Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spunk rules in rtc 3
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
ktysmi
Ok today I finally figured how import my 1800 rides and also found out how to put some great calliope and player piano music in the game.

First ride I loaded was Spunks 12 x12 wooden coaster. Changed the colors and the biggest surprise was the the peeps loved it. Peeps in 3 don't like to ride the rides, but the flooded to this one.

Going to try again to show her coaster--all I did was change the colors.
ktysmi
trying for screen shot again. Peeps love it. alc.gif

Sorry did not know we can't do screen shots. It is jpeg and not very big.
Spunknit
Cool! I'm glad it worked well for you in the new game! I still haven't figured out how to get my RCT2 tracks imported. When the game searched my computer, it only found my RCT1 tracks. banana-confused.gif Any ideas or hints? banana-smile.gif
ktysmi
I wonder if it found the one and quit without looking for two?

I just used the icon at the bottom of the rides listing and it said I think import rides. Then I used the glasses to search. Took it a while but had over 1800. That is a lot I guess.

Anyway, for them to show up on the click menu it takes first opening them--I am using sandbox. Once I open them after import, then you hit the save ride icon-and it saves. It doesn't say so, so I saved my first ride three times. But then when you go to the category--wooden coaster for example, 12'12 shows up.

I would just try search again--you might try moving the rct one rides folder to a floppy or disc and do one more search--sort for forcing it to find the td6 files.
TheVelvetFoxx
Where do you put the tracks that other people make for RCT3? I opened the tracks folder only to find a poopload of folders with different track designs. Does this mean that I have to know what type of track the downloaded track is so I can put it in that folder? Also, all the track files are in .ovl format. Does this mean I have to import them? ARGH!!!! Something so simple should not be this hard!!!!!
ktysmi
I think that rct 3 shared files go in coasters in an rct3 file the game creates in my documents. Somehow then the game imports those files into the main game.

I don't understand how the my documents part of it works, but supposedly that is what happens.

I am liking the game better all the time, but don't find many of its functions intuitive.

Especially for those of us used to doing things a certain way in the other two versions. banana-confused.gif
ekimmel
You can take all my coasters and dump them in the trash instead of importing them into RCT3. The physics are so different I gave up trying to find coasters of mine that actually work correctly.
ktysmi
ekimmel your coasters are great.

You can bet I will try them--not just dump them. Surely some of them will work.

My list is alphabetic, so the 12/12's are first and it will be slow opening them all in the sandlot and then saving the ones I want for 3.

RCT Mike
If you want screen shots just press F-10 on the keyboard...Then go to my documents folder and where you have the my pictures there should be an RCT3 folder...Hope this helps...Mike

Cool! I'm glad it worked well for you in the new game! I still haven't figured out how to get my RCT2 tracks imported. When the game searched my computer, it only found my RCT1 tracks.  Any ideas or hints? 

Ok Spunk this ons for you..To import you coasters just click on my documetns folder there should be an RCT3 folder click on that...Then thers a folder that says coasters..Just drop and drag your rct2 coasters into there then you have imported you rct2 coasters.Hope this will help...Mike

Spunknit
Thanks, Mike! banana-wink.gif
TheVelvetFoxx
Oh thanks Mike! This will help me as well.

Why would anyone want o have their save RCT3 stuff in My Documents as a default? I wonder if we can move that folder and no crash the game?
RCT Mike
If you want to know where to find your photos you look in the same document but look in my photos there you will see a RCT3 folder...your photos will be in there...Hope this helps also...As for making videos..you will need to download the photostory 3...Then during the game just press shift +ctrl and F--11..You should beable to make videos then...Mike
ktysmi
Thanks, I have the photos, but the forum was not letting me post them for some reason. Hope to get them on right now.
chadesofblur
We're still experiencing the same problems with attachments ktysmi. sad.gif I guess the holidays are keeping the problem fixers from fixing the problem. banana-impatient.gif
ktysmi
FYI to perhaps save others time.

So far the compact inverted 12/12 by spunk does NOT run in rtc3. It has a place where the cars can't get up the hill. I have read that 3 does not maintain true physics very well and that this is why some coasters wont work.

If others that I know are common downloads and won't work, I will post it here to save time for you folks.

12/12 woodie, looping, and giga do work for sure. I did have to reduce number of cars because the peeps on this version take an eon to get on the coaster. I also had to up the maximum waiting time because otherwise they start with the train half emptyand a ton of peeps still in line.
ekimmel
I might start releasing some of my RCT3 tracks. I've been making them mostly for fun but there seems to be a growing demand for RCT3 tracks so I might have to give a few away. I won't do anything until Patch 2 comes out just in case they change the physics on us again.
ktysmi
That would be great eKimmel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.