Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCT3: Soaked!
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
Viper em
Here we go guys! It offical waterpark time

Coming June 2005

Get ready for an entirely new RollerCoaster Tycoon® experience… it’s wet, wild and totally soaked! For the first time, run your own water park — and ride all the rides — with this expansion to the smash hit RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3. Celebrate summer as hundreds of peeps (that’s RollerCoaster Tycoon talk for “guests”) catch rays and waves with an amazing lineup of super-splash flume rides, massive water slides, aquatic shows, beaches and more. Blast peeps with water cannons, build them outrageous coasters, and wow ‘em with laser light water shows! Get drenched with this splashy summertime addition to one of the biggest games of the year.
  Features:
Ride the Waves! – just like riding the rides in the original RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
Create wildlife spectaculars with performing dolphins, killer whale shows, and customizable aquariums
Splash, swirl, and “stir up” your peeps with incredible interactive water
Select more than 50 new rides and coasters for your water park:
New coaster tracks, including a rollersoaker and a giant flume
Sixteen new coaster cars
Water slides and water rides
Add hundreds of new park enhancements with the Swimming Pool Designer and Waterfall Designer:
Shimmering pools, with multiple levels and walkways
Waterfalls, diving boards and interconnected flumes
Jacuzzis, sun loungers… even changing facilities
Design dazzling laser light water shows — and synch them to music — with the H2O MixMaster

System Specs:
Requires RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 to play

Processor: Pentium® III 733 MHz or compatible (Pentium® 4 1.2 GHz or compatible recommended)
RAM: 128 MB RAM; 256 MB for XP (256 MB; 384 MB for XP recommended)
Hard Drive: 600 MB free
CD-ROM Drive: 4X CD-ROM or faster (8X or faster recommended)
Video Card: Any ATI Radeon™ or GeForce™ 2 with 32MB or higher; or other video card with 32MB and hardware T&L (ATI Radeon™ 64 MB SDR or GeForce™ 2 Pro or other video card with 64 MB or more memory and hardware T&L recommended)*
Sound: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible 16-bit sound card*
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9 (included) or higher

* Indicates device should be compatible with DirectX® version 9.0b or higher.

Don't Believe me?
http://www.atari.com/us/games/rct_3_soaked/pc

Viper
P.S. Excuse me if its not in the correct forum
mikecoolguy
WOW! That sounds like fun! I'm really looking forward to that.

Mike cool.gif
TheVelvetFoxx
That sounds a lot like a cross between Zoo Tycoon and The Sims. I hope they have all the bugs worked out by then.
rct2nut
Well i guess they decided not to go with Cape Typhoon.
rlindsey
Waterslides, finally, YES!

Must save enough pennies to buy now.
RCT Mike
I gotta see some photos first...I do like the sound of the Lazers... banana-pompom.gif
pnkfloyd12
QUOTE(rct2nut @ Feb 4 2005, 12:38 AM)
Well i guess they decided not to go with Cape Typhoon.

If it wasn't for the tsunami that hit back at Christmas time, I bet they would've kept the Cape Typhoon name.
ekimmel
Good thing they were using programmers to create expansion packs instead of fixing bugs. Now we can have bug-filled water rides alongside our bug-filled roller coasters in our bug-filled parks.

Hooray.
mikecoolguy
LOL

I think they'll work out the bugs. Hopefully they'll get more patches out by then though. In the picture, if you look in the center of the pool there is a whirlpool. Hopefully that isn't one of the bugs.

Mike cool.gif
RCT Guru

Yah. I heard of a cetain car that change it's name from tsunami . . . But anyway woot! Lazer light shows, waterfalls, pools . . . . banana-giddy.gif banana-excited.gif banana-giddy.gif
Viper em
Fro mwhat i heard it might be still Cape Typhoon.. Kinda like CapeTyphoon/Soaked (like Corkscrew/follies)
Leonardofury
Hopefuuly we will acutally get 50 new rides this time (as they specify new cars elsewhere). I may get it, I just can't justify spending £20 extra on a game I don't play that much.
mintliqueur
QUOTE(Viper em @ Feb 5 2005, 01:14 AM)
Fro mwhat i heard it might be still Cape Typhoon.. Kinda like CapeTyphoon/Soaked (like Corkscrew/follies)

It was actually Corkscrew Follies/Added Attractions wink.gif .

Back on topic, I think it's way to early to release an expansionpack for RCT3 in June. IMO, they should wait until October. Like with the old RCT1 expansions. It will be interesting to see more of this new expansionpack though.

banana-smile.gif /mint
Viper em
lol, hey i was close! laugh.gif

It looks great in my eyes, but we'll see when it comes out smile.gif
g-w-r
this looks great! i wonder when screens will be reliesed. by the way is there any patches for rct3?
Leonardofury
Yeah, just click update on RCT3 when you are connected to the net or search for patches 1 and 2. The new rides look good, no shoddy, stupid rethemes but new rides like the Halfpipe Coaster and the Booster Bike. I've seen a Gyroswing in Screenshots too and the waterfall looks superb.

I think there's some pics here
ride_exchanger
Did anyone notice that single rail coaster seems to be missing its supports? its floating in mid air! is that the new "anti-gravity" coaster? LOL

The river rapids are sooo much wider in this pic, but then they are normal in this one. Whats up with that?

and check out this pic. the camera angle is under water!!!
ekimmel
Looks pretty but we'll see if they fix the fundamental game play issues as well. I don't care how many good looking rides they have in the game if the game itself still stinks.
rct2nut
Pics can also be found here:

RCT3:Soaked screens
Leonardofury
I've heard ruomour they are woking on ways to try and get the game to run better by tightning up code, graphics and so forth. We can but hope.
Viper em
They are sending surveys out in your email, i got one and took it, ask's what you want to see in the later expansions... replyed to my honesty...
ktysmi
Wish they would ask me.

I want to be able to make an oceanfront park, I want the abstract themeing, I want to be able to get rid of the IA that worried about groups as an option, and I want them to allow scenery imports. I also want to be able to mix theming groups without the peeps going ballistic.

If they will also fix the game mechanics that would be enough for me without any new rides.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.