Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beat the game?
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
RCTycoon14
I'm just curious, has anyone ever beat the game? I'm talking about rct2.
Josho
Beat it, as in finishing all the scenarios?

Not even close. After a while, the stupid scenarios bore me.
RCTycoon14
yeah. three years is a little long.
ktysmi
I did all except the six flags parks. I really found them boring.

But I did all the others, plus uces and just about every other scenario I could find on the net. Then I erased them all and have started over again.
SythDude
I've beat maybe two scenarios in my lifetime playing. Mostly, I just pop the game in to build a coaster or make my own park. The only reason I would play someone elses park is to admire the scenery and coaster designs. I don't care to much for goals on that game. I just like the free play. smile.gif
ktysmi
That is why I think it is such a great game--there is something for everyone.

I like the business simulation end of it. I would use the game to teach many principles in economics if I did not have to buy a disc for every student computer.

I love running my "own" business and that is why I like scenarios--you have to make so many allocation of resources decisions.

Hire adequate staffing--balance scenery with direct income production, price at the optimum level.

Great from a business standpoint.

That is also why I keep a scenario running AFTER it is completed. I never consider it "done" till it is completely out of debt and at a high level of park rating.

Others like the creative side.

This game has the best of both worlds.
RCTycoon14
I'm trying to beat it, but I'm only on beginners mode, and on the second game. I got the Triple Thrill Pack. I wish the menu was set up like RCT1, and stuff.
ride_exchanger
oh, absolutely! that is what i live for, the goals! I've beat every scenario in rct2 several times each. they're just so fun IMO. i have to admit, I do use trianers to "add" to the "fun" LOL
TheVelvetFoxx
I'm no where near beating all the scenarios - mainly because I discovered scenery making! Just like with The Sims - half the fun is building the park. I get bored just playing the scenario. I also keep playing with a scenario once I've beaten it. It's kinda fun to just experiment. banana3.gif
Neeltje
I beat most of the scenario's in RCT2 but not all. I think the majority of the scenario's is not as fun as in RCT1: they scenery is not very special, and the balancing of the options with the goals is not good. Some scenario's you beat when over half the park is still empty, and others take ages to beat (Gravity Gardens), or you need to stuff the space with coasters to meet the goal (Extreme Heights). Build your own Magic Mountain drove me mad, and I won't touch this scenario ever again. Whereas the normal Magic Mountain scenario can be beaten in a month which is ridiculous IMO.
In general I find the layout of the Six Flags parks not good, and they all have far too little restrooms.
I tried Rainbow Summit 2 or 3 times but I don't find it fun at all to play, since with the no money option all I can do is build rides the best I can, which is quite hard because of the height restriction, and then just wait for the guests to come. And since I can't advertise this takes ages and I won't have enough at the deadline. banana-angry.gif
So though in general I like playing scenario's but I prefer UCES or some other well made usercreated scenario's.
Leonardofury
I've played about half of the RCT 2 scenarios. I then gave up for the best part of the year and then entered a comp on the Atari forums and got into parkmaking. One year on and I'm reasonably good at it now
ktysmi
Uces scenarios and those make by Fossil on his own are more fun than any made by Atari.

That one you mention I won, but only by turning the lake into a floating park. I made a grid of walkways and put every boat ride and every flat that could go on water known to man. My coaster making is horrible, so I only had on up the mountain and back coaster.

In general I don't like the scenarios that don't let you modify the scenery or remove trees.

SythDude
The only scenario's I'd play are the uces ones. I sure with they'd start making some more... banana-excited.gif
Fossil
QUOTE (ktysmi @ Dec 19 2004, 07:52 PM)
Uces scenarios and those make by Fossil on his own are more fun than any made by Atari.

Thanks ktysmi and SythDude! (on behalf of all the UCES members)

I completed all the RCT2 scenarios. (I never bought the expansion packs - I was far too busy helping to make one, LOL.)

Then I studied the scenarios. I looked at the objectives, park sizes, maximum loan - that sort of thing. I compared them with some of the RCT1 scenarios. I thought about which ones were the most fun, and why. I used what I learned in building my own. banana.gif
Coasterfreak87
i can beat about one or two that is it
EQUIPTO
I haven't even tried, but I know I could if I wanted to. I really like to design my own scenarios and parks, but I love to do the monthly contests here! BTW, I have completed all the sceanrios on RCT1(like 3 times), Corkscrew Follies, and Loopy Landscapes.

bananarock.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.