Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCT 2 For Dummies (like me)
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
rjf3123

Been playing RCT2 (w/ Corkscrew & Loopy Landscapes addon) for a couple years now (off and on). Love the game but getting a little tired going through the "canned" scenarios and starting all over when I get em all done. Been poking around looking for more neat stuff to play around with. Found this forum and started downloading things like UCES, tracks, scenarios, etc. but not sure what to do with them.

When I look in c:\program files\hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon\Scenarios, the file extensions are .SC4. After I installed the UCES download, the scenario file extensions are .SC6.

Thought I would just try to copy the .SC6 file into the scenario directory where RCT is installed, started the game but didn't see the scenario I copied.

Is there a "tutorial" out there somewhere that will bump me to the next level of RCT intelligence?

TIA -
R. Fisher
banana-confused.gif
rct2nut
First off Welcome to the Mart!

Secondly, you have RCT1 (the orignal) with CF and LL. You would need to purchase RCT2 (expansion are Wacky Worlds and Time Twister) in order to use the UCES or any user created scenery (note dont need WW or TT). Each version was made with different extensions.
rjf3123
Thanks for the warm welcome ...

My bad on the version I had. I originally purchased RCT and when the CF and LL expansion packs came out, I purchased those as well thinking that I now had RCT 2.

Next trip will be the store ...

Thanks again and btw this is a pretty cool place!

R. Fisher
RcTtYcOoNiSt05
If you want downloads for LL, then I suggest going to www.nedesigns.com and click on spotlights. Some are rct2, but the majority are Rct1 LL.
Leonardofury
Though having just had a load of controversy over this for the olympics, please be aware that you will need to find and download a copy of the Josef Drexlar patch before opening them otherwise you may well suffer problems.
RcTtYcOoNiSt05
Oh, ya, I forgot to say that, thanks Leonardofury.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.