Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCT3 Freezing
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
Spunknit
So, how do I like RCT3 so far? Hard to tell, cause the game keeps freezing on me. To the point where the only way I can do ANYTHING on my computer is to shut it off. This is not good. I've updated all the drivers, defragged, set the game grapics to minimum, but it is still freezing. I was able to play for a few hours the first time. The a few less hours the second time. The third time I played for about an hour, then tonight, I just opened the park & it froze up. Any ideas or suggestions? Please?! Be kind, I'm a computer illiterate!
Buckeye Becky
How much RAM (memory) do you have? I had to up mine to 512MB to get it running good.
TheVelvetFoxx
I don't know what to tell you. I don't have any problems running it, though I am completely disappointed with the game.
ktysmi
Spunk did you download that first patch? If not that is where to start.

Also, there are things about the game that grow on you, but the lack of good scenery and pretty stuff makes it hard to make the parks look good. I think the design staff just wanted theming--but they did not pick a single "pretty" theme.
Spunknit
Well, I have a possible update. I did download the patch, that's where my troubles began. So I unistalled the game (thinking it would remove the patch), reinstalled it...& lo & behold, it seems to be working again. I was even able to play for a few hours last night. The patch seems to still be there. I guess that's okay. I also tried to check for my coasters again, & it found them this time! Cool! It seems to have updated a bit from the prior installation. Let's cross our fingers & toes & Dolly's ears & hope this was the ticket! I'll keep you posted!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.