Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Park Plans
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
Phix
[NOTE: I don't know if this is in the appropriate forum, if not can one of the handy dandy moderators please move it.]

I've been planning a park for some time now, but I'm just getting to building the park now. The park takes place in 1990 in Southern Indiana (not far from Holiday World), a great location for the time as it is near Cincinnati and Louisville. The park's name: Stoney Pointe Park.

Stoney Pointe Park got its start back in 1900 as a campground. From there, it grew to be the world's largest amusement park in 1927, before starting on a decline that lasted for the next twenty years. However, in 1957, the park was saved from a terrible fate by ex-Disney Imagineer James W. Hunt. Hunt had made quite a chunk of change as lead designer for numerous Disneyland attractions, and was able to reopen the park and add four new rides.

Over the next few years the park's attendance grew back, and some great classic rides were added. In 1962, Best Western was called in and opened the park's first hotel. The next few years would once again bring some minor improvements, and the park's coaster count was four by 1969.

Again, the park continued to grow throughout the 70's, including the sale of the hotel to the park and a campground expansion (not to mention numerous rides). The eighties brought a bunch of new thrill rides, including a small area dedicated to Camelot. The park really changed in 1984 when Mount Olympus Waterpark opened, an area that would be expanded for the next few years then sit forgotten.

1986 brought an unusual coaster to the park, its 7th. An Intamin "space diver" (second of its kind to the one rotating around the Six Flags chain), it proved to be the most popular addition to the park in the past thirty years.

For our opening season, 1990, the team of Dinn & Summers has been called in to build the world's tallest and fastest wooden coaster, Prey. With a 150 foot tall lift and top speed of 70mph, it brings riders to new heights in fun at the world's "most fun amusement park," Stoney Pointe Park.

Why do I open a topic here, you may ask? Because construction has not commenced yet so I have no screenshots. Due to a snag in my QOAWP project it looks as though I'll be working on this for the time being, so I may have screenshots before you know it. However, before I get too far, I ask if any of you have the following custom objects:
-A camper/RV
-A tent
-Ski jumps
-Bleachers including corner bleachers

Let me know soon so I can continue work on this amazing park!

-Phix
TheVelvetFoxx
A) What kind of tent are you looking for?

cool.gif How big do you want the bleaches? I'm thinking several single tile objects that can be placed side by side to make a longer set.

C) I have a camper, but I'm releasing it as part of the Hillbilly Heaven series.
Phix
ANY kind of camping tent, actually. The kind of tent in this picture would work:

user posted image

As would this tent:

user posted image

The bleachers need to be peep-sized... that's about three or four rows and... 5 columns per tile. Any idea for what objects could be used? I've been playing around and can't really come up with anything cool.

When will the Hillbilly Heaven set be released? wink.gif
TheVelvetFoxx
I'm working on an "Echoes of Glory" Civil War set for sale to the 3D community which includes an "A" tent like the one you describe. I had planned on eventually converting the entire set, but I could convert that one piece fairly soon if you wish. The Hillbilly Heaven set is about 4-6 weeks away from completion - mainly because I keep thinking of things to add to it, but also because I'm trying my hand at some rides I want to release as part of the package. The bleachers wouldn't be too hard to make in 3D as they are simple objects put together.
Phix
Hmmm, that's a bit of an extended wait, I'll see if I can make a camper/RV on my own...

But yeah, if you could get me bleachers and a tent I would love you like a son. banana-grin.gif
TheVelvetFoxx
ROTFL! Let em see what I can do. I do have one model I need to convert for someone else first. What kind of timetable are you looking at? Just need to know how much time I've got.
Phix
My current list of goals goes in this order:
-Work, life, family, and friends
-Wild Water Adventure addon pack
-Survivor and Intersite Competition
-A small RCT:LL 50x50 I'm working on
-Stoney Pointe Park (this one)
-Another pack full of great new scenery!

So yeah, I won't need them until probably April. banana-lol.gif

TheVelvetFoxx I am your father. banana-ninja.gif
TheVelvetFoxx
ROTFL! That is more than enough time. I was thinking in the next couple of weeks. Will that work?
JP
I'll try my hands at a ski jump. I live about 30 minutes from Park City, so I have a pretty good idea what they look like. Just to make sure though, what kind of ski jump are you talking about? Like the full fledged Olympic sized jump, or the smaller kind that the skiers do all sorts of tricks on?
skyvanman
I have seem some things like the tents you are looking for but I can't remember where exactly.
Phix
Wow guys, thanks for all the help!

And yeah, Foxx, that's fine. :-D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.