Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCT2 rides "maximum length"
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
RCTycoon14
What is the maximum length of a rollercoaster for RCT2 before the guest want to get off?
skyvanman
Well there isnt a lenght it all depends on the actual time taken. It is totally dependent. I have seen people make rides that are over 25,000ft though and I think they can be made much larger, not sure peeps would want to ride it though. I just use trial and error if I think it might be a little too long.
ride_exchanger
itsnot based on ride length, it based on ride time.

as a general rule of thumb, dont let your ride time go over 3 minutes
pnkfloyd12
Skyvanman is right. It's the amount of time on a ride that determines if they want to get off, not the length. I believe the time is around 5-6 minutes though.
RCTycoon14
sorry. I meant ride time, but I was wanting to go play my game, but had that question on my mind. Thanks for the help though. I want to make a ride 4 min! (It's not going to happen.) biggrin.gif
ekimmel
I think it's exactly 5 minutes. After that they start to complain.
justacoasterfan
Just to add to what has already been stated. The ride time for coasters is also a lot different than the ride time for other tracked rides such as log flume and splash boats. As the movement of the ride is at a much more leisurely pace, ride times will be quite long for these types of rides. The guests don't usually mind the ride time ON the ride, but rather, the queue time waiting for it. This is true for any ride really. You DON'T want to have people saying "I've been waiting in line for ____________ forever (or whatever it is they say, can't remember specifically as I try to avoid it banana-grin.gif )"

General rule of thumb, longer the ride, the shorter the queue line should be if you don't want angry peeps. This is also a good thing to remeber if you are playing a scenario where your only source of income is ride tickets and concessions. You may have a killer ride built that everyone wants to take a crack at, but you're not making any money if they are just standing in a queue line for it, even if that line has 250 people in it.

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. Happy coaster building banana-smile2.gif

JCF
Spunknit
QUOTE(justacoasterfan @ Mar 23 2005, 11:50 AM)
Just to add to what has already been stated. The ride time for coasters is also a lot different than the ride time for other tracked rides such as log flume and splash boats. As the movement of the ride is at a much more leisurely pace, ride times will be quite long for these types of rides. The guests don't usually mind the ride time ON the ride, but rather, the queue time waiting for it. This is true for any ride really. You DON'T want to have people saying "I've been waiting in line for ____________ forever (or whatever it is they say, can't remember specifically as I try to avoid it  banana-grin.gif )"

Actually, I have seen them complain they want to get off a ride because it is too long. For example, a log flume or a car ride. Longer is not always better!
ride_exchanger
^ exactly. a log flume over like 4000 feet long will usually have people saying just that, spunknit

I would recommend the following:
- coaster ride time under 3 minutes
- water ride and gentle tracked ride time under 5 minutes
- less than 100 people in queue for most rides, except the highest capacity ones like hyper twister, floorless, twister, basically any of the B&M's, where the line moves quickly
Neeltje
QUOTE(ride_exchanger @ Mar 23 2005, 09:51 PM)
^ exactly.  a log flume over like 4000 feet long will usually have people saying just that, spunknit

That why I usually make more than 1 station in log flumes and splash boat rides: the ex rating is boosted up due to a long track, but the peeps won't complain the want to get off.
ride_exchanger
yes, this is an excellent suggestion, Neeltje. Anytime you want the ratings benefit of a really long ride with out the complaints, make the coaster (or water ride wink.gif ) a "mobieus", which is a deuling or racing ride with 2 stations. That way the peeps are only riding "half" the length of the ride, so they dont complain, but the ratings are still based on the "full" length of the ride.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.