Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCT3 Update Patch #2
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
Rohn Starr
I just saw this over at RCT2Temple and thought I'd let you guys know about it.

In the RCT3 main menu there is a button for updates to the game. One of the moderators at Atari's forums [Nodster] suggests that you use that to get the latest update rather than download the patch over the net.

I don't know if this is because of the huge demand for the patch or not. I'll have to try using the update feature to see if it's any faster than the download/FTP.
TheVelvetFoxx
I used the update feature and it worked fine.

Unfortunately, I think the next patch, which is desparately needed, won't be out until the middle of February. banana-crying.gif
ktysmi
I have tried to use update twice and nothing install either time.
ktysmi
Never could get the auto update to update--could be site was too busy.

Someone at the depot e-mailed me the patch and I can say it makes the game much better.

Everything is not fixed, but enough of the big announces seem to be fixed to up the fun level greatly.

The low friction button lets most 2 coasters work.

I even had fun launching some of those reverse launch coasters at high speeds. With low friction they fly off the end crashing into people and rides half the park away. And in this version the peeps just stand back up, say ouch, and keep on going.
TheVelvetFoxx
Did you get patch #2? I've heard that it won't be released until February.
ekimmel
I used the updater to get patch 2 only to tell me that it couldn't find the game on my computer. I guess they couldn't be bothered to check all local hard drives instead of just c: (mine is installed on d:) or store the game's root directory in the registry so the updater could get easily. As a programmer I find that inexcusable. Especially after Patch 1 found it just fine.

I guess I'll have to uninstall it from D and reinstall it on C and then rerun the patch. Which makes me really unhappy because my D drive is a much newer and faster drive.
Leonardofury
Couldn't you just swop the drive letters over?
The_Skipper
Getting patch 2 to work is a hit or miss proposition, for sure, in my case update 2 won't install over update 1, and also won't recognize the retail version of game.

Suggest that everyone get all three update versions (1, patched 2, and retail patch 2) to keep.

I have to un-install and re-install now and use the retail patch.

These guys are a joke about making working patch files
TheVelvetFoxx
I put my RCT3 disk in the drive and used the update feature for Patch #2 and it worked fine for me so at least I am up to date. banana.gif
Junya Boy
None of these patches have fixed the problem I am having with my water. I cannot see my water. i dont know if i put water in my park or not until i see the ducks fly into it. i dont know what is wrong with this game. i think i may give up RCT3.
TheVelvetFoxx
Unfortunately, there is ALOT wrong with this game. Now they have the nerve to announce an expansion coming. Argh! banana-angry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.