Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! I dug myself into a hole! :(
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
shewolf
Well, I got cought up in designing, but now im 80k in the hole and I can seem to pay back the loan. I have 1400 peeps but that dont seem to help much. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rohn Starr
One thing you could try is raising prices to the level that doesn't cause the peeps to complain too much. Other than that, your only option within your current saved game, without trainers, would be to start demolishing things that return money to you.

Another option would be to go into the scenario editor and load the landscape for your saved game. This will keep all the designing you've already done, but not keep any of the rides/attractions you've already placed. Just make sure that you save those from the game.
Neeltje
If you happen to have pay for park entry, then close the park and the rides. Keep the shops open for a while since the peeps tend to buy more if they have no rides to ride. Wait untill most guests have left the park. See if you can get rid of most staff during this time.
If you open the park again the guests will come in at high speed thus bringing you cash. If your tickets cost as much as the poorest peeps carry with them, and build no cash machines, guests will leave soon after they came in and thus make room for new peeps paying entry tickets.
ktysmi
To add to the pay for entry theme, I put no entry signs up at the entrance so guests dont go back and start manually moving them into the area. They leave pretty fast on their own and it takes care of stragglers.

If you have any loan left at all and are willing to use a cheat, go to a flat space. Use the flat base from mechanical or some othe generic one, and build a platform and place a ride on it--it will eat up the blocks and pay you more cash than the blocks originally cost. It might be worth taking up a ride to have the cash to do this. Do it repeatedly and you will get back in the plus side.

Use the spiral slide is space is limited--you can stack about ten of the squares and it will take them all away. Use enterprise if you have ample flat space.

It is a cheat, but it will get the cash back for you fairly quickly.
SythDude
If you have the peeps paying for rides then you could jack the price up to excitement rating. (i.e. 9.83 (Very High) $9.80) This way they won't say no yet you'll rake in some money. I would suggest using all of above advice. smile.gif
skyvanman
One thing that you can easily do is raise the prices fo umbrellas to about 10 bucks (I have found they sitll buy them) and make it so that they are like 9 bucks toward the entrance. That way you will bring them towards the exit. Also try raising the map prices and on ride photos.
Leonardofury
I'd recommend the Block Cheat. When used with the enterprise you should get £23,000 a time.
ride_exchanger
QUOTE(Leonardofury @ Feb 8 2005, 01:24 PM)
I'd recommend the Block Cheat. When used with the enterprise you should get £23,000 a time.

thats alot of money, but whats the block cheat. ive never heard of it
pnkfloyd12
The way the block cheat works is this, build a 4x4 square of base blocks, then build it up about 10 high. Then build a ride like the enterprise inside the base blocks. You will actually get money when you place the ride. Then you can demolish the ride and get a little more back.

This will work as long as you have some money (cash or loan) to place all the base blocks. If you've maxed out the loan and you're in the red, you'll have to find another way (as others mentioned above).
shewolf
Thanks for all the advice. I'm finally able to pay back the loan now ....LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.