Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCT2 Patch?
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
RCTycoon14
What is the RCT2 patch for?
Josho
From the official site RCT 2 Patch

# This patch specifically addresses an issue with the game exiting to the desktop when you try to launch it, particularly immediately after the cursor on-screen briefly turns into an animated CD. If you are experiencing this problem, you should download this patch, apply it, and see if it helps.

# Note that this patch addresses NO other game play issues. If you are able to launch the game now, you do not need this update.
RCTycoon14
thanks Josho! I actually have that problem! wow.
chadesofblur
How can you have that problem? You're already playing the game. banana-confused.gif
Josho
The game only freezes on you doesn't it? It doesn't crash to desktop. The patch really only fixes a few problems with reading CD drives from memory, and I don't think it will help you too much.

It won't hurt the game putting it on I suppose.
RCTycoon14
Well it freezes and it takes FOREVER to load! RCT 1 didn't though. It froze at least 10 times today!
Josho
It most likely is to do with your system. When I first got RCT 2, it took a little while to load, now though, with my upgrade, it loads in a flash.

It's most likely a memory issue more than anything
RCTycoon14
I need to get more memory. sad.gif
SythDude
How much RAM does your computer have. Mine has 512 and it's still a lil slow. :-\
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.