Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RideDB
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
joshiejack
Hey People, I was just wondering if any of you somehow could help out a site in need, info is below

With the closing/transfer of ownership of RCT Files I have made a new website. This new site will be one of the largest that I have ever seen and will require a lot of effort. What is the name of this site you ask? Ride DB (DataBase) of course. Not only will the site have information on every roller coaster of every country, it will include every ride from every country in the world.

With that being said....there is no doubt that I will need a lot of help not only in the creation of some of the scripts, but with the addition of information to the site. I have the main pages down (like contact, etc.) and you can view the site so far at http://www.ridedb.com . So what I would like from the RCT Space community is...
1) Overall comments/feedback about the site layout.
2) Ideas for forums sections (other than Site News, Park News, and guess the coaster)
3) Staff, lot's and lots of staff. I want to be up to my ears in staff. Positions below:
- I will need about 5 forum moderators. You know what they do.
- I will need no less than 10 people that will add ride information content using my custom cms.
- I will need photographers, many. As many as I can get. Your job will be to take pictures or find pictures on the internet of the coaster/ride and add them to the db using a image uploader and cms that i will make.

Now, what about all you RCT lovers? What staff positions do you think I have for you? Well, coming from being the webmaster of a RCT fan site there is no doubt that I have found ways to integrate RCT into the site. So staff positions for RCT masters will be....
1) Roller coaster/track ride recreators (RCT1-3 AND No Limits). You're job will be to recreate every roller coaster/track ride in the database to allow ppl to download it for either RCT or No Limits. If you are making the coaster in RCT3 also include scenery that is near the coaster. Include it all in a workbench that can be downloaded by users of the site.
2) Video makers (Coasters only - using RCT3 and No Limits). These people will download the roller coasters made from the people above and capture them on film (using a video screen capture program of your choice). These films must be 320 x 240 and must include the name of the coaster along with the name of the park in which it resides. I need vidos from No Limits and RCT3.
3) Lastly I'm going to need flat ride video makers. You job is easy. You must create a small workbench (like 30 X 30) and film one cycle of a flat ride so that ppl can watch it and get a sense of what riding the flat ride is like. You will include the title of the ride and the park it resides. Also try to get the colors of the ride correct.

As you can see this is a big project. Please comment and if you would like to sign up as a staff member please use the following contact form:
http://www.ridedb.com/contact.php

the person is just trying to make a site like RCDB, but with all the rides aswell, it is a big project and requires lots of help, if you could also gather many other people to help, than he would be greatful. He needs all the help he can get, notify everyone you know.
chadesofblur
Topic moved to proper location.
joshiejack
UPDATE: All moderator positions are filled

AMT is currently searching for talented members to recreate coasters, to take photo's, to take video's of the coaster recreations and to take videos of flat rides. Coaster recreations in all 3 RCT's I think and No limits.
joshiejack
UPDATE:

QUOTE("AMT")
I have completed the database scripts (mostly) and I'm pleased to announce that all staff members that are part of the "Add Ride" team can begin to add content to the db.  However, the search page is not running and you will not be able to add pictures yet.  Do not worry, these features will be coming soon.  Here are some notes about adding/editing rides to the db:

1. Check to see if the ride type that you need for the ride you are adding is listed BEFORE you add a ride.  If it isn't click the Add Ride Type link on the staff homepage.
  2. If you click any of the "Add One" links when editing a ride or adding one it will take you to a new page.  It will not remember the information you entered in the form, so please do the above note.
  3. PLEASE do not delete any rides unless you ask me first.  You can edit the ride instead.
  4. There is still one field I haven't added yet and that is the status field.  Please be patient it will be added shortly.
  5. Please try to enter some history.
  6. When you are typing the description, include information how the coaster trains are set (how many trains, cars, seats, rows, etc).  Here is an example.
  7. Please include how high a person has to be to ride the ride in the description. \
  8. If you are adding a coaster please try to walk the reader throught the ride (tell what elements they encounter...etc).
  9. Remember to read all the info at the top of each add / edit / delete page.
  10. If you don't have information on something that leave the field blank or as it is.
  11. Also this is RIDE Database so please try not to stick with adding coasters.

Enjoy! If you wish to become part of the "Add Ride" team (and you are a part of the staff) please PM me.  Click Here to enter the staff area.
chadesofblur
I'm confused why you're posting this here joshiejack, isn't it information for the staff of your site? banana-confused.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.