Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Everybody!
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > The Greeter
Spike_Spiegel
Hello everybody, and Happy Holidays! I'm Spike, and I love RCT2 (No expansions)! With any luck at all, I'll learn how to build an efficient and beautiful park. Most (if not all) of my parks get the 'It's too crowded here' message. This is the second RCT forum that I've become a part of. I'm not sure if I can mention the name of the other forum, so I'll just say that it was an 'Ultimate' forum. Some names around here I recognize as old friends, but there are others that I don't recognize. With time, I hope to regard everybody as a friend. On that other forum, I was 'The Barfer', so big hugs to everybody!

I too love the dancing fruits. banana3.gif

rct2nut
Hello and welcome Spike!!! Of Course you can mention the other site. smile.gif We are all part of the RCT Family. If you need anything just ask.
Spike_Spiegel
Well, since you asked, I do have a question: Will RCT2 (no expansions) work using Windows XP? There's a chance that I will finally be upgrading my OS from 98SE to XP Pro sometime in the near future. I would absolutely hate to lose the ability to play RCT2. My comp isn't sophisticated enough for RCT3.

And now for something completely different:

banana-chuck.gif banana-chuck.gif banana-chuck.gif banana-chuck.gif banana-chuck.gif
rct2nut
As far as I know yes it does work in XP. I use Windows 2000 but I know people who have XP and play the game. You should have no problem.
chadesofblur
Hello Spike, and welcome!
Spike_Spiegel
Thanks. I'll wait until after the upgrade to start downloading all these wonderful things. I'm glad that files are separated between RCT2 and WW and TT. It'll make things a whole lot simpler for my stunted little brain to understand.

bannana_guitar.gif
rct2obsessed
Hey Spikey! Welcome (again)! Missed ya!

I use XP Home edition, and 2 works great on it. I am a little worried about when I finally go out and get 3. I may have to get another new computer! But I still havent decided if I really want to make that jump yet. I am still 'Obsessed' with RCT2! And honestly, I am not terribly amused by the changes made to RCT3.

banana-shake.gif
Spike_Spiegel
I use XP Home edition, and 2 works great on it. I am a little worried about when I finally go out and get 3. I may have to get another new computer!

You and me both. According to the RCT3 website, a comp has to have a 2GHz processor to properly run RCT3. Mine only has a 1GHz processor.

But I still havent decided if I really want to make that jump yet. I am still 'Obsessed' with RCT2! And honestly, I am not terribly amused by the changes made to RCT3.

Again, you and me both. I've seen the commercials, and I've watched a few coaster 'videos'. I've been told that the peep AI is a bit better. I'm sick of those little twits only using half of a double-wide path in RCT2.

Maybe I should upload one of my parks, and let people see my 'best effort'. Of course, some of the coasters and parks that I've seen on this site make me feel very inadequate.

shake.gif
JP
Welcome to RCT*Mart Spike! Enjoy yourself here!

As for making that "jump" to RCT3, if (or when) you do it, do it with caution. My computer met all (or most) of the specs. for the game and it STILL won't run. I've had to put it on my newer computer to get it to work. The problem I have is that the game won't recognize my Direct X 9 (Which is installed and working properly) or that the game thinks my disk is a copy and won't let me run the game because its copy proof.

RCT2 works fine on XP, the only issue I've had is that the XP start bar and window titles colors get a bit distorted when in the game, but that doesn't do anything to the game, nor the way it runs. It fixes itself once your not in the game window too.
Spike_Spiegel
Thanks, Jampri. I've looked all over this site, but evidently my tired old eyes are finally wearing out, because I can't find it. I'd like to upload my 'best park'. I was thinking that using a .zip file would be the quickest way, but is there a limit to how big the file can be?

Spunknit
Hiya, Spikey! Good to see you here at the RCT*Mart! Yes, you can say URCT! Most folks know that's where I came from & where Fossil found me for the UCES!

