Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I get DatMaker to work and more...
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
uru94rct
Help! How do I add an image to my scenery tab? banana-rainbow.gif banana-confused.gif
TheVelvetFoxx
Are you looking to add an object to your scenery tab or to make a tab for scenery? smile9.gif
JP
Here's some step by step instructions for ya to make a scenery tab with a picture.

Open the Dat Maker and click "FILE". The click "NEW".

A new window will come up. Choose "Scenery Group" and then "Make It!"

That will then open up a new window with the file name "TRGDAT1"

STEP 1:

Click on string block name. This is where you give your scenery group it's name. Make sure you put the same name in each box for eac different langauge.

STEP 2:

Click on "Package Dats". Find the .dat files you want in the group and drag them over to the words "Package Dats".

STEP 3:

The "Images" category is the picture you want to use for your group. The picture must be a 256 color bitmap and picture can only have the dimensions of 29 pixels tall and 26 pixels wide. You will need 2 pictures in that category; no more, no less. After you get them sized right and in the right format, Drag the pictures under the word "Images".

STEP 4:

To save, click on the disk icon. Another window will open and it waill say "Save as" at the top. Down by the bottom of this window you will see a file name which you must print in a .dat name like you do for your objects but this must start with SCG. Then you can put in 5 letters after that to identify you group dat.

Underneath that you will see "Save As Type" and in that box it will say "Template Files (*.dax)" and ".DAT Files (*.dat)" You want to save as ".DAT Files (*.dat)

Hope that helps!
TheVelvetFoxx
Silly me! I wasn't reading you question correctly.

Jampri, that is an excellent response! Bravo! banana-chuck.gif
uru94rct
Arragh! It still won't work. It doesn't let me drag-and-drop it anywhere. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.