697

Removing any of the original object .dat files that came with RCT2 causes the game to crash on startup and forces you to reinstall; I know because I tried it. I don't have either of the expansions on my computer (I uninstalled WW two days after I bought it and placed the disk briskly in the trash, and I never bought TT) but my guess is the same thing would happen if you have the expansions installed and remove any of their .dat files. Beware!

The best solution is to uninstall the expansions completely. Fan-created scenery, parks, and rides are a thousand times better than the pathetic expansions from Atari. The UCES alone is worth ten TT and a hundred WW!

Blackadder
+Quote Post
Spunknit
post Oct 7 2004, 05:11 AM
Post #4

Official Llama Herder!
Group Icon

I agree about the UCES! It was a great expansion, with a very creative team & very fun to work on!

I was able to remove all the default RCT tracks, but when it came to the WW &TT tracks, I was unable to delete them. I looked at the properties of the files, the sneaky devils made them 'read only' files, so you can't delete them. Unless, of course, you uncheck the 'read only' box! :banana-pbbbt:

I haven't moved the objdata files yet. I need to take the time & go through all the files & see what I want to keep in the game. Sigh...there is so much, I'm not looking forward to it! :banana-crazy:
+Quote Post
Nforce
post Oct 7 2004, 09:33 AM
Post #5

Do you know who I am? I don't.
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 71

That's odd Spunky, I've always been able to delete read only files on all my computers. You must have some sort of setting checked where you aren't allowed to delete read only files. You could always just move them to another folder though.

Blackadder, it depends on which original .dat file you deleted that caused the game to crash. If it's something the game requires to start up and be able to see things, like a default object, that might be where the problem lies. But if you deleted a .dat file that is not a default or required, then you shouldn't be having this problem.
+Quote Post
Blackadder
post Oct 7 2004, 02:24 PM
Post #6

Bargain Hunter

Group: Bargain Hunter
Member No.: 697

I'm not having any problem, thanks for asking. :banana-rainbow: I was just relating what happened when I accidentally removed one of the default object .dat files from RCT2. It caused the load bar to flash repeatedly and the game to crash until the missing object was restored (by re-installing the game in my case). I'm afraid the same thing may happen if you have one of the expansions installed and remove any of the TT or WW rubbish from your object folder... but I may be wrong, so give it a try and let us know how it goes. :banana-giddy:

Blackadder Bananner
+Quote Post
Spunknit
post Oct 7 2004, 02:33 PM
Post #7

Official Llama Herder!
Group Icon

I was trying to delete the tracks using the track manager. The game told me it was a protected file & that's why I looked at the properties. I probably could have (& maybe should have! :banana-rollseyes: ) just deleted them from the folder, but I used the game to do it instead.

I will keep you posted about any troubles with the WW & TT scenery! Whenever I get around to it!
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th March 2006 - 03:27 AM

This site © 2004-2005 RCTmart Associates
No part of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the copyright holder(s)
RollerCoaster Tycoon is Copyright © 1999 - 2003 Atari and Chris Sawyer
Skin & buttons by MidwestBoyInLA

Support RCT*Mart TODAY!
Make a donation (in any amount) via PayPal's secure on-line payment center.