As for park files, the Mart doesn't host park files, but you can get a free site, such as Freewebs, host it there & post your link here. It usually takes a week to be able to upload a larger file on Freewebs, just FYI. We would love to see what you've done!

Hope you have fun here browsing the aisles & dodging the llama stampedes!
bananalama.gif
SythDude
Welcome to the mart Spike. I hope you have a great time here! banana.gif
Spike_Spiegel
Hope you have fun here browsing the aisles & dodging the llama stampedes!
  bananalama.gif

Thanks for the welcome, Spunknit, but since when does one llama constitute a stampede? banana-lol.gif

Thanks to you also, Sythdude, for your welcome.

As for park files, the Mart doesn't host park files, but you can get a free site, such as Freewebs, host it there & post your link here. It usually takes a week to be able to upload a larger file on Freewebs, just FYI.

Last night, I .zip'd the file (including exporting scenery). The file is 1939 KB. Is that too big?

We would love to see what you've done!

Why do I suddenly feel like a swimmer with a bloody nose, and you're all sharks circling me in the water? banana-crazy.gif

Lord Excelsior
Welcome Spike! So the Bebop has landed outside on the mart's parking lot, huh?... Great, first came the bananas, now the bounty hunters... *Sigh* Anyway, goodluck on the next bountyhead!

See you space cowboy....
TheVelvetFoxx
Welcome to the Mart Spike. Glad to have you! I have to agree with everyone as regards RCT3. I got it for Christmas and I'm terribly disappointed. The AI stinks, the game is completely uncustomizable. I'm not pleased at all. bananarock.gif
Spike_Spiegel
Welcome Spike! So the Bebop has landed outside on the mart's parking lot, huh?

For the Bebop to land on the mart's parking lot, the lot would have to be HUGE!

Anyhoo, thanks for the welcome, Lord Excelsior.

Welcome to the Mart Spike. Glad to have you!

Reminds me of some dialogue from a movie by the late great Rodney Dangerfield, but, since kiddies are everywhere nowadays, I'll refrain from typing it. Wouldn't want to get icon_banned.gif the very first month I'm here.

Anyhoo, Foxxy (do you mind if I call you Foxxy?), thanks for the welcome!

banana-smile.gif
SythDude
Dude, don't worry about your parks man. We are all here to help each other and there are members ranging from beginners, like me, to experts, like Spunkster and RNRMontux. We are all nice here and we will help you in everyway possible to be the best park maker in the land. I hope you don't run away! banana-crying.gif
Spike_Spiegel
Dude, don't worry about your parks man. We are all here to help each other and there are members ranging from beginners, like me, to experts, like Spunkster and RNRMontux. We are all nice here and we will help you in everyway possible to be the best park maker in the land.

SythDude, have you SEEN some of the awesome-looking parks around here, filled with happy peeps, amazing scenery, and wonderful coasters? I'm just a bit intimidated, that's all. banana-dazed.gif I'm getting a bit better with scenery, but I still can't custom-build a coaster to save my life.

I hope you don't run away!

I won't. It's just that I'm a bit paranoid by nature (a BIT paranoid? Who am I kidding? Who said that?!!) banana-crazy.gif

I need to get a freeweb account, get it all set up, and I'll be ready to go. I've decided to post screenshots, and give a more-or-less detailed description of what the peeps get to see and do in each section of the park. Of course, this means that I have to write said descriptions for each section, so it will take me awhile.

I promise not to chicken out, and I will post the screenshots and description as a brand-new thread (hopefully soon), and the Spike-bashing can begin! hahaha.gif fun_84.gif (I'm kidding, btw.)

If anybody shows an interest in downloading the park, I will then upload it to freewebs and post the link.

SythDude
Yes. I've SEEN some of the parks that are here. I've even downloaded them all. I love almost everyone of them. Don't be intimidated. We don't judge people here and we are kind. Besides, you should look at these parks and learn from them. You should've seen my parks from last year. Whoo they were horribe IMO but now I've become a pretty good park designer thanks to the wonderful staff and awesome creators here at the mart. So good luck in your future architecturing! banana3.gif
Spike_Spiegel
you can get a free site, such as Freewebs, host it there & post your link here.

