Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rct3
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
zacpro
Hi all !
I wanted to know what computer you must have for rct3 to work on it. I want to know the computer needed for no bugs and slow game... Thanks for the answers !!! bananapeel.gif
zacpro
Hum, my comp is even very slow when i have a lot of peeps in my rct 2 park..... I think it wont work with rct 3 !!!
banana-angry.gif
ExtremeCoaster
I used to have a Windows 98 which RCT1 and RCT2 worked very well on. However, I got a new Windows XP recently because RCT3 won't work on Windows 98. If you have Windows 98 this should answer your question. banana-rainbow.gif
zacpro
I have windows XP, but my computer is very slow. My 3D card is very bad (I dont really know if i really have one !).... What proce do you must have for rct3 to work well?
I hope it will work with my comp, if else banana-crying.gif
ExtremeCoaster
I remember where I found it out, but I forgot all the requirements, but I'll look it up again and tell you the requirements. banana-rainbow.gif
zacpro
ok thanks, but i think i will have to buy a new computer.
I saw the prices and was really afraid !!!
Hope i will find a solution because rct3 seemes very cool !
bananarock.gif
Josho
I found these requirements on the Official (Atari's) website:

Processor: Pentium® III 733 MHz or compatible (Pentium® 4 1.2 GHz or compatible recommended)
RAM: 128 MB RAM; 256 MB for XP (256 MB; 384 MB for XP recommended)
Hard Drive: 600 MB free
CD-ROM Drive: 4X CD-ROM or faster (8X or faster recommended)
Video Card: Any ATI Radeon™ or GeForce™ 2 with 32MB or higher; or other video card with 32MB and hardware T&L (ATI Radeon™ 64 MB SDR or GeForce™ 2 Pro or other video card with 64 MB or more memory and hardware T&L recommended)*
Sound: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible 16-bit sound card*
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9 (included) or higher
* Indicates device should be compatible with DirectX® version 9.0b or higher.

I don't know how well computer minded you are, but given what they've specified here, it would be a bare bones, absolute minimum, If you can get a computer with processing and graphical capabilities that well exceed that, then you shouldn't have too many problems.

As far as upgrading goes, if you wanted to go down that path, I'd suggest:

A 2GHz processor
512mB DDR Ram
Fastest CD drive you can get
64mB video card

With those specs, you would have a pretty decent computer, and it should be able to run RCT 3 without much lag, or loss of frame rate.
zacpro
ok thanks a lot... but it makes me sad, because my own comp wont work with rct3.
I hope i will be able to try it with the comps of some of my friends...
See you.
Josho
In terms of price, the system I suggested should be reasonably well priced these days. It's about equivocal to what I have in my own system, and this computer was built at the start of last year.

If you shop around, you might be suprised at what sort of price you can come up with. It all depends on how well the budget extends to covering the cost of an upgrade.

I'm sorry you were out of luck with RCT 3 though. banana-crying.gif
zacpro
Idont have a lot of money to buy a new comp, and my parents dont want to give me money for that ... I think i should find a little job ! smile.gif
I have to own rct3 on my comp : this game seems really exciting !
See you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.