Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's build the ride/scenario/park files
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > Site Suggestion Box
ktysmi
Ok, I am not a wonderful designer, but I have one or two pretty good flats, boats, and train rides--not part of the ones I did for Uces.

If everyone who posts here would find just ONE good ride, and even look through your files for one good rtc1 ride, then these forums could have a good or even great download section in no time.

I also think it would be good to build some themed rides that use just default and harry potter or default and the summer splash stuff.

That would mean someone downloading the objects could have a few helpers to get started when they use them.
erhswimming
Good idea, I would like to get some of my junk...er...rides on here but how do I get it on here? I do have a site on Freewebs but when you download stuff on there it takes FOREVER (an hour and 15 minutes for a scenario, and that's on cable internet!)
ktysmi
On those forums there is a place to upload. You put the screen shot in jpg format on the first one, then the ride file on the second.
erhswimming
Wow, that's easy! I'll get right on it! My rides aren't the best but we barely have anything in our library so maybe you all will think, "man I can do better than that kid, I'll put my rides on there to blow his away" and we'll get a bunch of good rides on here! smile.gif
rct2nut
I think it is a good idea but I dont know how many people actually use RCT1 anymore. Maybe this tread will bring them out of the woodwork. smile.gif

Leonardofury
You may get some stuff of me at some point. You'll just have to be patient.
newtycoon
I have plenty of rides
MidwestBoyInLA
Thanks for the suggestion, Ktysmi. If people have park files that are REALLY good (not trying to be mean, but we have to be conservative with our server space), let me know and we can see about uploading them. Your uploads in the forums are limited to 500kb in size, so anything over that will need to be done manually by myself or some of the other staff.

Just PM us with questions/requests.
Switch1625
So your saying for everyone to give like atleast one, or maybe more of there rides, and stick it on a downloads section?

Im up for it.
ktysmi
Zip the ride file to save space. I forgot to and they fixed it.
MidwestBoyInLA
Yes, please follow these guidelines when attaching files to posts:

1) Only use .jpg, .jpeg, .gif or .png file formats for images. PNG tends to be the smallest format that retains teh best quality, so play around with different settings to see which creates the smallest files and use that.
2) You're welcome to host images on your own site (or on Photobucket or Freewebs) and link to them from these forums using the [IMG] tags.
3) All non-image files MUST be .zipped. If you do not have a zip utility, you can download WINZIP for free at www.winzip.com.
4) At this time, we ask you NOT to upload scenarios or saved game files. This is largely due to the fact that park files can be several Megabytes large at times (and because we don't have unimited server space).

HOWEVER, if you do have a scenario/saved game that you think we should host, please contact myself or rct2nut and talk to us about it. We do have some space to host some parks and are happy to do so if their size is manageable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.