I looked into Freewebs, but am totally confused. I don't want to build a website. I just want to be able post pics, and link to them. Am I missing something? (Wouldn't be the first time banana-confused.gif )

Spike_Spiegel
I tried to add this post last night, but for some reason, it didn't appear so I'll post it again:

Sorry for the double post, but I have another question:

This 'best park' of mine is a finished park. When I finally get things together (freewebs account set up, descriptions written, etc.), should I post the new topic in the 'Parks Under Construction' forum (and then inform a mod to move it to the 'Completed Parks' forum), OR just go ahead and post the topic in the Completed Parks' forum?

I is still banana-confused.gif about the freewebs things.

Happy New Year, everybody!

party.gif OLA.gif party.gif
rct2nut
If your park is finished you may post it in the Completed Parks section. Please be sure if it has WW or TT to put it in the correct section though smile.gif

Look forward to you park.
Spike_Spiegel
Hey, everybody! I didn't drop of the face of the Earth or anything. My hard drive with my OS died (bereft of life, it rests in peace) very early Monday morning. I'm back and I am now using Windows XP Pro as an OS. I need to check for Updates and such, so I'll post more either later on tonight or sometime tomorrow.

beerchug.gif
Spike_Spiegel
I promise not to chicken out, and I will post the screenshots and description as a brand-new thread (hopefully soon), and the Spike-bashing can begin!  (I'm kidding, btw.)

Well, the park is no more.

I uploaded the park onto the URCT Park Exchange before my comp went kaput. Now that my comp is up and running again, and I have RCT2 installed, and I've downloaded and installed the UCES (including opening each scenario), I went to URCT and downloaded my park. When I tried to open the park, the game said 'File contains invalid data'.

banana-crying.gif

I guess that I'll have to start over with the Scenario Editor, and begin again. If the kiddies weren't around, I'd sing a 4-letter word aria.

In closing, let me just say, 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!'
banana-angry.gif
ride_exchanger
First of all, welcome Spike. Secondly, I have been running RCT2 on WIN XP for 1.5 years now with no problems. 3rd, dont be intimidated by the great work here cause the people who made are nice and more than willing to help you become as good as they are. and Lastly, did the error on loading your park say "invalid data" or just "missing XXX.DAT"? Cause if you are missing scenery, write down which file it is and post your request here, I might have the file (S) you need or someone else might.
Spike_Spiegel
First of all, welcome Spike.

Thank you very much! beerchug.gif <-- It's root beer.

Secondly, I have been running RCT2 on WIN XP for 1.5 years now with no problems.

That's good to know. banana-cool.gif

3rd, dont be intimidated by the great work here cause the people who made are nice and more than willing to help you become as good as they are.

Again, that's good to know. banana-cool.gif

Lastly, did the error on loading your park say "invalid data" or just "missing XXX.DAT"? Cause if you are missing scenery, write down which file it is and post your request here, I might have the file (S) you need or someone else might.

The exact message reads: 'Unable to load file . . . File contains invalid data'. I think that I have figured out why it won't load. In the park, there are at least 2 Spunknit coasters, at least 1 Fossil coaster, Snow Cups, and the Snow covered ride that kinda looks like 'Enterprise', but it doesn't go up. It just rotates over a bump or something. I think it's called 'Alpine Bob' or something. There's also a custom-made Go-Karts track, none of which I have anymore. More's the pity. Oh, and before anyone asks, no, I don't remember the names of the coasters that I used.

It looks like I have a TON of downloading to do to get everything back.

Spike_Spiegel
For those of you who are curious about the New Park, check out the screenies in the new topic 'The Saga Begins' in the 'Parks Under Construction' in the RCT2 Aisle.

Let the Spike-Bashing begin. hahaha.gif fun_84.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.