Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The First Breakthroughs?
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
Wagi
Today jonwil announced over at the rct2.com forums that he was able study the ovl file codes used in RCT3, and changed the texture on an object. The thread is HERE. Take a moment to check out the images posted by dagsmatt...

While this might not seem like much, a mere baby step perhaps, but it represents a huge first step towards the possibility of changing the skins on in-game objects, and perhaps down the line adding user-created objects to RCT3.

Once again it seems to me that members of the community are the ones who have done the work to improve the game.

Hat's off to jonwil!
ride_exchanger
this is wonderful news! Atari can now get their hopes up of getting some of my money! banana-lol.gif
Leonardofury
Yep, I do think its a little worrying that one person in their spare time found a way to do what a whole team of programmers being paid to code couldn't. Admittedly they probably had other priorities but still.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.