Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome back!
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > The Greeter
MidwestBoyInLA
Just a big hearty RCT*Mart welcome to our returning members and an even bigger 'Hello' to any new members who are joining.

We recently were offline for about a day while we attempted to change hosting companies. Unfortunately they told us 1/2 way through the move that our site was too big for their equipment. Since we didn't want to affect their other clients' sites by draining the server resources, we have remained with our old hosting company for the time being.

But in the meantime we upgraded the forum software and gave the Mart a makeover. We hope you like it.

So look around, be sure to say hi to one another again, and if you have any questions about the upgrade please post in our IPB 2.0 Upgrade Discussion Forum.

banana-pompom.gif
Secret Shopper
Well, well, well... someone had mentioned that you were undergoing some improvements and put a bug in my ear to come over here and check things out.

I must say that things look very good. It seems you've taken my previous quality reports to heart.

But I've still got my eye on you guys. wink.gif
ktysmi
Glad to have you back.

I almost did not make it. The new stuff would not read my cookies and this aged brain does not remember passwords.

The password send thing does not work and I was in the midst of trying to get a new registration when I finally remembered and old password I had not used in months and it worked.

Whew.

Talk about withdrawal.

Sure hope it reads this cookie because by tomorrow I will probably forget that password again.

Everything looks really good.
rct2nut
Thanks for letting us know ktysmi. We will look into the send password problem. And I know what it is like to forget passwords. Between work and here I have about 10 of them. UGH!
Matt
QUOTE(rct2nut @ Jan 24 2005, 10:51 PM)
Thanks for letting us know ktysmi. We will look into the send password problem. And I know what it is like to forget passwords. Between work and here I have about 10 of them. UGH!

Indeed, thanks for letting us know. banana-cool.gif

Between here and school, I have 2 extremely-hard-to-crack passwords. I don't use my school one much, it's a bit long and consists of all numbers. I use my other one most of the time.
SythDude
Yikes! This mart looks awesome

Seriously though Brad, this forum is one of the nicest I've ever seen. Kudos to the chef of this place. Excellent work. I can't wait to use it everyday and stuff. Yay. smile.gif
Neeltje
Welcome back all you great guys. banana-pompom.gif
The place looks really nice, just a little less 'common' with this soft pink background.
I'm very happy it's back though, I got a sort of empty feeling, not knowing what to do in my free half hours.... banana-shrug.gif who mentioned hooked? banana_rollseyes.gif
jonnyrocks
looks kinda wierd....but with most things ill guess it will grow on me!
RCTNW
Welcome back guys. The site looks great.

James
ride_exchanger
WHEW!! that was a scary couple of days. I was going through withdraw. I was getting the shakes towards the end there! LOL

And I just LOVE what you've done with the place! more functionality and the colors are reminiscent of the old yet bring in the new lol
Nforce
ktysmi, what I do is actually create a text file that contains all that information. I have so many passwords for different things that I have to know all of them just to do some of my work, let alone what I do for fun.
skyvanman
Kytsi to remember passwords i suggest makign ones taht involve combinations of differnet thigns you can remember and just trying to remember all the combinatiosn you have made. I have about 6 ones that I have for about 10 different thigns. I base most of mine off things in my room and have created a little simple php passwordizer that I use to generate random passwords for when I really need them. Anyways glad to see the mart back. I was going through withdrawal too,Ride Exchanger.
Neeltje
QUOTE(Nforce @ Jan 26 2005, 01:51 AM)
ktysmi, what I do is actually create a text file that contains all that information.  I have so many passwords for different things that I have to know all of them just to do some of my work, let alone what I do for fun.

Yes we had that too, with all kinds of passwords and numbers for bank accounts and taxes and it was great untill the comp crashes and we lost it. So keep a printed and updated version somewhere in a safe place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.