Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Walls, pillars, ugh!
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
TheVelvetFoxx
I have a couple of problems with a new set I am developing.

First, I aligned the 1/4 tile brick pillars with the corner of the tile so that when rotated they would appear where I want them to. Trouble is, they don't appear in the corner in every view. If I rotate the view in the game, the pillar that appeared to be in the corner on the first view actually appears slightly away from the corner on the second view. Any idea how to fix this? The idea is for the pillar to support a building just like a cinderblock foundation pier.

Second, the porch floor does not want to appear on top of the pillars regardless of the angle. It appears above them. I'm completely stuck on that one. I've posted a couple of pics so you can see what I am talking about.

I already know that the walls are off (the grey ones - I used regular game walls for comparasion - sp). I'm working on those. The roof tiles are all to narrow by a couple of pixels. I'm gonna fix that as well. I just need to get these basic problems ironed out before I can finish the set. And yes, this is part of the new Hillybilly Heaven set I'm working on.

user posted image

user posted image
yellowrose
Hey Velvet, the set looks nice. I can't help at all with advice as I don't know much about RCT placements and the RCT footprints.....but I like what I see...very nice
Wagi
Velvet, I would suggest contacting Mama Bear, I know she has some specific knowledge on how to get certain 1/4 tile objects to line up correctly...same will making rooves 'sit' properly on top of walls. Mostly it has to do with placement in the object editor.
TheVelvetFoxx
Thanks Wagi, I'll do that. You're right about placement in the editor. I found that out with the walls. I've fixed the plain wall, but it took forever - one side kept coming up too short. Just by moving it around in the editor, I fixed the problem. It took me so long to get that one wall half just right that I have decided to "hand paint" it the doors and windows directly in the editor. I just don't feel like fiddling with converting the images again even though it would be faster if I did them in 3D first.

I'm working on some tire planters too. Since they are 1/4 objects, I'll ask Mama Bear about those as well.
rlindsey
I hand paint all my objects in. Guess that's why I don't do many objects. banana-lol.gif

Your objects are looking great Velvet!

--------------- TOPIC NOTICE by: Matt ---------------
user posted image
Topic Moved from Tutorial Workbenches to Q&A Desk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.