Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Access violation, error trapper", Happens during object data check
Mr. Smith
post Jul 9 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #1

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 2,636

Whenever I start the game, it checks the new object files; then starts up normally up to the main screen. Then I go to new game, and choose one of the new scenarios, and it installs new object data, then checks the object data again, and thats when I get the error trapper message. I could use some help with this.

---- The new stuff is pretty interesting, cool

Mr. Smith
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
OrlanDude
post Jul 9 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #2

Resident Mystic
Group Icon

Group: Aisle Patrol/Moderator
Member No.: 73

That's just one of the bugs of RCT2. It usually happens any time you select a user created game or scenario that includes new objects, rides, stalls or paths.
If you re-enter the game and re-select the same scenario that you selected before, it should load properly.

And welcome to the Mart Mr. Smith. :banana-wink:

This post has been edited by OrlanDude: Jul 9 2005, 07:13 PM
+Quote Post
rct2obsessed
post Jul 10 2005, 05:22 AM
Post #3

The Original Patty Peep
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 13

And dont be discouraged if it happens the second time too. Try again... and you will be pleasantly suprised!
+Quote Post
KatnMat
post Apr 27 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Window Shopper

Member No.: 4,142

I get the same message but its when its checking the object data to load my game. I cant even get to the main page of the game! This started after I downloaded and installed some files to the objdata folder for scenery additions. How do I fix it? I cant just delete the files because I dont remember what they were named :(
+Quote Post
Rohn Starr
post Apr 27 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #5

I duzn't know nuthin'
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Designer
Member No.: 65

How many files did you add? Too many files will cause the game to 'hang' when checking objects.

As for deleting custom objects, you can take out anything that has a date that's not one of the following:

RCT2 -- 8/27/2002
WW -- 3/31/2003, 4/2/2003 or 4/7/2003
TT -- 9/19/2003

This will keep all of the objects from the game, and maybe a few custom objects too. Any other object dates would be custom objects that you can MOVE to another folder, DON'T delete them unless you know that you have them elsewhere on your PC.
+Quote Post
amycamille
post Aug 3 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #6

Window Shopper

Member No.: 3,710

Help! I downloaded and installed UCES, but for some reason, I didn't get any of the scenarios. If I go into scenario editor, I do see some new stuff that I assume came from UCES, but that's it. I even tried midwestboy's installation alternative, but when I opened the folder I created, there was nothing in it. Somebody tell me what to do. I really don't want to uninstall my game entirely, due to the number of hours I've already spent downloading other scenarios and rides.

BTW, I'm running this on WinXP, and I've got RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack. Does that make a difference?
+Quote Post
Rohn Starr
post Aug 3 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #7

I duzn't know nuthin'
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Designer
Member No.: 65

You say you created a new folder, what is its name and where did you add it?

Any scenarios that were installed should exist in your SCENARIOS folder. Unless you've been navigating to that folder while in the scenario editor, they won't show up. The scenario editor defaults to the LANDSCAPES folder to open anything. From there, you have to navigate to the other folders.
+Quote Post
FlyingPenguins
post Aug 3 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #8

Frequent Shopper
Group Icon

Group: RCT Amusement Designs -Coasters
Member No.: 2,748

I'm not really sure, but when you installed the UCES where did you point it to install to? The Triple Thrill Pack is located at a different location than the default location; it is usually at C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack.
+Quote Post
superkid916
post Aug 4 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #9

Window Shopper

Member No.: 4,721

How come when I downloaded uces i put the senarios in the senarios folder and when I go to the choose new scenario it says " unable to load file missing of invalid data" The uces pack came with no data.
+Quote Post
Jay2645
post Aug 4 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #10

Disney Theme Parks Club Leader

Group: Shopping Dependent
Member No.: 4,030

QUOTE(superkid916 @ Aug 4 2006, 02:23 PM) *

How come when I downloaded uces i put the senarios in the senarios folder and when I go to the choose new scenario it says " unable to load file missing of invalid data" The uces pack came with no data.

This happened to me. A error happend in your data folder. This is a lengthy process, depending on how much you have installed. First, backup all your files execpt your data folder. Move these to your desktop. Then uninstall RCT2, reinstall it, and put all your old files into the correct folders.

Also, make sure you are downloading files into your Objdata folder.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2007 - 12:01 PM