Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signatures
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > Site Suggestion Box
joshiejack
I would just like to know, why is the sig length so small, i was wondering could you please increase all i want to do is make the sig i have now black, but thats too big, could you please consider increasing the maximum length?

JJ banana-blink.gif
Matt
The signature text box limits here were set to match that of the standard size signature, and a few lines of text. If you are having trouble fitting everything in, simply cut a few words out. You don't need an essay in your signature. wink.gif
rct2obsessed
You can remove the 'Click here to' from both lines of your sig to free up more space for color, an you could re-word the rest also. Play with it a little and you will make it work.
skyvanman
Yes as Matt said signature limits are the same as the normal signature limits found on most forums. Some forums do not allow any images at all or colors in the signatures (GameFAQ's is an example), and the 468x60 size is standard. As for the 300 characters that makes it so that signatures do not take up too much space when someone loads. Also with this limit in place it helps to make the signature be a sig, not a post or anything, it is just supposed to show a little represenation of who you are or show a small picture of something you like or a link to your site or a little quote or something, you will see that 300 characters is a little generous considering many sites hae 256 or 255 as the limit.
rct2nut
Matt, rct2obsessed and skyvanman are correct. I have seen some sites where the sig is so long it takes up half the page. Not only is it messy looking but for those who have dialup it is a nightmare for loading time. So sorry, signature limits will not be increased here.
Matt
I think this topic has served it's purpose. Closing Topic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.