Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb question...but worth a shot...
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
Wagi
Okay, I don't think I've seen the answer to this one, so I'll ask it:

If you have the RCT2 Triple-thrill pack installed can you then install just rct2 also? Or will the game read the Triple-Thrill pack as the game already being installed?

I know you can have two copies of the game by moving one to a different directory, but I noticed that in my Atari folder there is TripleThrill, RCT3 and RCT3 Demo...which made me wonder if Triple Thrill is different enough to allow just plain rct2 to be installed also just as the RCT3Demo was different from the actual RCT3 final game...anyone try this yet?
rct2nut
I would be interested to know this too, because my neice got the Triple Thrill pack. If this isnt possible those people cant download to many objects.
Leonardofury
I don't know. It should work if it was installed in a called say RCT2 on installation. You should hopefully then have two versions of rct2 one standard one TT and WW enabled.
ride_exchanger
Well I have the 3 seperately, RCT2, WW and TT. When I install them, they goto C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 so based on what you said, Wagi, I would think its possible.
Wagi
Okay folks...here's the results:

As ride-exchanger pointed out, if you have RCT2 and added the expansions they would all be located in C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2...

The new Triple Thrill pack goes in C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon Triple Thrill Pack...

I had already traded out my Objidata folder used for the TripleThrill Pack with the one I was using previously with just RCT2 plus the expansions...I currently have 5445 objects. The only glitch is that you can't move the scroll arrow down by using your cursor, you have to either press down on either the 'up or down arrows'...or or left click on the scroll bar and move it the opposite direction from the way you want to scroll through the list. I know that sounds confusing...suffice it to say it's a very small glitch.

I now first un-installed any old Infrograme RCT2 files, then installed just rct2...since it's in a different folder (Infrogrames rather than Atari), I do indeed have two seperate games installed!

Now I can easily download all the LOTR items!!! banana-pompom.gif
yellowrose
Awesome news Wagi. I thought both wouldn't work so uninstalled RCT 2 when I bought Triple Thrill so now I guess I can reinstall it. banana-chuck.gif
Wagi
The best part is that I've had people ask for parks that don't require the expansions...finally I can start one withot worrying about installing/uninstalling things!
Wagi
I think I spoke too soon...when I changed disc to Triple Thrill Pack to work on my WW/TT park I found the game when it started went to the Infromgrame folder instead of the Atari folder!

This doesn't look like this will work easily...
pnkfloyd12
Wagi, if you have the No-CD crack, you can put a copy of it in both folders with separate icons on the desktop for each one. You might be able to get it work that way.
Wagi
Thanks pnkfloyd12, I might try that. I actually had two icons...one for Triple Thrill and one for RCT2. Even though I selected the Triple Thrill it still loaded the original RCT2 file. I also tried opening the game by inserting the disc and not from the icon...same result. I'll keep trying it!
Rohn Starr
Part of your problem might be the registry. You may have to actually make a couple of changes in there to create two separate entries; one for Triple Thrill and the other for RCT2.
pnkfloyd12
Wagi, did you ever figure out how to get it to work?
Wagi
Not yet...I've been busy doing a couple other things and I admit I haven't taken the time to try to move things around to see if it will work. Since I'm actually a big techno-n00b, I tend to be really cautious when messing around with files and stuff...start mentioning registry's and files and my eyes start to glaze over really fast...

I'm going to sit down and try it again soon, I'll let you know what the results are (that's assuming I'll still be able to get on-line after I'm done...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.