Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Error Trapper
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
Ryan
I just recently reinstalled RCT 2 and WW and deleted nearly everything except for a few objects.

I made a new scenario for my park, but I cannot open it due to an error trapper.

I tried making another scenario with only original RCT 2, but I still cannot open it due to an error trapper.

Perhaps one of the objects in my objdata folder is causing this? And if it is, how can I find it?
yellowrose
I had a similar problem with the error trapper notification.

After the reinstall did you install the RCT2 patch ??? Try installing the patch. After I installed the patch it fixed the notification for me hopefully it will for you as well.
Ryan
After the reinstall did you install the RCT2 patch ??? Try installing the patch. After I installed the patch it fixed the notification for me hopefully it will for you as well.

What patch?
TheVelvetFoxx
I believe the patch yellowrose is referring to is the RCT2 patch available at Atari's official RCT2 website.

I believe the rror trapper message can also be caused if you don't have at least one of each of the default scenery tabs selected. Try doing a search on this site for "error trapper" and you should find the threads where this was discussed. Those threads may provide you with additional help.

Good luck.
Ryan
I found the patch and downloaded it.

I reinstalled RCT 2 after clearing out the everything and I installed the patch.

I tried to run a ingame scenario, but I couldn't due to an error trapper. Nothing works.
TheVelvetFoxx
Oh dear. I'm stumped then.
Ryan
I uninstalled RCT 2. I've removed absolutely everything from the RCT 2 folder and anything related to RCT 2 but not located in the folder such as trainers. I reinstalled RCT 2 and tried to do anything from an ingame scenario to a tutorial, but I was stopped by an error trapper. I installed the official RCT 2 patch and tried running it again, but still with no results.

I'm quitting RCT 2 until I get a new computer, which will be far away in the distant future. Ever since I downloaded a NE park it has not been working, even with only stock parts.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but I tried a back-up copy of RCT 2 that I made once I got the game and it still gave me an error trapper.
ride_exchanger
I dont get it.
If you uninstall everything, and even delete the infogrames folder, then you litterally have nothing left on your computer that could be causing a problem.

At that point the only culprit left is the RCT2 disc. Once you re-install the game, all the files/folders/data is from the CD and only from the CD. There's nothing else to blame.
skyvanman
Have you been able to fix this yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.