Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unable to load scenario
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
Josho
Hey everyone.

When this guy gets mad, he gets real mad banana-angry.gif I've been building my RCT Mart Structure entry in the scenario editor to make life easier when I need to add in or pull out objects. No worries there. However, when it comes time to save, I save it. Again, no worries. And yet, when i try and load the scenario into the game, it comes up and tells me about some exception error thingo (if you know it, then you know it) which tells me absolute squat, and boots me out of the game. Me mad. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Here is what I did.

Loaded the contest into the scenario editor as a landscape. I then proceeded to adding in the scenery pieces as I needed. When finished, I went through the list and deleted out everything I didn't use (to save on bandwidth when making this available). I then went through the usual process of clicking through the buttons and finishing up saving it, which didn't come up with any problems. In the actual scenario editor, there are no problems in it loading. I can load both the landscape and the scenario file, but not load the scenario so I can eventually save it as a saved game (SV6)

*sigh* Anyone??? Normally I'd sleep on it, but I have to get this file off sometime soon...
Nforce
What it sounds like to me is that when you open the scenario, the game is finding an object, or objects, that have some sort of error within the file. What you might try doing is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I know this sounds painful, but it may be the only way to correct the situation.
Neeltje
You may want to try and check what object(s) has an error.
First, check out if you have at least one item in each of these tabs: trees, bushes, fences, walls/roofs, path items, gardens.
If so, load the landscape or scenario file and deselect the selected objects is small groups at a time. You'll have to delete the corresponding items in the landscape itself before you can do that!
Go through the steps and save your scenario under a different name, and try if it will load in the game.
You may have to go through this lots of times, and even then it's not sure you'll find the problem. So it's up to you if you want to do that.
Another possibility is to try and load any earlier versions of the landscape files and work from there. And just hope it will work.
To be honest, I'm glad I'm not in your position. banana-blink.gif
JP
One thing your going to want to try is to run the DAT Checker program through your obj. dat folder. It will find problems with objects and red flag them if they're is a problem with them, and it can fix the problem to. I wish I knew where to find that program for you though. Google it, and I bet you'll find it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.