Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scare The Peeps
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > Partner Promos
Lady Croft
Hello,

I don`t know, if this is the right place to post the following...

I just want to tell you, that Calimero & Friends are nearly ready to release a new little Add-On for RCT2. It`s called "Scare The Peeps". Calimero has told you before in an other Section of the Board. For example the little Guy in my signature awaits you.
Take a look at the Scare The Peeps-Section on my Website for more information.

Every comment is welcome.
chadesofblur
Looks great Lady Croft! ...and a little creepy too.... banana-frankenstein.gif
Spunknit
Wow! You and your team are so talented! I can't wait for the release! banana-witch.gif banana-vampire.gif banana-ghost.gif I just love how you set the eerie mood with the story & the music on the site! It looks great!
skatepunk42
Spooky update Lady Croft. banana-ghost.gif Looks great ! Keep up the great work and I love the story.
ckstei01
apple.gif AWESOME! apple.gif

I've been watching your site since you first showed the Torture Chamber.
Glad to see you completeing an entire Bones Band.

I really appreciate the variety of your work!

I'm sure to download as soon as it's available! pickledance.gif
Tiger24
You'll get a download from me! carrot.gif banana.gif
Methusalem
Hello out there...

Finally it`s done...

IPB Image

You can download the setup-file at the Methusalem Website or at Calimero & Friends.

Enjoy this little Add-On and let us know, what you think about. Every comment ist welcome.
TheVelvetFoxx
Thanks for sharing. This is completely wonderful!!! bananalama.gif
Lord Dreamer
It looks good, the only thing i don't like is the setup. i dont want auto installs. I always want to know what dat files there are installed because i want to get them removed when i want smile.gif

for the rest it looks really good biggrin.gif
Lord Dreamer
after the setup, when trying the 3th scenario haunted house -> it busted wuth an error missing file LCRHook.

The problem also is that the setup is oké and the unistall too, but with the scenario there comes also al lot of new stuff, and you can't controle that. and the names of the files are different. for example the LOTR stuff begins with LOTR and then the rest of the file name. That is with the Calimero & Friends stuff different.

Maybe something to consider next time. when a dir is limited to a number of files. people are really organising the dat files and don;t want annything to be installed untill they know what it is .
Methusalem
QUOTE(Lord Dreamer @ Oct 22 2004, 01:36 PM)
after the setup, when trying the 3th scenario haunted house -> it busted wuth an error missing file LCRHook.

The problem also is that the setup is oké and the unistall too, but with the scenario there comes also al lot of new stuff, and you can't controle that.  and the names of the files are different.  for example the LOTR stuff begins with LOTR and then the rest of the file name.  That is with the Calimero & Friends stuff different. 

Maybe something to consider next time. when a dir is limited to a number of files. people are really organising the dat files and don;t want annything to be installed untill they know what it is .

1) Sorry for the missing file, you can download it from my website here.

2) The Scare The Peeps Objects startet with "CF", except some older files by me startet with "LC". The other files, coming with the scenarios are created by other designers, so with respect for their disclaimers, we could only use them in scenarios. You should have your problem with every scenario you start, that includes custom objects.

3) A suggestion for a solution of you problem:
I`ve had the same problem too. Than I startet to rename the *.dat-Files in the ObjDat-Folder. Don`t worry to destroy your game! It will still work fine after that!
Normaly a name of a dat-file should not have more than 8 letters. If you make objects with the Editor, you know, that you couldn`t save a name with more letters. The trick is, that the first 8-letters name of the file is also saved inside the code. So, when you for example open the explorer, and rename the "AMT1.DAT" to "Original-Files - Shops - AMT1.DAT", the game and every scenario will still work with the AMT!
So I`ve made a comlete new installation of the game and the original Add-Ons Wacky World and Time Twister and than I renamed (with an easy to use freeware tool) every file in the ObjDat-Folder by Adding "Original-" before the Name of the dat-File. Everything works fine. Than I installed the UCES and startet every scenario to get all the custom objects they have used. Now I could see every file that has been come with the UCES, because these files doesn`t start with "Original-". So I could easy rename those files by adding "UCES-". That makes it easy, to move those files into special folders and to get a complete overview of your files. And so I renamed all files I downloaded. Another example: I added to every file I downloaded from the Amazing Earl an "Amazing Earl - " and so on. And every time I use a scenario created by other fans, that include custom objects, I add the Scenario-Name to the files. That makes them easy to find, to copy and to delete.
By the way, this avoids another problem: Double File-Names! For example: The Dragon Statue from the Amazing Earl has the same file-name as the dragon-Coaster from Wacky Worlds! So, when you install a scenario, that includes AE`s Dragon (maybe one from the UCES), you kill the coaster-file!!!! Here`s the problem, because AE created the dragon long before the Add-On was released!

Just try it out and you`ll see, that this will help you!
Lord Dreamer
Thank you very much for you reply. It helps to understand why the CF pack was build this way. I agree that the problem occurs with a lot of scenario's. Maybe it was my mistake to use the setup and expected all files to be in there.

