Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCTHQ Closed
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > Partner Promos
Freak
Just letting you all know, I've closed RCTHQ. We are merging with RCT Depot in the near future though.

Anyways, thanks for all the support given to us over the past four years.

Bye guys.
rct2nut
Wish you the best of luck with the merge. Sorry to see RCTHQ go though.
mintliqueur
Why?

Ok, ok, I've read what you've written @ the page that is now www.rcthq.com, but I think it's a really bad thing to take away one of the best and oldest sites in the community. About the staffteam having too much schoolwork, a good thing to do to keep the site alive is to just re-organize it with people who have more time on their hands. The ownership could also be transferred. I really don't like this idea at all, not just because I don't like RCT Depot, but also because RCTHQ really was a great site which deserved to be kept alive for at least four more years.

/mint
Wagi
I think you have to respect freak's wishes on this. I'm very sad to see the site close, but on the other hand I'm glad that freak has a spot to move to. Real life always has to come first. All the best to you.
Freak
Thanks, and mint, trust me, all that you recommend has been tried before. The fact is, we hardly get any staff applications when we request for them, and most of the ones we do are from people that aren't reliable, so we didn't just want to settle on who we took.

Thanks nut and Wagi, hopefully I'll see you all around. =)
MidwestBoyInLA
Freak... dude... I thought you swore RCTHQ would never close?? What happened?

Either way, good luck. You're gonna need it. wink.gif
Fossil
Unfortunately, I cannot view RCT Depot. For reasoning that escapes me, I became persona non grata over there. Guilt by association or something, I guess.
Doc
QUOTE(Fossil @ Nov 18 2004, 10:13 PM)
Unfortunately, I cannot view RCT Depot. For reasoning that escapes me, I became persona non grata over there. Guilt by association or something, I guess.

Ditto...
Nforce
But Doc, you did some of that to yourself.

Fossil, Ray has problems when he thinks that someone has crossed him even though that hasn't happened. You might see if Rohn Starr can help you find out what the problem is.
Freak
Fossil, a lot of my staff couldn't access it for a while either. They do a fireban on banned members so they can't re-register there. This can affect the wrong people at times. I'd e-mail him or contact Rohn or Lindi for help.

Doc, you weren't banned from RCT Depot for who you talk to. You were banned for going over there, making false accusations, then cussing around the boards non-stop when no one would listen to you. Trying to get yourself banned doesn't earn you pity.

MWBinLA, I don't remember saying that, but RCTHQ technically isn't closing, just merging. The fact is, life's getting hectic for me. I'm really working hard to get a full ride into a private college so my parents aren't forced to pay for it. I'd hate to put any burden on them after all they've done for me. As a result, I'm at the top of my class and need to stay there, but the only way to do that is take harder classes and do more work. This means less time for the site, and I don't think it's fair to the members and visitors to keep a dormant site up.
rct2nut
IPB Image
:::closing topic at request of topic starter via pm:::
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.