MidwestBoyInLA
post Oct 9 2004, 12:28 PM
Post #1

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

Hey everyone,

Lately we've been noticing quite a bit of problems with the server and the boards. Frequently the DNS servers on the Internet can't find the site, or when you go to post you get mySQL errors.

Just so you know, RCT*Mart is hosted on a shared server. That means our host has multiple accounts all on one server. So high bandwidth usage on one of the other sites on our same server will affect RCT*Mart's performance. One time another shared site was using 30% of the total server resources. When I complained they shut down the other site (MP3 downloads, I guess), but assured me that was a rare situation (which I'm starting to doubt). The host apparently is working on some new programming solutions to better handle PHP on their servers, so hopefully that will help (whenever it comes along).

I've been calling almost daily to complain about server response times, etc. But it would help me immensely if people could post here whenever they encounter significant server problems* (time outs, unable to find the site, etc.) or errors on the boards (mySQL errors, etc.). That will help me when I contact the customer support for both the host and IPB for future tech support.

Just so you know, if you ever encounter a problem where you can't get into the Mart, usually hitting Refresh or Reload on your browser will get you in, though the servers may be slow still.

Please be as detailed as you can with the problems you're encountering. Include date and time when the problems occured. Also include any error message you may be encountering. Without detailed information we can't determine if there's a pattern developing or what the solution may be.

With your help hopefully we can get this taken care of.

:banana-dazed:

*"significant server problems" does not include things like "I can't attach a file" or "where is my inbox". Just use this thread to post problems with the site or board crashing, not functioning properly, etc.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheVelvetFoxx
post Oct 9 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #2

Geeky Girl
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Designer
Member No.: 207

Hehehe...this kinda stuff is right up my alley!

Here's what I've noticed:

1 - I cannot get into the Manic Masion Final Entries topic at all. I don't even get an error message. The screen never changes once I click on the topic. I can tell the browser is try to load it but nothing else happens. I noticed this when I first logged on last night about 7 p.m. and I have not been able to get into that topic since.

2 - This afternoon around 1 p.m. I could not get the Assistant window to load. The window popped up but remained blank. Even refreshing the browser or closing it and re-entering the site did not help. Now its working fine.

3 - I have noticed a significant lag in the time it takes some forum topics to load. I'll start keeping track of which ones and when.

4 - Some images in some forum topics are not loading. This appears to be completely random though refreshing the topic doesn't get them to load. Sometimes closing the topic and re-opening it helps. Again, I'll start keeping track of the times and which topics I have problems with.

I'm on high speed cable, so my connection screams plus I don't seem to be having this problem with other sites. Hope this helps.
+Quote Post
zacpro
post Oct 10 2004, 01:21 AM
Post #3

Never forget it ...
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart 5-Star Member
Member No.: 634

Hi !
I can't open the "Zacpro's coasters" topic in the rct2 aisle. I wait a long time and then it says :" Error, the website is not responding". I had this problem with other topics too, but dont remember which, sorry.
I had this problem about 5 minutes ago, but i think i will still have it in 5 minutes....
Hope you will find the problem !!
See you !
+Quote Post
Littleun
post Oct 10 2004, 02:11 AM
Post #4

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 120

I couldn't get into to the SURBURBIA release topic the other day. I just kept timing out constantly. I was gutted because I was desperate to download it as I had read the pass around park thread and really wanted to have a go myself. After about an hour of trying I still had no luck.

Forunately I had the link to the direct download still in my history as I had been there before and changed my mind due to the enormous size of my objdata file already. So I am happy.
:banana:

I tried it again this morning and still had no joy. It is quite strange actually. There are three pages in that topic. I can access page 2 but not pages 1 or 3.

Littleun.
+Quote Post
skatepunk42
post Oct 10 2004, 11:49 AM
Post #5

Jedi Security Guard

Group: Mall Rat
Member No.: 321

Appx. 5 minutes previous to this post I got repeated 504 Connection Timed Out errors when trying to enter the structure and coaster contest final entry threads. They never did load although the Manic Mansion Final Entry thread opened for me at the same time Velvet had probs. :banana-punk:
+Quote Post
Spunknit
post Oct 10 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #6

Official Llama Herder!
Group Icon

Group: Store Manager
Member No.: 5

Everytime I try to enter our *ahem* LOTR confidential area, I get a 504 connection timed out. I just tried again at the time of this post! :banana-rollseyes:
+Quote Post
TheVelvetFoxx
post Oct 10 2004, 06:53 PM
Post #7

Geeky Girl
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Designer
Member No.: 207

Around 8:30 p.m. EST, Alichronen and I got an extremely sluggish response in the Caption Competition Topic in the games forum. It took us 30 minutes to get the first 9 pages to load and yes, we were trying to view them at the same time. Neither of us ever got page 10 to load so we gave up.
+Quote Post
OrlanDude
post Oct 11 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #8

Resident Mystic
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 73

I keep getting this error

There appears to be an error with the RCT*Mart Forums database.
(along with additional technical information)

when I try to view the Indy Jone Coaster Contest Results thread. This error happens when I log on at home (on dial-up) and at the office (on DSL) over the past few days. I was able to view the thread last week though.
+Quote Post
MidwestBoyInLA
post Oct 11 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #9

Bottoms up!
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Founder
Member No.: 3

IPB (Invision Power Boards) thinks some of the database tables may be corrupt, and they are looking into the problems we're encountering. Please continue to post problems here, but be aware that we're trying to resolve them ASAP.

Thanks, everyone!!!
+Quote Post
OrlanDude
post Oct 11 2004, 06:02 PM
Post #10

Resident Mystic
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 73

Thanks for the quick response, MBILA!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th March 2006 - 09:22 AM

This site © 2004-2005 RCTmart Associates
No part of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the copyright holder(s)
RollerCoaster Tycoon is Copyright © 1999 - 2003 Atari and Chris Sawyer
Skin & buttons by MidwestBoyInLA

Support RCT*Mart TODAY!
Make a donation (in any amount) via PayPal's secure on-line payment center.