Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fav. Track Designer
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
BeastFan04
Who is your favorite track designer?

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF!
ekimmel
You forgot fellow RCTA member leonardofury.

I hear he makes some pretty good stuff.

banana-wink.gif

BTW, it's quite an honor to be on that list. Thanks!

bananarock.gif
SythDude
My vote went for Spunk. Although everyone on that list makes very respectable coasters. De@no's are very nice. He would be my second choice.
Lord Excelsior
Huh? I'm not on your list?... banana-confused.gif But I guess thats what I get for becoming an Xbox Live Junkie.

Anyway, I find spunky's coasters are great in the sence that she always finds some new twist to rides. (ie. the 12x12 coasters)

x250 is great in the sence that he themes his coasters very well. On top of being my greatest rival in curveball.....

And the other people you mentioned, I am not familliar with their work.

So as you see, I cannot choose one.
ekimmel
I had to abstain from voting. I like all those coaster builders for different reasons.

Spunk's have the most personality and are the most fun.
Deano makes great realistic tracks and themes them very well.

I'd say that right now Spunk and Deano are my favorites and I get a lot of inspiration from both of them. I also should mention X250 here since I would put him in the same class as Deano.

The rest on the list are good coaster builders that keep getting better. While not yet at the level of those mentioned above they do make a lot of great tracks and have a lot of fresh ideas.

Then there's leonardofury, OrlanDude, pnkfloyd, BigRobo...
Leonardofury
Thanks for the plug, ekimmel! I wouldn't rate my coasters as the best but I think the theming is pretty good. I seem to be better at theming then building the coasters. Still I suppose winning two coaster comps in a row isn't bad.
zacpro
I vote for ekimmel because i love his woodies ! Of course spunky and leonardofury are really good too, and some others (i hope i am not too bad....) Anyway, thanks for having put me on the list !
ride_exchanger
you are all excellent designers, ive perused all your forums and i voted for deano. bananarock.gif bananalama.gif
PS:
i love these dancing bananas! theyre so hilarious!
BeastFan04
For those of you whom I did NOT include in the poll (by name), I'm sorry. One reason may have been because I wasn't familiar with your work. I already voted for Spunky, designer extraordinaire!
TheVelvetFoxx
Yep, Spunky has my vote too! bananarock.gif
homsar
I voted for other because I like the coasters for what they are, I just cant pick one person becuase what if some off the others are new at coaster making and how could experts compete with new people like me?
Fossil
Spunky and I are ol' buds. Love her stuff.

Let me just throw this pic into the mix for your entertainment (from my Pixie Power Pack):

user posted image
Greywolf
This is really hard!! I had to go back to my tracks folder and see who I had downloaded the most. SPUNKNIT gets my vote but some of the others are real close. Regardless of who wins - you all are great and we appreciate your work and the fact you're willing to share it with those of us without creative genes!! banana-tank.gif
ktysmi
Tough one.

I love everything Spunk does. Her work and Fossil's work are great because they are great to look at AND affordable cash cows AND peeps just love to ride them.

But then I like to play the game more than build parks. Profit is always huge as a factor for me.

But some of the others are also wonderful EKimmel's rides are great. They tend to be a little costly, but are wonderful in contests because cost is usually not a factor there.

Some of the others mentioned both on the poll and by name are gifted. I see their coasters in parks and they make fantastic centerpiece rides.

That is why I love RCT II, It really is a great game because people can enjoy it for many, many different reasons. Since economics is a class I sometimes teach, the business simulation is my favorite part--and my favorite scenarios are the ones where you have to make a certain income from rides or concessions for that reason.

Others are so gifted. You see a landscape as an artistic medium, and you create. Some just like to make dream coasters and pretend they were real life ride designers.

You needed a button for all of the above on the poll.
ekimmel
:BUMP:

Don't forget to vote for me in this thread if you haven't voted already.

banana-lol.gif
SythDude
Lol Ekimmel. Yes. LeanardoFury should have definitely been on this list. And BeastFan. Please Check out his QQR. It's absolutely awesome! Love the QUADRUPLE RACING WOODIES! That rocks my socks off.

Leonardofury
Thanks Sythdude! Nice to see people like my work. I acutually would like to tweak my quad woodie. I eithier need to remove a train or add another set of block brakes. It annoys me how the trains wait on the last set of block brakes. Still I strive to improve, check out my RCTA release, I think its some of my best work (It was my first air powered coaster as well!). Check out RCT Maniac's release too (Both are in the completed parks as they are mini parks).
ride_exchanger
I know I already voted in this thing, but I have to give my new fellow member of RCTA props for his outstanding rides. Leonardofury does deserve to be on this list, but i still think De@no is the best.
pnkfloyd12
QUOTE (ekimmel @ Nov 11 2004, 10:15 AM)
Then there's leonardofury, OrlanDude, pnkfloyd, BigRobo...

Thanks for the comments. Leonardo said his coasters aren't the best, but his themeing is pretty good. I think I'm just the opposite, my themeing isn't the best, but my coasters are pretty good.

BTW, I think Fossil's name should be on the list too.
FunkMaestro
Steve Franks is still the king, but he only does recreations and he doesn't hang around the mart so i voted spunk.

It was a tough one...
ride_exchanger
not to toot my own horn (yeah right), but i think we need a new one of these polls with my name in the running! lol
ekimmel
I agree. I slipped below Other.
Ryan
I'm an emerging track creator! banana.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.