The problem is solved now, i use a clean fresh object data folder next to the used folder, and everytime i want to create a scenario i'll just copy the fresh folder and delete all the other .dat's . then i copy the files i want to use. Its a disciplinair process but i works.

We also start renaming the files ( in windows) so that it is easyer to recognise. Thx for your understanding and help.

LD.

banana-pompom.gif
BeastFan04
After I installed it, nothing happened. I clicked 'Finish' but nothing. I can't find the scenarios in RCT2 either. Has anyone else had this problem? PLEASE HELP!!!
Methusalem
QUOTE(BeastFan04 @ Oct 23 2004, 07:41 AM)
After I installed it, nothing happened. I clicked 'Finish' but nothing. I can't find the scenarios in RCT2 either. Has anyone else had this problem? PLEASE HELP!!!

Have you checked the installation-path during the setup?
Maybe the Parts of the Add-On have been copied in the wrong folder.
BeastFan04
I saved the missing file under ObjData and the setup files under Scenarios. Did I do this right?
Spunknit
Beastfan, when you are choosing the file path, you have to be sure it goes into Infogrames Interactive, not just the Infogrames folder that the setup chooses for you. This was a problem on prior CPC releases, because the European versions are only under the Infogrames folder. I just put it in the correct folder & it took care of the rest. I opened my game and....

WOW! What a set! Lady Croft aka Methusalem, your scenario DID scare me! The whole time I was looking around & seeing the scenery, I was squirming in my seat! Ugh! Those giant critters had my skin crawling! Ick! I got a chuckle out of the Bones Band & the torture chamber was very gruesome. Very nicely done!
bananarock.gif

All of the scenery is fantastic! I love your new ferris wheel too! Another awesome job from the CPC crew! Thank you for sharing your fabulous efforts!
banana-vampire.gif banana-witch.gif banana-ghost.gif
BeastFan04
Thanks Spunky but I already had it saved under 'Infogrames Interactive'. Saved under 'Scenarios' but still nothing. I'll try 'Saved Games' then I'll seek help.

P.S.
Can I call you 'Spunkmeister'?
PattiS
banana3.gif Awesome job, I don't know if I did something wrong or not, when I pull up RCT 2 it says that it is on there, but I don't see any scenarios at all.
BeastFan04
I have the same problem as PattiS. Where exactly am I supposed to save this?
PattiS
apple.gif ok, I installed it again, it is in the info/rct2, when I pull up the game, it shows that I have the add on in the main screen, I don't have any scenarios at all. I downloaded the one file that was left out, I put this in the same place as the add on, plus I checked it and it said it is a .dat file so I put it in the Objdata file. Why is it showing up as being there but there is nothing.
Spunknit
banana-frown.gif I don't understand this. I extracted it into the Info/RCT2 file, when I opened the game, it showed it was there. I found 4 scenarios, I think. The first was in the beginner section & had Lady Croft's name as creator as part of the title. I did have the error trapper on all of the scenarios, but they all opened fine after that. I hope someone has a clue to what is happening with your game. banana-shrug.gif
Methusalem
I think the problem is again the Install-Directory during the Setup.

If you didn`t chose the correct Path, you couldn`t find the files in the game.

Please take a look at the folders of your harddrive. I think you`ll find another RCT2 folder with our files. (maybe C:\Programme\Rollercoaster Tycoon 2).
Than copy the files there in the correct folders of your installation and everything should work fine.

Don`t forget, that by the first start of a scenario that includes a huge number of custom objects the program hangs up. Don`t worry about that. Just start the game again and chose the scenario a secound time and it will work fine.

I hope, it will work now for you!
Calimero
Hello All,

I try to explain some questions:

The whole set of files is about 10Mb large. So had to look for a possibility to make it downloadfriendly. And the only solution I know is using a setup. If someone knows a better way, please let me know.

Unfortunaltely there is a difference in the filestructure in the nearly every languageversion. THe installation folder is different in French, UK, US, and German. So please take a close look to the instalation path.

Some Solution I can give you, is to download the single Files out of the Database from Calimero & Friends. Unfortunately you have to register at the Board and to activate your Account. After done like this, you will find in the Header of the site a button named Database. Just click it. After that you see in the middle of the screen the Filecategories into the database.

Search for Scare the Peeps, and click on the name.
After done like this, you will get to the Listing of Scare the Peeps Files.
In this section you will find every File, even the Setup. So you can dowwnload parts of it if you like.

I hope it helps you out.

Sorry for my bad english.
BeastFan04
Well that helps! But I can only open the island scenario you guys did. Hhhhmmmmm...
PattiS
carrot.gif If mine had not installed into the right directory why would it show up when RCT 2 comes on? The same way with Wacky and Time, it shows up on the main screen as being there, but nothing.
Calimero
QUOTE(BeastFan04 @ Oct 24 2004, 07:41 AM)
Well that helps! But I can only open the island scenario you guys did. Hhhhmmmmm...

I am sorry about that, but I have no Idea why only one Szenario works. Is there an Error showed?

Unfortunatly I havend compiled the setup, so I don´t know what Freewarefire changed to put in the yellow writing at the starting page.

Please check again, if you have in your Objdatfolder files starting with CF.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.