Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > The Greeter
Josho
My oh my. Doesn't time fly when a person's been having fun. And when time flies, that's when a lot of changes happen. Take for example me sitting down right now and typing this in front of my laptop, something which made me rather broke, but is a real beast of a machine. Or then there is the fact that I'm typing this on a 56k dial up connection, which is only pre-paid banana-frown.gif a big step down from what I had back at home. Yep, I'm writing this from my new home, the place I went to when i "disappeared." I've been having a blast, besides the fact I sub-luxed (partial dislocation) my patella (knee cap) playing soccer one night, but it's all good because I'm mates with the physio.

So what is the point of me writing this? Well, I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

And speaking about changes, haven't there been a lot here. So far, I've noticed AE is looking to make a bit of a comeback, something about RCT Olympics, Fossil doing yet, what I anticipate to be another great scenario, and well, quite a lot has changed. It says here I have 18 pages worth of new posts to go through. I don't know how those games in the section I partook in have been going, but I'd say they'd be looking quite huge by now.

And as for milestones at the mart, surely more have been broken. It really seems like this site has grown so much! Probably as much as I've grown myself when I moved to Katherine, and that is quite a bit.

Anyway, boring typing aside, I thought I'd share a few little pics I've taken since I've been in Katherine and surrounding areas (I hope the mods don't mind) Well, the nicer ones anyway... Somehow, the photos from my 21st no one would want to see. There is this wonderful picture of me after I funnelled a bottle of passion pop (cheap and nasty champaigne) that totally wrecked me. Luckily my boss at the time was egging me on, and didn't mind me coming into work the next day around lunch time (and still getting paid for a full day) It was something that should have been remembered, but I just can't remember much, if anything at all...

Anyway, one photo you might be wondering about is why I took a photo of a speedo in a car. It just so happens out in hte territory, there are roads with no speed limits. Given the distance to travel from one town to the other, it is a real god-send. It just so happened we were travelling on average, at 150km/h on the way to Katherine in the car, after I left Brisbane the second time.
user posted image

I got a few pics of Australia's biggest war cemetary, which is quite fitting, because in WW2, much of Australia's fighting took part on the northern aspect of Australia (namely Darwin)and this cemetary is about 200 Km south of Darwin. Very well maintained, and just simply breath taking.
user posted image
user posted image
A pic of the Darwin Coastline. Not too bad, but the water really is that blue. At that time, I was quite a distance from the beach
user posted image
And finally, a pic of the gorge, a piccie that I'm quite proud of taking
user posted image

Needless to say, I love it out here. And, seeing as I have a laptop, I might be able to whip up a park or two now, seeing as home had too many distractions, and my new home, well I'm free to do what I like. I love it! All i can say is stay tuned, RCT 2 is installed, and ready to go.
chadesofblur
banana-pompom.gif It's good to see you Josho. I hope you're saying you'll be able to visit more often.
OrlanDude
Nice to have you back, Josho. And those are some spectacular views; I especially like the gorge. But be careful on the roads even if there are no other cars around. At 150 km/h you could be in a single car wreck and be hurt pretty bad. We'd hate to lose you now that you're back.

p.s. I hope your knee heals soon.

Neeltje
Glad to see you Josho. Isn't this a wonderfull time to live in? You can enjoy the pleasures of the wilderness, and at the same time have contact with the rest of the world. banana-smile.gif

BTW I'm working on a new scenario, just look in the RCT2 aisle.
ride_exchanger
150kmph, whats that, like 90 mph? I do that on a daily basis on roads with speed limits. Sometimes I think i'm in the wrong profession and should have been a NASCAR driver. laugh.gif

NIce to have you back, Josho
joshiejack
Josho, that last pic looks amazing, so unreal, I love it you must be proud, welcome back
Spunknit
Our Josho! banana-wub2.gif I also hope this means you are coming back for a bit! We so missed you! Your pics are gorgeous! I love the gorge & the garden reminds me of what I try to do in RCT2! As for the speedo..well, I can appreciate that, too! Just call me "Leadfoot Spunky", Queen of the Pavement!
Josho
Yes! I am back. There will be moments where I may disappear for up to three months at a time when I go to the other two remote labs. Don't know if I can still keep my internet going out there, though I should seeing as I'm with my country's main telecommunications service provider.
I might add also, that with the speedo, it was the average. It was my friend driving (because at the time, I was under 21, which meant further costs on the hire car) and I did egg her onto going up to 170km/h... but yes, 90mph = 150km/h. Needless to say, I'm terrible. But yes Orlandude, safe driving is always a good thing, especially with road trains whizzing by in the opposite direction. Road trains I might add are just that - huge trucks that are generally 3-4 trailers in length.

Anyway Neeltje, I'll be sure to check out the scenario you're working on. And Spunknit, the things I've seen you do are also breathtaking, much like what the cemetary was. But hey, it is good to be back. Yesterday when I looked, I think the last time I signed in was Feb 15, which was when I finished my whirlwind tour of home. So realistically, a month and a half. And so much has changed and been done! My oh my, what a site to come to.

Oh, and I should have taken a shot of the sky last night - it was cloud free, and being so remote, the stars were really vibrant, something that can't really be seen in the big cities. Knowing my luck, the photo probably wouldn't have come out too well... banana-frown.gif
ktysmi
LOved the pictures. My mother's lifetime unfulfilled wish was to move to Australia. She fell in love with it by long distance.
Fossil
Glad to see you stopped by! Nice pics, btw...however the gorge and the beach could stand a few coasters, LOL. banana-lol.gif

Hope your knee is better soon.
eastbayboy
Wow nice pics. Hope you like your new home!
verge
Ya i do like the pics and i also hope your knee heals soon but please im new so i dont know what im doing well welcome bak i guess
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.