Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you still play RCT1?
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
MidwestBoyInLA
I was just curious how many other people out there still play the original RCT1. I have to admit I personally haven't touched the game in ages. unsure.gif
Tonks
I found my old RCT1 disk the other day and installed it.
Played for about 20 minutes and uninstalled it. mellow.gif

I like my RCT2 a lot better banana.gif
Spunknit
I still have it installed on the puter, but I haven't opened it in months. I find it frustrating cause things operate differently from RCT2. Such as tree removal. It still has a special place in my heart, though. wub.gif
Wagi
I do play, but not as often as I wish I could. Sometimes it nice to try some ideas for rct2 on rct1 first...the first game I think really challenged you to think of ways to design something...basicly with NOTHING! It's a good way to sometimes clear your head and remember how it is to use your imagination without resorting to a lot of objects, and I just think that really helps your rct2 play and creativity.
NobleEagle
I haven't touched it in ages either. shake.gif
rct2obsessed
I never installed it on this computer. Actually, my husband had to buy me a new computer when RCT2 came out because it wouldnt work on the old one. Does that tell anyone that my name is a pretty good one for me? tongue.gif

Anyway, I was actually thinking of trying to play 1 last weekend, which is still installed on the old computer. We recently moved, and I went in search of the old cpu. I found it under the tarp in the backyard with stuff that my husband thought would be ok to store OUTSIDE living a mile from the ocean! wacko.gif Rest in peace, RCT1!!!!
Lord Excelsior
My library has RCT1 on its computers. But once rct2 came out, I droped it like a hot pa'tater
JP
I uninstalled RCT1 about 3 months ago, because I hadn't played it at all since RCT2 came out.
RNRMontuX
I don't. If I had time. I might start up again. huh.gif
rct2nut
i havent played it since RCT2 came out.
AustinPowers
I still have it installed to look at parks that others make. Since RCT2 came out, I haven't played it at all. I was never very good at RCT1 anyway....
RCT Mike
I dont play it at all but its still on my computer...Might have to remove it when RCT3 comes out... dry.gif
Mervinh
I play it everytime i go to my friends house cos her computer can't handle RCT2.
I just can't seem to get the hang of it anymore, i'm always looking for buttons that aren't there CoquaiN.jpg

Merv.
Leonardofury
I don't play it anymore. It isn't even installed. Mind I'm impressed with what people can still do with it. Ever since I've got RCT2 I've not played anything else. Being unable to stack scenary is really annoying.
mandieos
I never play RCT1 anymore. I've let my younger nephews have it. It's not as fun as RCT2, and by no means as customizable. I don't know how I survived! ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Matt
My brother owns it. I've played it a time or too, but RCT2 is so much better, so I never use it.
chadesofblur
No...not anymore. It was fun for awhile, but I am spoiled by the scenario editor in RCT2. And the fact that you can see your coasters to know what they look like before you put them in. RCT1 I think you could only preview some of them.... dry.gif
gp-net
I use it just for some older parks, but I think, that Parkbuilders has a invest a lot more of fantasy to build their parks without the option to have custom objects.

BTW: I have asked Dr. J for that, but I didn't get an aswer: If it was possible to made an Object-Editor for RCT1/LL we could convert all RCT2-objects into the RCT1-format. Together with the Drexler-Patch we do not have this stupid limitations for objects. But i think, that wasn't possible.

TheVelvetFoxx
I play it, but only once it a great while. I occassionally like the old stuff. That's why I still have a dedicated DOS machine. Every now and again I just like playing my old DOS games - you know - the ones that simple refuse to run under windows.
citytrader
I actually have imported some old workbenches and saved games into the Scenario Editor, and played around with creating new scenarios out of them by swapping objects, etc.

There were some pretty elaborate games out there during the heyday of RCT1, and it is fun to try and convert them to RCT2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.