Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EEW!
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
mikecoolguy
While I was messing around with teh game iin Sandbox I found out that birds eat peoples puke.
JP
That is kinda... odd, but I guess that they may do that in real life...
TheVelvetFoxx
You can't be serious!?! banana-dazed.gif
SythDude
Okay, that is just disgusting and over the line. I thought RCT3 was just going to make changes but then they do something like this? O.o

They should have spent more time improving the horrible interface rather than messing with things like this. banana-angry.gif
ktysmi
I saw a couple pretty much making out the other day when playing it. I think spooning might be the best term. I was surprised to see that in the game.
TheVelvetFoxx
ROTFL! I'm seeing more and more weird stuff too. Today I found that if you remove the first path piece - the one just inside the gate, it closes the entrance entirely. But that doesn't stop the peeps from wanting to get in. They pile up at the gate like cord wood. Once the path piece is replaced they stampede the joint!
They also walk through walls and each other. Today I set up an outdoor theater. Watching the peeps dance to the music is hysterical!
RNRMontuX
Wow guys thanks for sharing!! I'm gonna go barf now. lolol just kiddin.
That's kindof odd though, why would they even want that in a game. I guess it's funny to some people.
mikecoolguy
I think a lot of the cheats are funny. I typed in a guest name as Make Me Sick a bunch of times and the whole park was covered in vomit. Then I gave a guest the name A Hitchcock and then birds came, that's when I found out they eat the vomit. Unfortunately, they don't clean the path for you. They do fly down and eat it though, they also attack the people, but they don't scream like in RCT2.
(If anybody tries the cheat A Hitchcock, you should know it does take a couple minutes for it to work.)
TheVelvetFoxx
I hate to admit it but I am actually getting used to the silly game interface. Lots of things are still wacky though. Does anyone know if the promised patch was released today?
Neeltje
I think the guests are saying a bit funny, but also weird. Like one guy saying 'Bianca L. is the best' and so on. One actually said: "Beeeeuuuurgh" when barfing. I kind of liked the peeps in 2, but these annoy me often because they say: "I'm in a hurry", "get out of the way". For gods sake they are supposed to amuse themselves banana-dazed.gif .
Spunknit
On the other hand, I did find some humor in the game.

Try popping a balloon, while someone is holding it!

One time, I clicked on someone leaving a ride. He said "What is that white thing?" I didn't know what he meant, so I zoomed in to see what he was looking at. That's when I realized he was watching the curser! When I moved it, he moved to follow it.

Then I clicked on him, he started laughing, saying "That tickles!"

Try clicking on one of the birds flying by.

I deleted a path that had folks on it. It was hilarious! They all screamed & fell through it. It was on a hill, so they all slid down the hill screaming! I did have to find them & put them back on a path! Some said "That was scary", while the little kids said "Wheee!"
ktysmi
OK, this is funny. Take that dark track ride that has people riding in the monster hands and let it run fo a while and fill up. Then close it and take the number of cars down to about half.

It LEAVES the peeps standing on the track. When you start it back, the cars run over these people time after time.

Strange.
Spunknit
banana-giddy.gif I had that same thing happen with a cheshire cats ride. I closed it, then changed the number of cars. The folks riding were still standing there on the tracks.

Another thing I've noticed is on coasters. I've closed them down, but they won't keep running to let the next train empty out. Think maybe I'll have to pretend I'm going to do construction on it, so the train will empty. banana-confused.gif
TheVelvetFoxx
ROTFL!!! This is just goes show how little testing was done on the program before it's release. Or maybe the programmers intended for some of these things to happen.

Now I hear the patch MIGHT be out some time this week. I certainly hope it fixes some of the major boo-boos. banana_rollseyes.gif
SythDude
If I hever have some money to throw around, i might buy this game. But if not, I don't plan on saving up for this thing. dry.gif
JP
LOL Some of the bugs that you guys have mentioned are SO huge, yet they somehow 'missed' them in the testing they did of the game...
mikecoolguy
I hope the patch does come out soon.

Some of the things in the game I don't think are bugs. I think the Ghost Train and other rides like that, that leave the peeps standing on the track, is a blitch. But if you delete a coaster the peeps fall off and land ont he ground, they eventually find their way back to the path though. I don't think that is a glitch. I don't understand why the falling doesn't kill them.
TheVelvetFoxx
There are a lot of glitches in this game. I've had the priviledge of beta testing 3 major games so far and let me tell you, we gave the respective game developers heck. I'm sure they got sick and tired of us reporting all the bugs, but those are bugs the general populace never saw which made the games that much better.
ride_exchanger
When they produce and release a patch, do they also patch the game in the factory and sell newer versions of the game in the stores that include the patches? I don't know if I worded that so everyone could understand it banana-confused.gif
Josho
Yes, they do. It depends on when its done of course. Often times when you don't immediately buy the game, you'll end up getting the updated version. For example, when I bought Diablo II all those years ago (about 3 years now) I didn't get the original version, but rather version 1.05 or whatever it was then.
mikecoolguy
I alwasy wondered about that.

I've been trying to kill guests now. I tried drowning the guests but for some reason the game creators allowed them to swim in RCT3. I also tried crashing coaster cars with peeps in them and the peeps just fall out and land on the ground. I'm sure many of you have seen the Peep Bowling video, that also doesn't kill the people.
ktysmi
The other night I had a slanted path leading to a ride exit and decided to delete the ride. It dumped all the people on the slant and a bunch of them just went litterally tumbling down the incline.

I also took up some path next to a ride and a couple went under the supports and started making out. No lie.

This game is strange.
Neeltje
We tried if the peeps could swim and dropped one in a lake. But the game said this person was drowning so we rescued him. We would have expected the peep to comment or react on that because they react to other events, but he didn't.

Ktysmi, I'm not familiar with the term 'making out', do you mean this couple were kissing or something like that? If so, I think I don't really find this funny, though you could say it adds to the realism of the game.

I'm starting to get more familiar with the game, but it still costs me a lot of energy to find all the right buttons and stuff. The most difficult I still find simply to get a good view on things: I often rotate to the wrong direction or end up just viewing a hill or supports of some ride. To place shops adjacent to raised paths is difficult as well.
ktysmi
I don't think it is funny or even approriate. They were more than kissing--in this country it might be called spooning. Second time I have seen this in the came when couples wind up off the pathing.

It is funny strange not funny comical.
mikecoolguy
The people in the game do like to make out. I think the creators in teh game wanted it to be more realistic. When haven't you gone to an amusement park and seen people spooning? But there are some times when games don't have to be so realistic, this is one of them.
ktysmi
One of the booths really bothers me also. It is a very realistic I think looking Satan. I wonder why they want to scare the kiddies to death.

If I were sure that would not hurt my game somehow, I would completely delete it out of my computer.
Leonardofury
I think I'm beginning to see why the game eats up space and processor time. In a way I prefered RCT2s peeps who wandered round and bought things and that was about it. While cool I think the extra peep code will slow the game down.
ride_exchanger
making the peeps make out and do all the other things ive heard they do is definitely overkill
mikecoolguy
Yeah, it probably slows the comp down tons. Somebody already said that they put their mouse by one of the peeps and the peep thought, "what was that little white thing". I tried that and the peeps thought that, and then their head followed the mouse around. That alone must make the comp slow down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.